Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lil Nas X: Stream ARTPOP

dit

Featured Posts

buzzkill
13 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

same i hope her team do smth soon to use this hype!!!At least interscope is listening to us and discounted the album thats a win for sure 

I think they are waiting to see the results of this hype next week. are we aiming for bb200 still?

Tinnitus15
10 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

I think they are waiting to see the results of this hype next week. are we aiming for bb200 still?

100% gonna chart..For a place it needs around 6k copies sold i think we managed to do it

Maybe those videos are for some people controversial, for me not really, they are more of camp than enything else. I like more serious approach, like Madonna's Like a prayer and David Bowie The next day, please dont hate on me :fatcat: 

enissa11
23 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Also, don't attack me but how is a catholic woman using biblical imagery (done countless times before) more controversial than a gay man literally poledancing down to hell and simulating sex with satan himself? :emma:

As you said it, she used biblical imagery, but subvert it and made it with a more serious tone as she is a catholic woman who knows the craft, she used the story of Jesus as a metaphor to portrait a modern toxic love triangle, she, as Mary Magdalene is cosign to oblivion relegated to be only the rockstar girlfriend, she's accepting the prophetic nature of her betrayal in order to gain wisdom and then become the Jesus of today herself and move forward, in the end she doesn't overcome her obstacles and before dropping some tears end up stoned by the mob, reflecting the struggles of being a woman. Bloody Mary seems like a response to this.

However, at the time it was seen as blasphemy, blatantly disrespectful and a mockery towards religion and faith, remember this came out from a woman previously accused of satanism because her dark, evil and monstrous imagery in the BTW video, and also being a possessed nun swallowing a crucifix and having an orgy with a bunch of effeminate men in Alejandro, all this things further accentuated the so called blasphemy accusations from Judas. Messing directly with holy religious imagery in this way is a risk and it was very controversial, Gaga had to face protests against her in many countries and then had to cancel a date of the BTWBT in Jakarta because of death threats and people posting photos of their tickets and saying they'll detonate bombs etc. It hasn't been done "countless of times", it can actually be count, before Gaga, the most recent artist who has done something like this in pop culture is Marilyn Manson with Antichrist superstar and that was very long ago. and of course a bunch of artist during the 70's and 80's like Madonna, but recently in this century there's very few.

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
21 hours ago, proxy said:

Maybe those videos are for some people controversial, for me not really, they are more of camp than enything else. I like more serious approach, like Madonna's Like a prayer and David Bowie The next day, please dont hate on me :fatcat: 

I agree, i like more serious approach too, i think for sure Judas has some campyness in it, but it also has a serious approach.
Montero in the other hand is very caricaturist and exclusively camp for me, even the portrayal of the devil is this Halloween cliché red horned devil, not scary at all, some Christians don't take it seriously or had some type of fear, they just condemn the deviancy.
However, the controversy isn't based on what you or i think, it is about the reaction, and they both were very controversial, in the end the important thing is to have a message no matter how it is executed and they both have it too.

Mad Architect of Light

littlepotter
4 hours ago, enissa11 said:

As you said it, she used biblical imagery, but subvert it and made it with a more serious tone as she is a catholic woman who knows the craft, she used the story of Jesus as a metaphor to portrait a modern toxic love triangle, she, as Mary Magdalene is cosign to oblivion relegated to be only the rockstar girlfriend, she's accepting the prophetic nature of her betrayal in order to gain wisdom and then become the Jesus of today herself and move forward, in the end she doesn't overcome her obstacles and before dropping some tears end up stoned by the mob, reflecting the struggles of being a woman. Bloody Mary seems like a response to this.

However, at the time it was seen as blasphemy, blatantly disrespectful and a mockery towards religion and faith, remember this came out from a woman previously accused of satanism because her dark, evil and monstrous imagery in the BTW video, and also being a possessed nun swallowing a crucifix and having an orgy with a bunch of effeminate men in Alejandro, all this things further accentuated the so called blasphemy accusations from Judas. Messing directly with holy religious imagery in this way is a risk and it was very controversial, Gaga had to face protests against her in many countries and then had to cancel a date of the BTWBT in Jakarta because of death threats and people posting photos of their tickets and saying they'll detonate bombs etc. It hasn't been done "countless of times", it can actually be count, before Gaga, the most recent artist who has done something like this in pop culture is Marilyn Manson with Antichrist superstar and that was very long ago. and of course a bunch of artist during the 70's and 80's like Madonna, but recently in this century there's very few.

Sorry I made you write a lot, but I'm aware of all the controversy, my country actually banned her and the album because of Judas. I'm just saying it's not more controversial than a black gay man doing the same thing bc it's automatically more charged

chaeri pls

Archived