Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?

MonsterofFame

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Should DWUW (Xtina duet or solo version) be added back to ARTPOP?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterofFame

For all those saying R Kelly would still receive songwriting credits.. I doubt it. They didn't collab on this song. He pretty much hopped on after it was finished and gave a rap guest verse which they replaced part of Gaga's with.

AND like someone else here brilliantly said, Gaga can always re-record the song even if this was an issue.

Perhaps we can ask DJWS about it since he produced the song and has been rather interactive with us fans lately.

itsmeluka

I just love that song so much! But i also understand Gaga’s feelings about it, since she didn’t replaced it with solo version or one with C.A. I respect her decision about that song to be removed from the album. 

CyanLights
57 minutes ago, deactivated001 said:

By that logic, why does she still have the Xtina version up? 

Maybe a contract issue with Xtina, maybe her team said no to the song being removed. Im sure Gaga was able to remove the album version because its her album and maybe she has more rights but the Xtina version was a standalone single :shrug: 

Duella Dvil

We need the loophole like taylor is doing all parts of the track that DONT involve him can be cut and the track can be re-recorded

www.instagram.com/theduella666

LG2008
3 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

It’s only a matter of time before Jewels n Drugs gets removed because of TI :fatcat:

tbh everyone already has the song if they’ve purchased the album and there’s ways of finding it online to download, so I wouldn’t put it back on the album in any form

replace it with a cute outtake would be nice :vegas: but seeing as that outtake is not a part of the original album, it makes sense as to why they wouldn’t replace it 

I think she should replace this version of Jewels n Drugs with one without TI but including the DJWS instrumental part (If I remember correctly there was an instrumental section DJWS made for the song but they didn't use in the final version) and regarding DWUW, she just has to include the solo version where the album version was and that's it... (I just don't understand how or why R. Kelly would have writing credits on the solo one... As I said before, I think he wrote just his verse :oprah: because the Xtina version is still on streaming services and it has the same lyrics as the solo)

I'm glad Gaga is more careful with her collabs now because ARTPOP's situation is a mess :fatcat:

jacs vs looser
45 minutes ago, Savage said:

I wonder if she could re-record it! (Epic Taylor’s Version style! :ally:) would that get around him profiting?

That's a great question, it depends on what specifically R Kelly contributed to the song, whatever elements he provided would need to be removed. 

20 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

It’s only a matter of time before Jewels n Drugs gets removed because of TI :fatcat:

Good riddance! :ally:

TMM90
1 hour ago, Luk said:

how do you know if R. Kelly had any participation in the writing before he was invited to feature on the track? it doesn't make sense at all

Cause Gaga is known for giving credit when credit is not actually due.

LG2008
1 minute ago, TMM90 said:

Cause Gaga is known for giving credit when credit is not actually due.

Well, yeah! There's why he most likely has a participation on the other version... :selena: Sometimes I wish Gaga would be a little bit more selfish regarding credits :toofunny:

She should re-record it with The Weeknd and add that version. He only has writing credits on the original, which should be kept off streaming services, but a reworked 2021 recording would be fine. It's ultimately Gaga's song, R Kelly has no production credits (which Gaga does) and so a rerecording would be avoid the royalties problem.

But the song is part of the "core" of ARTPOP songs. It'd be akin to excluding Poker Face or Judas from a rerecording of those albums. I don't think it should be ignored; it'd be better for her to confront it head on with a new version.

nickkoko

I'd be down for a Do What U Want (Gaga's Version) where RK gets no writing credit. What I'm not sure about is, did RK & Gaga write the song together, like even Gaga's verses and the chorus? If not, then this would be possible but if so then it's kind of a grey area determining who wrote what, which lyrics were written together and thus which lyrics would have to be, in theory, rewritten.

Archived