Chromatica out now

politics

Brexit: More than 400 businesses fled ‘U’K to the EU

Miss Dolly

Featured Posts

Miss Dolly

Source: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19238315.brexit-forces-400-business-move-uk-europe/?fbclid=IwAR2rn1sTCNfIN59KF02pRigafXBie0MDG4Gs5EdQnOw9zIIV_0qa985XrUE 

BREXIT has forced more than 400 financial firms to move at least some of their operations, staff, assets or legal entities from Britain to Europe.

Exports of fresh fish and seafood have been severely disrupted by delays since the UK’s transition period ended on December 31 but the New Financial think-tank report said the 440 firms include 126 asset management firms, 81 banks and 65 insurers.”

We love to see. 

Edited by Miss Dolly
Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
SEANGT

I think it's kind of gross to say that you love news like this or to laugh when real people will be suffering if the UK is actually headed for (more) of a financial crisis. 

And no, they don't "Deserve it" for voting for brexit, which only won by a slim margin after much false propaganda. The most vulnerable who probably voted to stay by a wider margin will be the worst affected. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Miss Dolly
4 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

I think it's kind of gross to say that you love news like this or to laugh when real people will be suffering if the UK is actually headed for (more) of a financial crisis. 

And no, they don't "Deserve it" for voting for brexit, which only won by a slim margin after much false propaganda. The most vulnerable who probably voted to stay by a wider margin will be the worst affected. 

I’m laughing because remainders warned this would happen and it’s happening. 

• Thanks 1
SEANGT
15 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I’m laughing because remainders warned this would happen and it’s happening. 

idk maybe laughing is how you cope, but it's not funny to me, it's just sad. 

Miss Dolly
6 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

idk maybe laughing is how you cope, but it's not funny to me, it's just sad. 

It also helps with the break up of the union which I would like

• Love 2
MotherOfPuppies

I am really sad that the BREXIT happened because I sold my stuff to the UK too and now it is just too complicated to do it because of tax regulations and customs duties... it's a shame what happens there

Edited by MotherOfPuppies
I have to laugh.
Miss Dolly
11 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

I am really sad that the BREXIT happened because I sold my stuff to the UK too and now it is just too complicated to do it because of tax regulations and customs duties... it's a shame what happens there

I’m sorry to hear that. Have you completely stopped business to the UK? 

MotherOfPuppies
5 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I’m sorry to hear that. Have you completely stopped business to the UK? 

Yes, because from the first item you sell to Britain you have to register and pay the taxes there, which right now is too complicated for me. I have enough bureaucracy to deal with here in the EU. lol

I didn't sell that much to the UK, so it doesn't affect me in that way, but still...

I have to laugh.
Miss Dolly
Just now, MotherOfPuppies said:

Yes, because from the first item you sell to Britain you have to register and pay the taxes there, which right now is too complicated for me. I have enough to bureaucracy to deal with here in the EU. lol

I didn't sell that much to it, so it doesn't affect me in that way, but still...

If you don’t mind me asking, are you from a EU country? 

MotherOfPuppies
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

If you don’t mind me asking, are you from a EU country? 

Yes, I am. Why do you ask?

I have to laugh.
Miss Dolly
3 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

Yes, I am. Why do you ask?

Just wondering because you mentioned EU bureaucracy. I thought they were frictionless trade between EU countries 

KanyeWest

And I stopped orderin from UK stores bcs of the tax, I wonder how bad it'll be in the end

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 1
MotherOfPuppies
4 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Just wondering because you mentioned EU bureaucracy. I thought they were frictionless trade between EU countries 

Yes there is, but that doesn't mean that there is no bureaucracy. :) Mainly regarding selling to other businesses and you also need to consider a few other things depending on what countries you want to sell your stuff to... you also need some kind of license for shipping material depending on the country and quantity of packages.

I have to laugh.
  • Like 1