Purge the Poison

New America

I Love You But I Love Me More

Pandora’s Box

Venus Fly Trap

Ancient Dreams

Man’s World

Flowers

And I literally loved Flowers so ****ing much which goes to show how amazing the rest is :nooo: I’m literally blown away I have no words. 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nightadieu
1 minute ago, Tiny Purse said:

Goodbye is god tier, I don’t make the rules 

I’d totally agree if it wasn’t for that one harsh piano note in the chorus that’s way too loud and almost made me go deaf the first time I’ve heard it :fatcat:

Emigrante
7 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

I’d totally agree if it wasn’t for that one harsh piano note in the chorus that’s way too loud and almost made me go deaf the first time I’ve heard it :fatcat:

I loved that! Unexpected

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Emigrante

This is probably my favourite Marina album. It's so so beautiful and catchy at the same time. It really helps me get through dark times in my life. Lyrics just make it more relatable and personal. 😢😢

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

codymonster

I’m only halfway done the album (listened to the first half on the way to work this morning) and damn, the transition from Highly Emotional People to New America HIT. New America just feels like this angry, triumphant declaration that the old ways are done and a new way of life is beginning, and I went from sad and depressed to “**** ya, let’s change this broken world”. Literally my heart was racing when the music to New America started.

Im so ready to hear the second half:messga:

nightadieu
1 minute ago, codymonster said:

I’m only halfway done the album (listened to the first half on the way to work this morning) and damn, the transition from Highly Emotional People to New America HIT. New America just feels like this angry, triumphant declaration that the old ways are done and a new way of life is beginning, and I went from sad and depressed to “**** ya, let’s change this broken world”. Literally my heart was racing when the music to New America started.

Im so ready to hear the second half:messga:

Believe me, you’re NOT READY

Goodbye is my favorite song but I think the song would benefit so much if, after the first chorus, it became an uptempo song. With heavy drums and tambourines. Kind of how Gypsy goes. It starts a ballad and then in becomes this huge thing. But a little more rock instead.

Sneaky Oliver

I'm kinda letdown by the rest of the album. I really think the first four tracks (aka the singles) are the strongest material. I still think the whole record is GREAT but the second half can't match the greatness of the first half. I saw a lot of hype for I Love Me More but I didn't love it at first listen. Title track and Venus Fly Trap are my favorite tracks

I’m on my Legacy Act era

GooberChill

Easily my favorite Marina album. Highly Emotionally People hot hard personally. Just everything about this album was so well done and incredibly delivered. :kara:

Nickypie101
56 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I'm kinda letdown by the rest of the album. I really think the first four tracks (aka the singles) are the strongest material. I still think the whole record is GREAT but the second half can't match the greatness of the first half. I saw a lot of hype for I Love Me More but I didn't love it at first listen. Title track and Venus Fly Trap are my favorite tracks

I feel the same. I feel a bit misled as she released all the really fast and best songs first already. I love the album a lot but was sad nothing was better than Venus fly trap 

Poltergeist

Someone help me, it's bothering me since Sunday :giveup: I know the melody from Pandora's Box verses, especially the

You almost turned me psycho
I almost lost my mind
I didn't know the depth yet
Of someone so unkind

part. I can't stop wondering what song it reminds me of, yet nothing comes to my mind. The melody's not even similar, I know that it is THE SAME. It's like trying to scratch myself. but I cannot reach, someone help! :giveup::giveup::giveup:

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

ARTPOPe

When Diamandis was first thinking up names for the album, she initially thought of the title Pandora’s Box before changing her mind. She says, "I felt like Ancient Dreams was more unique. It kind of evoked this intangible mythical feel.”

The title was inspired by a 1988 Los Angeles Times review in the back of a book she was reading about Japan. “The writer was like trying to describe this magical feeling of, I suppose, observing elements of tradition still in history and the landscape whilst living in this technicolor world, and that's something that I always tried to encapsulate in my visuals anyway. So I thought, I love that! I wrote it down, and then ended up writing a song about it.”

Oddly enough, an ‘80s book review isn’t the most unorthodox place that the “Venus Fly Trap” artist found inspiration for her songs. Much of the album is dedicated to capturing the "female experience," specifically the oppression of women and the LGBTQ+ community throughout history. A particular moment in history she drew from? The Salem witch trials.

https://www.lofficielusa.com/music/marina-interview-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-album-mans-world

So she thought about naming the album Pandora's Box first, interesting :oprah:
Glad she went with Ancient Dreams though.

Stream The Love Invention

leedeegaga
39 minutes ago, Poltergeist said:

Someone help me, it's bothering me since Sunday :giveup: I know the melody from Pandora's Box verses, especially the

You almost turned me psycho
I almost lost my mind
I didn't know the depth yet
Of someone so unkind

part. I can't stop wondering what song it reminds me of, yet nothing comes to my mind. The melody's not even similar, I know that it is THE SAME. It's like trying to scratch myself. but I cannot reach, someone help! :giveup::giveup::giveup:

I know what you mean! There’s a part of Venus Fly Trap that’s been bothering me! “Got the beauty, Got the brains, Got the power of the reins, I should be MF crazy!” I know that’s another songs melody… whether is hers or not I’m sure?

Scare them first, so they can’t scare you...

Archived