💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

MARINA - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

edengowon

could anyone provide their ranking of the songs? i'd just love to see how someone thinks they all measure up against the singles... i'm still refraining from listening and it's so painful                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nightadieu
2 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

could anyone provide their ranking of the songs? i'd just love to see how someone thinks they all measure up against the singles... i'm still refraining from listening and it's so painful                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

It’s really difficult for some of them, because there is no bad song per sé.

My ranking would look something like this:
1. I Love You But I Love Me More
2. Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
3. Highly Emotional People
4. Venus Fly Trap
5. Flowers
6. Man’s World
7. New America
8. Purge The Poison
9. Pandora’s Box
10. Goodbye

Emigrante
3 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

My top 3 - Venus Fly Trap, Highly Emotional People, New America. 

Other great ones - ADIAML,  Man's World, I Love You But I Love Me More. The rest I just have to get more into. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

ARTPOPe
7 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

1 Highly Emotional People 
2 Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
3 Venus Fly Trap
4 New America
5 I Love You But I Love Me More
6 Goodbye
7 Pandora's Box
8 Purge The Poison
9 Man's World
10 Flowers

Stream The Love Invention

Poltergeist
5 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

It would be very hard to make a ranking for me right now, mostly because I appreciate the songs in a different way, for example Highly Emotional People is the best song in terms of emotions it brings, but I wouldn't call it my favorite. The singles are surely superior to the rest of the album, but I'd say Venus Fly Trap, New America (especially the part near outro, Froot-like backing vocals :flutter:) and I Love You But I Love Myself More are extremely catchy as well!

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

Rosalina
20 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

Just my personal opinion:

I Love You But I Love Me More

Highly Emotional People

Goodbye

Venus Fly Trap

Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Purge The Poison

Flowers

Man’s World

Pandora’s Box

New America

ajmsamuel
23 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

highlights - acient dreams, venus fly trap, purge the poison, goodbye, i love ü but i love me more

kindest regards

Donatellah

I'd rather wait a week to post a complex opinion about this record but all I can say is that I really, REALLY like it. It's her 3rd best album to me. The production is what shines about this album :cryga:

Also, what I appreciate from short albums is that they usually tend to be cohesive and skipless, and this ain't the exception. Not single track I dislike! :vegas:

Favorites by the moment:

1. Venus Fly Trap aka the best song

2. Flowers

3. I Love You But I Love Me More

4. Purge the Poison

Esme Squalor
36 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

1. Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
2. I Love You But I Love Me More 
3. Venus Fly Trap
4. New America
5. Purge The Poison
6. Man’s World
7. Pandora’s Box
8. Goodbye 
9. Highly Emotional People
10. Flowers 

I've listened through a few times and my rankings will probably change as I listen more.

A R T P O P
14 hours ago, huttont said:

my fave will rotate the more

Same!! I keep flitting from Goodbye to New America to ILYBILMM 

A R T P O P
11 hours ago, Melancholia said:

could anyone provide their ranking of the songs?

From best to worst 

Goodbye 

I Love You But I Love Me More 

New America 

Pandora's Box 

Purge the Poison 

Man's World 

Flowers

Highly Emotional People 

Venus Fly Trap 

Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land 

Battle 4 Ur Life
16 hours ago, Melancholia said:

1. Highly Emotional People

2. I Love You But I Love Me More

3. Venus Fly Trap

4. Flowers

5. Purge the Poison

6. Pandora’s Box

7. Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land

8. Man’s World

9. Goodbye

10. New America

(just my two cents in by the way. I’m pretty sure the order will alternate as I dive deeper into this record. the bottom ones are just those I resonated less with at first time hearing, but they’re still great! The replay value here is huge, trust me. I don’t blame u waiting for the official drop because it’s worth it.)

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Grigio Guy
42 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Vinyls are available on her store - pre order - available Feb 2022 though :deadbanana:

https://usshop.marinaofficial.co.uk/ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land-emerald-vinyl.html

These pressing plants are B O O K E D. Poor Marina. At least they’re cheap! I’ll definitely be getting the clear one but I hope they’re not really just unicolor with no label on the record

Religion is a product to sell.

CyanLights
4 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

These pressing plants are B O O K E D. Poor Marina. At least they’re cheap! I’ll definitely be getting the clear one but I hope they’re not really just unicolor with no label on the record

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that one of the major vinyl pressing plants burned down or something so it’s down to the last one or two?  that’s probably why chromatica didn’t get a cover initially :rip: 

I’d imagine they will be unicolor but will have a label - im probably going to hold off and wait til I hear the album in full and see if other variants come out :shrug: I don’t want to miss this like I did with Froot :cryga:

Archived