Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Itunes was better than artRAVE

Akiki

Featured Posts

NewUsername
2 hours ago, Marjol said:

Where you there?

Because Artrave the tour was an experience!

The showcase was perfect for a smaller venue and as an introduction to the album. It was a bit more rock n roll and traditional Gaga and I wish I was there. But that type of intimate setting with her talking a lot doesn't work in big venues, especially not at the time when the GP kind of turned her back to her.

The Artrave stage setup was wild! The first night I went I was confused by it, sticking to my spot as usual at concerts. Later on I learned you could literally run around, go under the catwalks, dance with her in a way, basically the arena floor became a club. It was so, so amazing. Nothing beats being able to dance and having all the space to.

a guy I met thar night was bending over at one point during Swine and I was hitting his ass with my long fake ponytail and the dancers saw and laughed. We had so much fun.

I will never forget Gaga walking up singing Pokerface and most people around me still in the traditional concert mode turning around in their spot and trying to get her in a selfie with them. Meanwhile she was looking me straight in the eye for a good while and I was dancing with her to Pokerface. That kind of stuff usually only happens when you're front row but you barely have room to move. Now so many people got to be front row and actually dance.

It maybe wasn't super arty but it was a rave. Although I must admit her undressing on stage was an art piece to me! That is something no artists shows and it was fun and sexy AF.

huh? I would actually say it was her LEAST rock 'n roll-ish tour out of all!

OT: Swinefest as a smaller show was indeed better executed than artRAVE as a big tour.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joshie S

lmfao imagine saying any Gaga concert was bad:billie:

They are all top tier LADY GAGA entertainment in terms of outfits, choreo, lighting, staging & delivery.

Do NOT slander BTWB or artRAVE OR Enigma while trying to make your point.

God I hate little monsters some times :saladga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

littlepotter

If there's one Gaga show I wish I could attend, it's the ArtRave :cryga:

chaeri pls

Benji

It depends how we compare them.  If we’re comparing it in a traditional tour way and we’re talking about set list, showmanship and performance then I’d agree, iTunes was better.  The BTWBall is her most epic tour yet, that was breathtakingly incredible.

The artRAVE really was more of a party than a traditional tour.  This isn’t a negative, I think it worked very well considering the era and the situation Gaga and her team were in.

Helxig
20 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

lmfao imagine saying any Gaga concert was bad:billie:

They are all top tier LADY GAGA entertainment in terms of outfits, choreo, lighting, staging & delivery.

Do NOT slander BTWB or artRAVE OR Enigma while trying to make your point.

God I hate little monsters some times :saladga:

I am constantly shocked by people's inability to compliment something without tearing something else down! How did we end up at this place??? Can't compliment the iTunes festival without tearing the artRAVE to shreds. Can't compliment Gaga's artistry without ripping into another female artists in comparison. Can't compliment one of Gaga's albums without trash talking another. It just doesn't make sense! I love all her tours and albums in different ways for different reasons. Yes some better than others, but why viciously insult the others? They're still good... I just... :saladga:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

MaMaMarryTheNight

While i do think some costumes looked tacky, i will say that I liked the artRAVE the most. I attended 3 tours (MB,BTWB and artRAVE (she cancelled the JWT date)) and out of all three ich think artRAVE was the best, followed by MB and my least fave was the BTWB. 

The visuals were sooo good, the setlist was perfect IMO and even in the seats everyone was partying and had the best night ever. IMO the BTWB felt just Bland. Sure it had a story but I think the stage was super boring :awkney:m

I like the SwineFest tho because of the better song versions 

looking at is as a RAVE, what it intends to be, it fitted the show perfectly

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

Killa

There are only so many tours, so when you say worst.. it's just that it's not the best loool

on screen i def prefer itunes, but its def a different show. But the overall energy and performance is much more cohesive. 

The artrave ball compared to BTW ball had a big advantage, it was more dynamic, in terms of staging, and mostly everything. It had a fun stating that let people see her and make her have lots of movement and be free on stage. Whilst BTW has that huge castle that weve discussed its a bit of a drawback.

But the BTW with it's music, creates from the get go a connection, it's a ride. Like the previous tours also manage to create that sensation that envelops you. There are some pretty messy parts in BTW ball as well, but ARtrave is really too out there in too many ways.

Artrave has the lightlighting, the mood, the staging. The setlist is confusing, some songs are thrown around, the production from stage, colours to costumes is a bit "cheap looking". I think artrave gave what was promised, a party. A bit of a particular party, for a particular crowd. But she knows most of her crowd. I sure regret not being able to attend

ThisBitch

Where you even there? the artRAVE is one of the best concerts I've ever attended! Never had so much fun at a show!

Born Brave

Venus was an out of body experience in person! Some of it was ho-hum, especially older singles but for the most part it was amazing 

Schwerk
1 hour ago, NewUsername said:

huh? I would actually say it was her LEAST rock 'n roll-ish tour out of all!

OT: Swinefest as a smaller show was indeed better executed than artRAVE as a big tour.

I meant iTunes was rock n roll ish, not the Artrave tour that followed.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Cookie Tookie

Anyone saying “artrave was her worst” clearly didn’t even attend the show lmao. It was way more fun than the Joanne tour.

HuffsAhoy

I agree, I think the Swinefest was way more iconic and captured the essence of the album better than the actual tour. With the exception of that stunning opening costume, artRAVE looked like everything was bought and conceived at Party Supply. The set list was was a mess and made no sense, the costumes are some of the worst she's ever worn (especially that black leather two piece and that rave girl monstrosity), the set was also a major embarrassment compared to the godly stages she'd had before, though the catwalks were awesome. Of course I find the entire rave scene to be tacky anyway, so that's probably why I was not drawn to this whole vibe. Now, Joanne World Tour on the other hand...that was an amazing show. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JoanneMonster

you guys have no idea about how cool the artrave was, the best concert ive ever been to. her energy was beyond and it was a constant adrenaline rush

+ the connection with the audience was exceptional

I See You

MonsterOfSpain

I mean they're completely different shows, I loved the artRAVE and it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a Gaga show, but I agree that the iTunes Festival was something else, it's her best set ever. Performing 8 brand new songs after waiting for 2 years, the intimate set with the changing onstage, you could see she was so happy and the audience was amazing too, her showcasing different personas and characters throughout the concert... I was watching it again yesterday since it got uploaded to YT and I'll never get tired of it. 

The performance of ARTPOP is probably my favorite ever, just her in a seashell bikini and an Aphrodite wig telling us what ARTPOP really means... she was literally on trance. I'd have given anything to be there feeling that with her.

I could go on with this essay forever lmao. I'm just so happy to be reviving back all these beautiful memories from this era :wub:

Archived