Akiki

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk
12 hours ago, Marjol said:

Where you there?

Because Artrave the tour was an experience!

The showcase was perfect for a smaller venue and as an introduction to the album. It was a bit more rock n roll and traditional Gaga and I wish I was there. But that type of intimate setting with her talking a lot doesn't work in big venues, especially not at the time when the GP kind of turned her back to her.

The Artrave stage setup was wild! The first night I went I was confused by it, sticking to my spot as usual at concerts. Later on I learned you could literally run around, go under the catwalks, dance with her in a way, basically the arena floor became a club. It was so, so amazing. Nothing beats being able to dance and having all the space to.

a guy I met thar night was bending over at one point during Swine and I was hitting his ass with my long fake ponytail and the dancers saw and laughed. We had so much fun.

I will never forget Gaga walking up singing Pokerface and most people around me still in the traditional concert mode turning around in their spot and trying to get her in a selfie with them. Meanwhile she was looking me straight in the eye for a good while and I was dancing with her to Pokerface. That kind of stuff usually only happens when you're front row but you barely have room to move. Now so many people got to be front row and actually dance.

It maybe wasn't super arty but it was a rave. Although I must admit her undressing on stage was an art piece to me! That is something no artists shows and it was fun and sexy AF.

12 hours ago, Chromatica said:

THIS.

For people who have just watched the show on YouTube, I can see how maybe the lack of a huge structure for a stage or the absence of a storyline might make it seem boring. But, for the people who actually went and got to be on the GA floor, a lot of us regard it as her best. Nothing can match that amazing experience. I don’t believe she’s topped it.

All of this exactly.  You had to be at an artRAVE show live, not on YouTube, to appreciate it.  I wasn't on the GA floor, but had front row in the seated part of the arena in Buffalo, NY.   The concert was amazing.  I still get much enjoyment watching the video I recorded at the concert.  I disagree with many of the comments in this thread.  I found the sound in the arena to be good, and the costumes and stage sets were beautiful.  And of course,  being in the same room with Gaga is an experience like no other.  People who only watched it on YouTube missed the aura, ambience, atmosphere in the room.  Therein lies the magic. :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Bradley
12 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Artrave was named appropriately. It felt like a rave. The costumes, the stage, the interludes. Unfortunately that’s also a reason people feel the way they do about it. I personally don’t know how you can find that to be her best live show especially following Born This Way Ball. 

I think people define the word "quality" with very different standards. In the little monster fandom there seems to be this notion of "the bigger the better" with little regard to other relevant concepts to the art form, like coherence, innovation, the physical experience of being there, content and message, and Gaga's actual delivery and execution including her vocals, choreography and enthusiasm.

Born This Way Ball is always hailed as her best tour because, on a scalar level, it's the most grandiose. It almost resembles a theatre production, which is very refreshing considering how very few concerts do that. And the transition from that into a tour like artRAVE can feel underwhelming for some fans, although I would say the choreography of artRAVE was much better delivered than the BTWB. Personally, I find the artRAVE to be a more immersive, raw, and enthusiastic show. It was a space that truly united the hardcore fans who would accept Gaga even in her most unsettling performances and forms, and Gaga in turn promised to challenge our boundaries of what is comfortable and what is not.

With these unique differences in mind I really can't equate two pieces of art with each other like most people do.

MelbHawker

ArtRave was cute, but not anywhere near her best work. I went to it when it came to Australia. Was fun, but her previous tours left me SCALPED/MOVED.

In all honesty, the outfits were a big miss except for the one she opened with (though I recall the actual opening performance feeling a little flat). She had shortened a number of songs too. I dunno, it didn’t really do much for me. The stage was .. a choice. 

AJRocketMan

Which ArtRave though? There’s two of them. There was the 2013 album launch, and the tour. I find the 2013 ArtRave to be better than the iTunes Festival. They both have great atmosphere though.

I’m glad y’all had a nice time there, too bad the show was poorly made. Lighting and catwalk were fire tho. 

Battle 4 Ur Life
12 hours ago, Joshie S said:

lmfao imagine saying any Gaga concert was bad:billie:

They are all top tier LADY GAGA entertainment in terms of outfits, choreo, lighting, staging & delivery.

Do NOT slander BTWB or artRAVE OR Enigma while trying to make your point.

God I hate little monsters some times :saladga:

this 

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Savage

I’ve been to every Gaga show since TMB (minus BTWB cuz it got cancelled) and artRAVE was by far the most fun

ProdigyARTPOP
10 hours ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

I mean they're completely different shows, I loved the artRAVE and it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a Gaga show, but I agree that the iTunes Festival was something else, it's her best set ever. Performing 8 brand new songs after waiting for 2 years, the intimate set with the changing onstage, you could see she was so happy and the audience was amazing too, her showcasing different personas and characters throughout the concert... I was watching it again yesterday since it got uploaded to YT and I'll never get tired of it. 

The performance of ARTPOP is probably my favorite ever, just her in a seashell bikini and an Aphrodite wig telling us what ARTPOP really means... she was literally on trance. I'd have given anything to be there feeling that with her.

I could go on with this essay forever lmao. I'm just so happy to be reviving back all these beautiful memories from this era :wub:

You just reminded me of how much she drew me in with that ARTPOP speech,

I even have an MP3 version of the ITunes

MonsterofFame

The iTunes Festival was done before ARTPOP's release when everything fell apart. So Gaga's energy and enthusiasm was still there.

The ARTPOP Ball was Gaga in shambles, giving us a world tour when most artists would've cancelled theirs. Yes, it looked a bit cheap/low-budget and didn't have the quality of her other tours, but after what we've heard what was going on behind the scenes it's a miracle that Gaga delivered what she did. That's true dedication to her fans.

Smother Em Eh

Agree! It was not only like one of the best things in the AP Era but one of the best things Gaga has ever done in general. Hands down one of my favorite Gaga shows! The serve it was. I dream to have something like it for Chromatica :giveup:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived