💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

MARINA - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

ARTPOPe

Hoping for Venus Fly Trap as the third single next month or a week before the album. :pray:

Also kinda weird that the snippet she posted some time ago was registered as 'Highly Emotional People (Piano Intro)' but now it appears to be a full song.

I do like the title now, but the Cover...

The Purge The Poison one is so much nicer with the black outfit bringing some contrast into the whole thing, but maybe that's just me.

Why is the Man's World aesthetic so much different from the rest :laughga:

Stream The Love Invention

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio

Anyone else think this is her best album cover? :bradley: Finally breaking the “pretty female headshot” trope :firega:

HausOfAntonio
27 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

Hoping for Venus Fly Trap as the third single next month or a week before the album. :pray:

Also kinda weird that the snippet she posted some time ago was registered as 'Highly Emotional People (Piano Intro)' but now it appears to be a full song.

I do like the title now, but the Cover...

The Purge The Poison one is so much nicer with the black outfit bringing some contrast into the whole thing, but maybe that's just me.

Why is the Man's World aesthetic so much different from the rest :laughga:

Imo both aesthetics are different enough to be interesting in different ways, but still very rooted on the same references/periods to work perfectly together. 

Kinda wish the Purge the Poison cover was the album cover but this one is good too :vegas:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Anderson123
7 hours ago, PinkJelly said:

Excited for new Marina music but honestly sis needs to sort out her Apple Music page there’s stuff from another artist of the same name on there :wtfga:

EE84-A2-A5-30-B8-432-F-9873-CEFFB252-AC9

Stupid Love getting dat promo. :applause:

StrawberryBlond

Love the album name, though the cover's a bit iffy. Really intriguing titles considering Marina tends to prefer one word titles, but it's super refreshing as it tells me more as to what a song could be about. Purge The Poison is certainly growing on me more and more and reminds me a lot of her earlier work. I always thought she'd go away for quite a while after L+F but it looks like she really listened to fans who were somewhat let down, though I think it's perfectly decent. Is it going to be an album all about feminism? I really like Marina's takes on the topic, it'll be interesting to see how she bases an entire album around it if that's the case.

matteonster

Come thru natalia oreiro tu veneno serving ancient city style slay a bit :firega:

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

CyanLights

the cover would be 10/10 if it didnt have the text on it/that specific font 

melon

not sure what I think about the album cover, I don’t feel like it’s as good as froot or EH but I love PTP and MW was also great!

the snippets she has posted so far have me so hyped! flowers sounded gorgeous and cosmos/highly emotional people did too! I think it’s quite a short track list by her standards but I think it’ll be super cohesive 

heauxmatica

Glamourpuss

I just listened to Purge the Poison. I can see the comparisons to her older music because it sounds like it belongs on her first album. I think it's going to be a grower for me because it didn't hit the spot for me but I'm still content with L+F and have been listening to that recently. 

youandi

I'm so excited! Wonder what the mix of upbeat, midtempo to slow/ballad is with her saying Froot but wilder as I feel like this could be ballad heavy considering snippets and only having 10 songs. 

Man's World - Mindtempo-ish

Purge The Poison - Upbeat

Venus Fly Trap - Sounds upbeat 

Highly Emotional People - I'd be massively shocked if this isn't a ballad based on the COSMOS snippet BUT when she released the Man's World snippet ages ago, I was expecting  a ballad so who knows

Flowers - So we heard the piano of this and it gave major ballad vibes but it could just be a stem who knows

IF Pink Convertible and Happy Loner are on there (I mean Happy Loner could have been retitled to anything I guess, could even be Highly Emotional People or Flowers) then that's two more slower songs 

But could still leave up to 5 'wild' sounding songs I guess, nothing wrong with a good ballad though 

Archived