Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

“Judas” turns 10

The Z

Featured Posts

The Z

The second single from Born This Way turns 10 today. It is known for being one of Gaga's best songs and videos, and it became a smash hit worldwide. (except in the US, but hey, what's new)

It gave us incredible looks and visuals:

Judas.jpg

Now, this is the artwork. Gaga did it herself and it is full of... texture. :interestinga:

dd79831ece8cd040a8faf4557c4ed5ab_medium.

What do you think about the song 10 years later? What about the video? Do you still touch yourself thinking of THE Jesus? 

lady-gaga-judas-video-on-bike.jpg

3IEI7EL7JND3LJJLFK44J2JW3Q.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember I was at BIBLE CAMP when this came out so I snuck into the toilets to buy it on iTunes and listened to it like 10 times in a row.

Also the artwork is iconic idc what anyone says.

The Z
2 minutes ago, Leo said:

Also the artwork is iconic idc what anyone says.

It is, and to be fair, it works perfectly with the song

But there were SO MANY incredible photos from the Nick Knight photoshoot that they never used... :cryga:

Like HOW CAN YOU NOT USE THIS:bradley:

fac014ec568d3a011b844d4212d15f98.jpg

The Z
3 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

Wait, never knew the artwork has that selfie shadow :wtfga:

Gaga did it "for texture" :air: I'll never heal from that:ladyhaha:

stupidrain71

Apparently, the artwork was created using Microsoft Word and Miss Gahgah just took out her phone and snapped a pic of her laptop’s screen and voila. An iconic artwork was born

FFXIV WhiteMage

A masterpiece :pawsup:

I remember bopping to it when I was a teen but I had to do it secretly otherwise   I’ll be crucified by my religious relatives :huntyga:

M i K E Y
3 minutes ago, stupidrain71 said:

Apparently, the artwork was created using Microsoft Word and Miss Gahgah just took out her phone and snapped a pic of her laptop’s screen and voila. An iconic artwork was born

ohhhh this explains the fonts texture 

even in 2011 People could do better photos than me in 2021 :selena:

The Z
1 minute ago, stupidrain71 said:

There's something I don't understand though 

The eight single covers are beautiful (BTW, Judas, TEOG, Hair, Yoü And I x2, MTN, Stuck) but this is a mystery to me: why is the BTW artwork so close to the ones for TEOG, Hair and Stuck On You, but Judas is unique and a new font suddenly appears for Yoü And I and MTN? Is it a random decision? Am I thinking too much or is there a reason we don't know? :huh:

boyerased
22 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

There's something I don't understand though 

The eight single covers are beautiful (BTW, Judas, TEOG, Hair, Yoü And I x2, MTN, Stuck) but this is a mystery to me: why is the BTW artwork so close to the ones for TEOG, Hair and Stuck On You, but Judas is unique and a new font suddenly appears for Yoü And I and MTN? Is it a random decision? Am I thinking too much or is there a reason we don't know? :huh:

TEOG and Hair simply stuck with the BTW branding since they’re promo singles and no new shoots or whatever were made for them. Same with Stuck because they just pulled a photo from the Nick Knight shoots. Midway though during You and I they decided to try and new font with a new shoot, same with MTN. Each BTW single was its own era so it kinda made sense. It’s just that TEOG was rushed and whatever. 

Pennywise

Still one of my fave Gaga songs/videos tbh. Also probably my favorite choreo of hers. 

Girls just don't blaspheme like they used to anymore :ohwell:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Pennywise

Also, wasn't it released just before the Easter weekend? What an icon :tony:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

SummerBoy223

Ughhh this bop. Sadly, this song ruined Gaga's career. It would've been a great album track but not a full fledged single. 

Archived