Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Itunes was better than artRAVE

Akiki

Featured Posts

MaMaMarryTheNight
12 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

The ONLY fault with ARTRave was that chair segment and that’s it. 

It’s to MJH, she could’ve done anything and it’d still have sucked :huntyga: xx

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria

I think the itunes show was fun because it was all new songs. People were super hyped, she was excited to share them. The "intimate" setting was als unusual for Gaga and helped it feel more like an art performance. However I think if it had happened after the album was out, people wouldn't hype it up as much as they do now. The costumes were not as good as the artrave and the stage was blank.

IMO the artrave was possibly the best fan 'experience' of all her tours - those transparent walkways enhanced the feeling of connection with her 1000x and I'm really shocked they haven't used that setup for all her tours since. It really meant everyone had a great seat and everyone could feel super close to her, without the security barrier there usually is.

I also thought the set design was really nice, with the crystals and the cloud castle and Venus flowers. Her second best after BTWB, I never understood why people bash it.

I think after TMB and BTWB it was disappointing to not have a cohesive narrative or story. All the unconnected outfits and wigs made it feel a bit messy, but I guess it was an essential part of the era - the constant complete transformations. Even so, the costumes themselves were a bit too "standard" and conventionally pretty female popstar tour leotards. The show would have benefited from some crazier outfits and makeup.

That said, her vocals were great, and she felt super connected to the fans. The Swine performance was a great finale and I think represented how more of the show should have been - totally wild and unhinged, letting go of the pretty, choreographed pop star thing and fully raving. But I understand at that point in her career she couldn't afford to take such big risks.

Samma123

I think the artRAVE was meant to be a bit of a mess? It was a RAVE! Also I expect Artrave had a much lower budget than the TMB and BTWB due to management change and the performance of the album?

NewUsername
4 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Anyone saying “artrave was her worst” clearly didn’t even attend the show lmao. It was way more fun than the Joanne tour.

I attended both shows and Joanne World Tour > artRAVE :vegas: 

ThatGagaBoobStan
11 hours ago, Bio said:

I think I agree. To me the artRAVE is her worst tour.

Me when I lie:neyde:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡

pop a 911
8 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

artRAVE can only be the tour. 

The release party was called ArtRave

On all promos they’re spelt the same :triggered:maxresdefault.jpgArtRave_The_ARTPOP_Ball_Tour_Live_In_Par

i’m not real, i’m theatre

Cookie Tookie
31 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

I attended both shows and Joanne World Tour > artRAVE :vegas: 

to you your opinion GIF

stircrazy
4 hours ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

It’s to MJH, she could’ve done anything and it’d still have sucked :huntyga: xx

CHAIR-y  Jane Holland,

Hellorrr:wtfga:

M i K E Y

artRAVE is one of her best tours and wins against an one hour show (but she slayed on iTunes tho) 

The Z
45 minutes ago, POP A 911 said:

On all promos they’re spelt the same :triggered:maxresdefault.jpgArtRave_The_ARTPOP_Ball_Tour_Live_In_Par

No, they're not the same

The first says artRave

The 2nd says artRAVE

Leoooo

I went to the artRAVE and it was one of the most magical moments of my life

maxresdefault.jpgdsc03251.jpg490271195%20copy.jpgLady_Gaga,_ARTPOP_Ball_Tour,_Bell_Center0ad558c08a0879e1e055524f79d5d13f.pngvzqpr7bjm9w21.jpg

Honestly no image can do it justice, you had to be standing in that crowd to even be able to make a judgment on how it was trust me dolls

James Gibson

I love them both so much. But artRave is aging so well with me and I got tired of itunes after a bit, but as someone pointed above it was nice Gaga doing ARTPOP in a morr minimalist way.

However i think all that artrave and studio versions happens simply because people had the other version first and got used to it.

King J

I think ArtRave (the ARTPOP ball) had some really nice qualities the whole bad romance section was... awful however, and garish... appeared very cheap. However an ad hoc performance with barely any stage design cant be compared to a world tour in my opinion. :huntyga:

ArtRave as in the launch party was superior to iTunes definitely, also. 

Rowt ay soyng aybouwt yer eyesh, ayt ay sliysche ohf cherreh pye. Eye crei'd awl noiyght.

Archived