Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Ok. ARTPOP...let’s be real (poll)

jimmytimestep

OK, ARTPOP. Let’s be honest...  

221 members have voted

1. 1. For how many of you was this your first time hearing this masterpiece? And if so, did you love it?

• My first time, and I loved it.
    • Not my first time, and I’ve always loved it.
    • My first time, and I was mixed. Plenty of bangers but not my fav.
    • Not my first time, and after revisiting, I’m still mixed. Love most tracks but not them all.
    • My first time, and I hated it and therefore am trash.
    • I’ve always hated it. I’m not a member here really. I’m somiticitng signups for DrownedMadonna.com.

Featured Posts

jimmytimestep

For how many of you was it your first time listening to this masterpiece, and what did you think?

LandonM170

I always loved ARTPOP and will always! There is not a bad track (except DWUW w/ RK, the solo and Xtina versions are amazing though)!

TheSlash

It's not my first time. When it came out, I was mixed about it, but over the years grew to love it :saira: .

Ew, David!

Agunimon

If Donatella wasn’t on the album I’d like it a lot more. And if the lyrics to Mary Jane Holland weren’t so cringe to me I’d like it more too. The production makes up for it so it’s not as bad to me as Donatella. But I almost always skip both of those tracks instantly. The rest of the album I enjoy, but like I said in other threads, the record didn’t meet my expectations. I also really wish they kept Twista after the extended drop of the beat instead of placing his verse over it. It’s already a messy verse. Or just dropped him entirely since I don’t know what he added to the song and TI and Too $hort were honestly enough, and had amazing verses. 

ThisGuyTony

Not my first listen but it’s my first time in a long time thinking about the overall meaning and message of the album as a whole. I still think it’s not as conceptually cohesive as her other records, but this is ARTPOP’s time to shine and be appreciated.

Today I’ve been enjoying and analyzing each track as a stand-alone piece of work. Many are just fun, carefree bops. Others hit a little deeper. gaygacat8.png gaygacat7.png gaygacat6.gif

Radio Ga Ga

damn ggd has changed so much there are now ppl here who havent listened to ARTPOP

ARTPOP was literally my life back then and the reason I stanned

makes me feel old but also happy that she keeps on acquiring new fans throughout the years ❤️

warhol killer

ARTPOP was such a creative era. I think the only songs I disliked were Jewels N' Drugs and Dope although even when playing to the album I still sometimes listen to them. The ARTPOP era always hyped me up and made me wonder what she'll do next.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Focus

All the hate to ARTPOP is from "stan wars" and those who were rooting for her to flop, especially after BTW's success. Remember when they started a rumor that the album's release made her label lose $25M?? The one she personally had to address and debunk? A #1 album is a #1 album and even TF & TFM didn't peak that high despite still being celebrated today as Gaga's greatest album of her career.

gypsy101

i chose option 4 though it’s not exactly right. i thought the album was a bit meh when it was first released but i revisited it in late 2018 and became obsessed. i still think the first half is much stronger than the second half but on the whole it’s my favorite Gaga album.

FFXIV WhiteMage

It is a great album. Not may be a masterpiece to some or it may not meet other people’s standard but the whole album is great (despite the fillers) and enjoyable! :)

and definitely superior to some albums most of you guys fawn over  

Gretchen GIF by memecandy

AshIey

It’s my least favorite album, and I won’t call it Gaga’s “worst” because I don’t think she actually makes any bad music! It’s just not as good as her other work imo, though there are some gems on the album. That’s why I’m kinda baffled at all of this hype right now.

Chromatica

It is my least favorite Gaga album. Every track that had a leaked demo or was performed at swinefest hit less hard on the album without exception. That isn’t about live energy or her setting up high expectations, I just don’t like the actual songs as much. I think she had too much time with the album and had she released it a few months earlier it probably would’ve been a lot better, but that’s speculative and based on nothing. Other songs were just seriously underwhelming. 

The second chorus of Applause is an example of a big problem I had which is that she clearly had very little idea of what the term ARTPOP even meant to her, let alone what it exactly means. Everything was superficial and pretentious without having anything particularly good or meaningful to back it up. 

If I listen to ARTPOP, I listen to Venus, Fashion!, MJH, Gypsy, Applause then I move on.

I will say, however, Gaga fans do not appreciate Fashion! One of the best songs on the album. :giveup: 

In spite of this, the artRAVE was her best tour and that makes believe that the themes of ARTPOP could potentially make for a really strong album if she gave it another shot. 

Justin Drew Bieber

I’ve had the album since 2013 but there’s still some songs I have mixed feelings about (Donatella & Dope)

Quartz

I like it but it's still my least fave gaga album

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived