💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Itunes was better than artRAVE

Akiki

Featured Posts

Akiki

In many ways I feel like the Itunes stage and performance was more about ARTPOP than the ArtRave. The concept of showing what happened backstage made it feel like a performance artist. Very Marina like. Not that I dislike the ArtRave, it was good (not BTW level good, but still good). But the Itunes Festival performance wans everything, it was crazy, intimate, operatic and Raw. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Akiki
8 minutes ago, Bio said:

I think I agree. To me the artRAVE is her worst tour.

I think artRAVE was a bit of a mess. Probably cause there was lots of dramas at the time and it felt a bit... strange. It could have been better. Specially being the follow up to BTW Ball. 

Haralampos

In general from Applause and later, stage and dancer costumes were cheaply-made. It's all about management and art/stage directors.

renly0910

Yes, the iTunes Festival gave us the best versions of MANiCURE and Sex Dreams (which was ruined by studio versions)., while artRave was a mess, ugly costumes, ugly stage, one of her worst shows ever

Cyber Babylon
Just now, Trunks said:

Yes, the iTunes Festival gave us the best versions of MANiCURE and Sex Dreams (which was ruined by studio versions)., while artRave was a mess, ugly costumes, ugly stage, one of her worst shows ever

This

ARTGOD

I like both but I don’t go back to the iTunes festival as often because I don’t like the versions of a lot of the songs as much as the studio ones.

Sexxx Dreams is a snooze and MANiCURE doesn’t have that punch.

Will never understand what people see in those versions.

Linus Gaga

artrave has the best intro and lighting 

and i like to see gaga changing wigs at tour

imagine saying artrave is her worst tour :cryga:

Hit me a message and say hi !

Schwerk

Where you there?

Because Artrave the tour was an experience!

The showcase was perfect for a smaller venue and as an introduction to the album. It was a bit more rock n roll and traditional Gaga and I wish I was there. But that type of intimate setting with her talking a lot doesn't work in big venues, especially not at the time when the GP kind of turned her back to her.

The Artrave stage setup was wild! The first night I went I was confused by it, sticking to my spot as usual at concerts. Later on I learned you could literally run around, go under the catwalks, dance with her in a way, basically the arena floor became a club. It was so, so amazing. Nothing beats being able to dance and having all the space to.

a guy I met thar night was bending over at one point during Swine and I was hitting his ass with my long fake ponytail and the dancers saw and laughed. We had so much fun.

I will never forget Gaga walking up singing Pokerface and most people around me still in the traditional concert mode turning around in their spot and trying to get her in a selfie with them. Meanwhile she was looking me straight in the eye for a good while and I was dancing with her to Pokerface. That kind of stuff usually only happens when you're front row but you barely have room to move. Now so many people got to be front row and actually dance.

It maybe wasn't super arty but it was a rave. Although I must admit her undressing on stage was an art piece to me! That is something no artists shows and it was fun and sexy AF.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Chromatica
Just now, Marjol said:

Where you there?

THIS.

For people who have just watched the show on YouTube, I can see how maybe the lack of a huge structure for a stage or the absence of a storyline might make it seem boring. But, for the people who actually went and got to be on the GA floor, a lot of us regard it as her best. Nothing can match that amazing experience. I don’t believe she’s topped it.

Agunimon

Artrave was named appropriately. It felt like a rave. The costumes, the stage, the interludes. Unfortunately that’s also a reason people feel the way they do about it. I personally don’t know how you can find that to be her best live show especially following Born This Way Ball. 

Oriane

I prefer it too, but the artRave was also like that. She was sometimes changing on stage between different acts etc.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived