šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Apple Music pays $0.01 / stream to artists

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

Agunimon

$1 per 100 streams on a song for a pop artists seems more than fine with me.
Not so much for the indie artists, though.Ā 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa

since 2017, iā€™ve given gaga 10426 streams. thatā€™s $104.26Ā :cryga:

but makes sense tbh, they canā€™t pay much more. a lot of people stream a lot of music

weed

That's amazing, 1B streams is literally 10M dollars.. like.. that's fantastic, way above Spotify numbers.

ok.. I gotta make some music and get on Apple Music bc 10M streams is 100k.. I can live off 100k for a year if I get a semi viral song sksksksĀ 

Schizophonic
17 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The fact that Shallow, with ~1.4 billion streams on Spotify has only generated ~$5.1 million for Gaga :toofunny:

well, i think she has to split that with mark, anthony and bradley?Ā 

17 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The fact that Shallow, with ~1.4 billion streams on Spotify has only generated ~$5.1 million for Gaga :toofunny:

$5.1 Million ONLY for streams and ONLY on SpotifyĀ :toofunny:

Thereā€™s so much more money involved that comes from other streaming services, live shows, the movie itself... and itā€™s ONLY ONEĀ song Gaga has put out the last years.

Iā€˜d do much for $5.1 millionĀ :air:Ā putting a song out is the least, luv

Economy
1 hour ago, JazmineRice said:

If a song is streamed, say, 1.4 billion times, then Spotify would pay $14,000,000. How is that not enough?

I think the bigger issue like @AutumnĀ said is that most artists are not A list celebrities that are still gonna get millions regardless... any underground artist will make next to nothing in total if they are getting 1 cent or less per stream

Ā 

But imo the general public shares some of the blame too not just the companies... ppl complain at the prospect of apple or spotify raising their $10 or $12 monthly fees which is dirt cheap to access virtually any song if u think about it... some ppl wont even pay that for spotify and use a free version with ads :rip:

Ā 

Like some ppl will literally make many hundreds of streams by the end of the month (even just 10 songs a day is already 300 streams a month abd some ppl listen to way more than that)...

Ā 

Then businesses in addition to paying label and artist also have their own expenses they must payĀ before they can even turn any profit at all

Ā 

I do think artists should get a little more for each stream but ppl also need to be willing to pay another $3Ā or $4Ā a month without complaining... $10 or $12 a month payed for unlimited streams leaves very little to go around, its not rocket science

dynamite
1 hour ago, JazmineRice said:

If a song is streamed, say, 1.4 billion times, then Spotify would pay $14,000,000. How is that not enough?

Most songs don't get that amount of streams. This benefits a tiny number of likely already rich and famous artists.

Economy
8 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

since 2017, iā€™ve given gaga 10426 streams. thatā€™s $104.26Ā :cryga:

but makes sense tbh, they canā€™t pay much more. a lot of people stream a lot of music

We spend less per month on a streaming service to access as much music as we want as 1 album purchase used to cost us

Ā 

It should not be surprising that under such a structure artists will make less off streaming than when we relied on sales

Magic Mike
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

We spend less per month on a streaming service to access as much music as we want as 1 album purchase used to cost us

Ā 

Though I'm surprised they fought and survived the music piracy that still continues but isn't now really a threatĀ 

Economy
Just now, Magic Mike said:

Though I'm surprised they fought and survived the music piracy that still continues but isn't now really a threatĀ 

I agree that streaming is still preferable to illegal downloads that were completely free

Ā 

But if u think about it, even if 90% of music accessed was pirated, there was still more being spent on music woth 10% legitimate access thru sales than with streaming rn

Magic Mike
1 minute ago, Economy said:

But if u think about it, even if 90% of music accessed was pirated, there was still more being spent on music woth 10% legitimate access thru sales than with streaming rn

if Economy is saying it...who am I to disagreeĀ 

I'm shook

spector
14 minutes ago, Magic Mike said:

if Economy is saying it...who am I to disagreeĀ 

I'm shook

donā€™t be frightened, deary. economy is just a human, they can get things wrong tooĀ :sis:

stella + elliot = stelliot

Lucas
2 hours ago, bionic said:

How much does industry-breaking Tidal earn artists per stream? I wonder if there's a relatively unknownĀ streaming service that pays decently

In 2020, 0.0125$Ā :sweat:Ā funny considering their whole "we make this to pay artists fairly and to put art at the front" speech. Also they have been exposed to steal smaller artists' stream number to grow big artists' numbers

Apple Music also takes a 28 cents comission for every dollar an artist makes, so almost 30%

Chromatikitten

Stream ARTPOP so Gaga can buy a sandwichĀ :bradley:

She's meditating guys ā€” She's died

Archived