đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?

MonsterofFame

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Should DWUW (Xtina duet or solo version) be added back to ARTPOP?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

JustTea

To everyone who voted "No"

I Will Find You Reaction GIF

Spoiler

It's one of her best songs and deserves to be on the album, maybe make it so RK won't benefit from it, idc honestly it's been so long already. :madge: It just needs to be on an album! Solo version is amazing, even though the original slaps hardest. :music:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

If y’all don’t know how to add non streaming service songs to your library... it’s easy 

SpadesToStart

I listen to the solo version all the time. One of my favorite songs. Honestly never even needed a feature.

2 hours ago, LDGA said:

If Taylor could re-record her old songs just to stop Scooter from making profit from those songs, why Gaga cant do the same with DWUW? She could re-record the song, take the masters back so she is the sole owner. 

But, even, if what i said is possible, we know how Gaga is, so, i am 100% sure that she wont do that and DWUW wont ever be added back to the album. 

The problem is not the masters, the masters belong to Interscope. R. Kelly has intelectual property over the song. No matter what Gaga chooses to do with it, R. Kelly still must be credited.

renly0910

Its the best song on ARTPOP but no, it would harm her career again if she added it back

lilboyblue
2 hours ago, LDGA said:

If Taylor could re-record her old songs just to stop Scooter from making profit from those songs, why Gaga cant do the same with DWUW? She could re-record the song, take the masters back so she is the sole owner. 

But, even, if what i said is possible, we know how Gaga is, so, i am 100% sure that she wont do that and DWUW wont ever be added back to the album. 

Different situation

Eighteen

i think the whole song could be misinterpreted. so probably best to avoid any trouble and leave it off. that being said, my favorite version is DWUW feat. R kelly and i continue to listen to that version 

M i K E Y

I absolutely love this song but I don't want R K*lly to gain a single dime

illySpencer
8 hours ago, LDGA said:

Because it's not the same case here. Taylor didn't cut off the money from the authors, but from the owner of her songs. That is very different. 

You just can't remove an author just because you are pissed off with him, it's will be too easy to do that and the original verzion of DWUW is with R. Kelly. GaGa just can't change that.   

Galvon

No. As much as I like the song, I don't think it should be added back. It was a big statement at the time, and if she ads it back, she might lose a bit of her credibility.

Oriane

Yes, ARTPOP lacks something without DWUW, even in terms of meaning and structure (I made a whole analysis back then and won't go into details but for example there's the fact that the album has 15 songs and the title track is right in the middle of the album - it's also surrounded by the two "angry" songs of the album (DWUW and Swine), so the structure makes less sense now).

Unfortunately the version with R Kelly is still largely superior, it really adds something to the song. If I had to choose, I'd prefer they added the solo version, but it's just not the same.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Benji

I’m here for Gaga re-recording ARTPOP so if she could re-write it and remove R Kelly’s writing credit I’d be here for it.  I have downloaded the solo and added it to my digital copy of the album myself for now.

Archived