💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Gaga album had more dated production?

AMENiCURE

Which Gaga album had more dated production?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. More dated production?

• ARTPOP
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

AMENiCURE

ARTPOP and Chromatica were both panned for sounding "dated" upon their initial releases. While ARTPOP was labeled as EDM music from 2012, Chromatica was labeled as pop music from 2013.

Which album do you think the word “dated” suits more? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25

The whole "dated" thing has lowkey lost all meaning when it comes to critics and certain music genres. Music ages and that's just how it is, aswell as genres and styles fly in and out every other decade. 

edit: Like "Blinding Lights" sounds like it came straight out of the 1980s, does that mean it's dated or homage.. 

Chromatography

i think a lot of her redone work sounds “dated” in the sense you just know it’s from the 2008-2011 era of pop. which is not a bad thing.

Shawniqua Mendes

Both.

Wolałabym być sucha, ale przynajmniej jestem mokra. Szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj, szczaj na mnie, szczaj, szczaj

Italian
2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i think a lot of her redone work sounds “dated” in the sense you just know it’s from the 2008-2011 era of pop. which is not a bad thing.

This is exactly how I feel as well - you can really pinpoint that these songs are from 2008-2011 and they are "dated" in that sense but it doesn't make them any worse

I would say that some of the production on Chromatica could be dated (Fun Tonight, Sine From Above, Free Woman) but they are still amazing songs in their right

I am curious to hear which songs on ARTPOP people consider dated though

Luna Lovegood

definitely chromatica 

luna’s advocate

QueenMortuana

I disagree with calling either dated but if I had to choose one id say ARTPOP. The instrumentals are very reminiscent of the time period it was created and released.

I wouldn't consider Chromatica dated but rather timeless since the sounds of the album could fit in a lot of different spaces and periods.

Focus

Technically Chromatica since the whole album's production revolves around 90's house except SL which is more 80's synthpop. EDM isn't considered dated yet.

youandi

I don't think either were massively dated as such, more just that if ARTPOP had released when she wanted it out, it'd have been more inline with what was cool but with a new perspective on it. 

It's hard to say Chromatica sounds dated when its nearly all based on older sounds, like it's inspired by them, it's an homage so i wouldn't say that's dated. The production on Free Woman and maybeeeeeee 1000 Doves does, however, miss the mark a little for me in terms of what sounds they were emulating, which is a shame because a polished version of the Free Woman demo would have been fantastic but the drop and other bits aren't amazing imo

Archived