💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favorite Hitchcock Film?

imnotyourbabe10

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10

Hi everyone -- long time poster and lurker -- not very good at threads.  What are some of your favorite Hitchcock films?  Our Lady referenced him in her quintessential song Bad Romance -- and as a horror fan, I can't help but reflect on his works.  There is much horror, thrill, and romanticism to be discovered in his filmography.

Anyway, my hopeless romantic self found myself re-watching Hitchcock's "Notorious" (1946) today.  It is such a beautiful film.  And Hitchcock got away with romanticism from navigating the Hays Code with the romantic kisses in this film: "According to the code, kisses could only last three seconds. Hitchcock came up with an ingenious idea: have the lovers kiss, stop, say a few words, kiss again, walk a little bit and then kiss again until they get on the other side of the room."

My Top 5:

#1 - Notorious (1946)
tumblr_nloehzBiRf1s2gm3jo1_500.gif

#2 - Psycho (1960)

9a4a3086a8b41942e8de513c759857ab.jpg

#3 - The Birds (1963)
v1Ge0P.gif

#4 - Rope (1948) - it is rather homoerotic...interesting film!  Check out Google/YouTube for the analyses around the queerness in it.

02902bd3953177e398d85eaa8813d800.gif

#5 - Rebecca (1940)
Rebecca-Quotes-rebecca-1940-41643750-500
0700ffd3fb0673dce7664f6cacf61976.jpg

Honorable Mentions: Vertigo (1958) Rear Window (1954); Lifeboat (1944); Jamaica Inn (1939); Dial M for Murder (1954); Marnie (1964)

Anderson123

Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window. :trollga:

JK but I do love Psycho, The Birds and Rear Window. I have yet to see so many of his films. Vertigo is on my list.

imnotyourbabe10
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Psycho. Too bad its transphobic af :bradley:

Excellent point!  Thank you for mentioning this.  It's very interesting and insightful how films age and are contextualized-- even in the canon of great films. It really is a shame that it has those characteristics.  I wonder what it might look like if it were made today, without those features?  Some of Psycho works very well without the transphobic elements.

Shawniqua Mendes

Vertigo

Wolałabym być sucha, ale przynajmniej jestem mokra. Szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj, szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj

I think my favorites are Rear Window and Strangers on a Train. I haven't seen them all tho, I want to see Rebecca and  Marnie!

weed

I've actually only seen Rear Window in full, with scenes from Psycho. I wanna watch more, he's clearly very talented.

HausOfAntonio
5 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Excellent point!  Thank you for mentioning this.  It's very interesting and insightful how films age and are contextualized-- even in the canon of great films. It really is a shame that it has those characteristics.  I wonder what it might look like if it were made today, without those features?  Some of Psycho works very well without the transphobic elements.

I guess it would make the most sense being reimagined by a trans person! I’d love to see that. 

LibraOctober98

Rear Window is the only movie I've ever seen that had me LITERALLY on the edge of my seat. Like I couldn't calm down while watching it, and I think that's what makes it my fave 

imnotyourbabe10
Just now, LibraOctober98 said:

Rear Window is the only movie I've ever seen that had me LITERALLY on the edge of my seat. Like I couldn't calm down while watching it, and I think that's what makes it my fave 

It is such a thriller and aged very well!  It would be in my top five, but the others get me with the horror and romantic elements.  Also, hello fellow October/Libra  monster! :hug:

LaLuna

Ooohh interesting question. I'd say Vertigo and Rebecca.

I actually did a whole cinema class on Hitchcock back in college, it was super fun. I did a paper on the shower scene from Psycho, and it's really cool when you realize you don't see the knife touching Marion Crane's flesh once, but the score and editing make you think you do. That movie was groundbreaking on so many levels.

mrlemon

Rear Window

But don't forget ones like North by North West, Strangers on a Train, or Shadow of a Doubt

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

PunkTheFunk

Rebecca, Strangers on a Train, and Shadow of a Doubt. I like the more 'glamorous' and mainstream Hitchcock films too like Vertigo, Psycho, Rear Window, etc., but the three I mentioned stayed with me more.

Archived