Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor #1 in the UK – breaks The Beatles' 54 year old record

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Tinnitus15
2 minutes ago, GAGAXABO said:

Is she? My mum does not know her lol...

um yes...Three times AOTY winner, most streamed artist on spotify since folklore release, best selling album for last year and now breaking this record..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GAGAXABO
20 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

um yes...Three times AOTY winner, most streamed artist on spotify since folklore release, best selling album for last year and now breaking this record..

My mum does not know her though...lol

Monster in Scotland

Chromatography
23 minutes ago, GAGAXABO said:

Is she? My mum does not know her lol...

well, the people who shot her 3 albums to up to #1 in less than a year do. :usrs:

Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, GAGAXABO said:

My mum does not know her though...lol

well..Idk if this is supposed to be a drag but if your mom knows the artist it means she's the music industry or?

GAGAXABO
Just now, Tinnitus15 said:

well..Idk if this is supposed to be a drag but if your mom knows the artist it means she's the music industry or?

Just joking lol

Monster in Scotland

MonsterofFame
15 hours ago, Jill said:

Not that there's anything wrong with using your body to sell records if that's what you want to do...but yeah

Would you say the same thing about using your body to get a job or promotion at work?

I'm fine with sex as part of someone's image and art, but so many in the industry clearly use it as a cheap trick instead of the beauty of an attractive person.

Jill
4 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

Would you say the same thing about using your body to get a job or promotion at work?

If I wanted to, yes. But that's the key difference here: consent. If an artist wants to use their body to sell their work, they should be able to do so without any criticism or slut-shaming.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

MonsterofFame
31 minutes ago, Jill said:

If I wanted to, yes. But that's the key difference here: consent. If an artist wants to use their body to sell their work, they should be able to do so without any criticism or slut-shaming.

Many artists don't want to, or don't want to in the way that they end up doing it. We've heard from Gaga, Kesha, and countless other celebs how they were forced to over-sexualize themselves by managers, record labels, etc.

I wouldn't call that fully consenting.

Lucas

It's crazy because The Beatles seem like one of the most successful musical act of all time and I literally can't name a single album or song from them :sweat:

enissa11
On 4/16/2021 at 9:49 PM, FentyGa said:

chances are, you’re just not into lyrics. that’s kind of her thing. every artist has their niche thing that makes them special/gives them appeal

taylor’s is the way she puts her experiences into lyrics. people who love her songs can relate them, and apply them to their lives. she’s also a great storyteller (folklore & evermore are essentially anthology albums), and fans love piecing together bigger themes and storylines through clues she leaves throughout her albums.

ig, for context, gaga’s thing is concepts/tying in fashion with music with videos, etc. whitney’s thing was vocals. rihanna’s thing is her image. charli’s thing is dance music for circuit gays.

that's not gaga's thing tho, she's much more about raw human emotions, abstractions and expression through performance art..
Taylor is certainly about being relatable...

Mad Architect of Light

monstrosity

She really has THAT year, happy for her bc she worked tirelessly 

but let’s not act as if many artists released 3 whole albums in 259 days tho, it’s not like it was a difficult record to break, any established singer would have break it if they’d released 3 albums in such a short time period

but congrats queen of sales!!

Archived