music news

MARINA - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland
15 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

The first 6 songs + ILYBILMM are great.

Pandora's Box one of her worst songs.

Flowers and Goodbye are cute. Maybe they will grow on me.

7109fa_f83dac7fc7774a168a4b698fc0c25edf~

@Emigrante @AndiGaga what's so funny?

7109fa_f83dac7fc7774a168a4b698fc0c25edf~

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPe
13 minutes ago, codymonster said:

It's so impressive that she has written this album (and Froot!) 100% herself. You don't see that anymore in terms of pop music. Guess that's why she's a millionaress, since she doesn't have share that writer money with anyone else:vegas:

Her two 100% self written albums being her critically most acclaimed ones too.
The talent :diane:

Speaking of critical acclaim, it's up to 82 now :nooo:
https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/356103-marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land.php

Stream The Love Invention

ARTPOPe
1 minute ago, codymonster said:

84 on Metacritic :vegas:

tenor.gif?itemid=5223775

Finally it's on there.

Stream The Love Invention

tyler k

i absolutely LOVEEE this album, perhaps my favorite release of the year so far?

This is definitely one of her best albums ever, up there with FROOT for me :flutter:

I'm kinda glad she saved New America & I Love You But I Love Me More as album tracks because what an incredible surprise those were!!!! The ballads are G O U R G E O U S :giveup:

I really love how the socio-political themes dovetail very nicely with the break-up songs on the album, you could picture it like Mother Nature's breaking up with the planet because of how we've treated her? I love it i love it I LOVE IT

as of now my top 5 are: I Love You But I Love Me More, Venus Fly Trap, Man's World, Highly Emotional People, & New America

she deserves all the acclaim for this masterpiece, it's really fantastic.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

PinkJelly

Definitely Marina’s best album to date. The vocals, the lyrics, it’s all self written. She’s just so talented.

marina and the diamonds smile GIF

Had it on a loop all day :pray: booked tickets to the livestream on Sunday too - can’t wait to see her perform the tracks live! Top 5 at the moment are probably:

- New America

- Ancient Dreams

- Highly Emotional People

- Purge The Poison

- ILYBILMM

ajmsamuel
32 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

i absolutely LOVEEE this album, perhaps my favorite release of the year so far?

This is definitely one of her best albums ever, up there with FROOT for me :flutter:

I'm kinda glad she saved New America & I Love You But I Love Me More as album tracks because what an incredible surprise those were!!!! The ballads are G O U R G E O U S :giveup:

I really love how the socio-political themes dovetail very nicely with the break-up songs on the album, you could picture it like Mother Nature's breaking up with the planet because of how we've treated her? I love it i love it I LOVE IT

as of now my top 5 are: I Love You But I Love Me More, Venus Fly Trap, Man's World, Highly Emotional People, & New America

she deserves all the acclaim for this masterpiece, it's really fantastic.

great methaphor! 

kindest regards

huttont
5 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I'm kinda letdown by the rest of the album.

You’re entitled to your wrong opinion ;)

im totally joking btw. I felt the same way on my first few listens. ILYBILMM was so hyped for me that it kinda let me down. But it’s a grower for sure

The Fame

Much better than her previous effort. There are definitely some good gems on here. Highly Emotional People was a fun surprise. I think the title track is my fav. Her voice sounded so effortless throughout. Nice job Marina!

This is one of those albums where even the songs that don't really connect with you are still objectively good.

Grigio Guy

The way Flowers and Goodbye are some of the best songs on the album! Geez this album blew me away

Religion is a product to sell.

ajmsamuel
13 hours ago, The Fame said:

Much better than her previous effort. There are definitely some good gems on here. Highly Emotional People was a fun surprise. I think the title track is my fav. Her voice sounded so effortless throughout. Nice job Marina!

This is one of those albums where even the songs that don't really connect with you are still objectively good.

this. ive been single for 4 years, but still feel the pain of the break up of this album

kindest regards

Archived