💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

MARINA - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

Esme Squalor
32 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

I’m confused, the previous singles have been about the perils of capitalism and inequality, but then she brags about being a millionaire on Venus Fly Trap? :oprah:

She didn't make her money by exploiting other's labor like Bezos or Gates. Also this feels like the grown-up version of Oh No!, where she's celebrating her own success and can acknowledge that she is actually confident and secure in where she is and what she has accomplished. 

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpiritBunny

It's insane how much I enjoy VFT compared to the other singles :toofunny:

ARTPOPe

On Marina’s New Album, a Pop Star Gets Real (But Makes It Dancey)

In “Purge the Poison,” a lead single on Marina’s new album, Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land, the Greek-Welsh singer assumes the role of Mother Nature—and she’s pissed off about how human beings have treated her. She sings, “Need to purge the poison from my system/ Until human beings listen/ Tell me, who do you think you are?” You’d think a pop song preaching environmental reform would be contrived, but Marina manages to make it a earworm-y dance anthem that packs a punch. As one fan put it on YouTube, it makes you want to “eco-friendly twerk.”

IMG_5467%2525202.jpg

Ancient Dreams is Marina’s fifth studio album, and it’s full of these sort of juxtapositions; she isn’t afraid to deliver an uptempo pop beat and explore the world’s dark, ugly truths at the same time. Among other themes on the record, she alludes to global warming, misogyny, heartbreak, and racism. She asks us to think about how we can better ourselves, and her lyrics hit you when you least expect it. “People tend to shy away from these kinds of issues in songs,” Marina tells Vogue. “But pop music is such an amazing vehicle to discuss those issues, and it doesn’t matter if people agree with you or not—it’s a conversation starter. That’s the most powerful thing about art.”

From: https://www.vogue.com/article/marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-album-interview

Stream The Love Invention

Damon

i love how she starts with high energy and then HEP hits you down to tears :bradley: this album really is onw of her best records imo, i love it so much

... and now i just sit in silence.

ARTPOPe

Marina’s Latest Album Provided a New Sense of Freedom: ‘I Didn't Have Anything To Lose Artistically

The veteran pop star discusses an evolving industry, taking chances as a writer and digesting fan feedback ahead of her new album, 'Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land.'

Over the course of her decade-plus career, Marina Diamandis has challenged the sonic and lyrical parameters of traditional pop music -- fusing electronica and bubblegum, exploring issues of identity and alienation within snappy hooks, challenging the limits of her mezzo-soprano voice. And on Friday (June 11), Diamandis -- who previously recorded as Marina and the Diamonds, and now performs as Marina -- will unveil the most thematically ambitious album of her career, with Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land.

The follow-up to 2019’s Love + Fear skews more toward dance-pop than its predecessor, yet the Welsh singer-songwriter’s fifth full-length is also her most politically pointed, touching upon wealth gaps, racism, misogyny and the climate change crisis. Lead single “Man’s World” took aim at the patriarchy upon its release last November; “Purge the Poison,” released in April, imagines Mother Nature punishing humanity for capitalistic ruin and gender disparity. And “New America” focuses on the rot of injustice underneath so much U.S. history: “America, America/ You can't bury the truth/ It's time to pay your dues,” Diamandis sings.

From: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9585629/marina-interview-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-album/

04-marina-press-2021-cr-coughs-billboard

ARTPOPe

Well, the album is officially out in most parts of the world, except for western Europe and Americaaaa, America, Americaaaa.

What a record :nooo:

There is at least one difference between CD and Streaming Album.
Highly Emotional People doesn't have its intro on the Streaming version, which is a shame, but oh well.

AndiGaga

Highly emotional people is pure perfection

Melody, lyrics, vocals, key change

This album is fantastic, i can't wait to listen to it tomorrow all day

Good night friends ❤

Phaye Monster

15 minutes until it’s out here and I’m so excited:woohoo:

I love all of the singles and I know this will be one of her best albums to date. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Spock

The lyrics are kinda cringy but I’m shook at how good it is!!

Her first album in 8 years, it was about time :giveup:

who will love me when the night is over

melon

such a good album, I’m shook by HEP so far and ILYBILMM

this feels like such a natural progression from TFJ/EH/Froot 

flowers is also so good!

heauxmatica

Arcadia

For people that heard the album, is there a better song than “Venus fly trap”? because I’m not feeling it…

i really enjoyed Man’s World, and Purge

Phaye Monster

The vocals on Highly Emotional People, oh my god. And the extra instrumental coming in at the end? Oh myyyyy

the last chorus in New America is so godlike. And the lyrics are amazing. 

“you’ve opened up Pandora’s Box, you don’t know what you’ve just unlocked” I love how she sings this

Goodbye is an emotional rollercoaster and I love it

The production on this album is some of my favourite ever. It stand outs so well. And classic Marina her vocals + writing is just perfection. 
What a perfect album. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Esme Squalor
5 minutes ago, boop said:

For people that heard the album, is there a better song than “Venus fly trap”? because I’m not feeling it…

i really enjoyed Man’s World, and Purge

If you enjoyed Man's World and PTP then there's definitely more songs on the album that you'll probably enjoy. Also VFT grew on me over the past couple day, so it might just take a few more listens. 

Archived