💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP doesn’t live up to its track titles!

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

I do enjoy ARTPOP! Don’t get me wrong and I don’t wanna stir up any drama and please DO NOT Come For Me but I have some issues with it. I feel like the album is good but could have been A LOT better! One problem I have with the album is that it just doesn’t live up to its interesting, clever and creative track titles. G.U.Y is the first Gaga song we ever got that was a acronym so I think it should have been something out of this world and really different and interesting. Instead we gotta repetitive EDM song with some cringey lyrics.  Jewels n’ Drugs is such a weird but unique and intriguing title you’d think it would be so different and out there but instead we got a generic trap song with some of her cringiest and lame lyrics ever (the chorus) and a surprisingly cool beat. Mary Jane Holland is such a cool and creative name but instead we got a bland EDM song with some more cringey lyrics! (the bridge) The same goes for Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, and Applause. The song titles bring up such imagery and could totally be music videos but the song doesn’t reflect the greatness the videos would bring because the songs fall flat in regards to repetitiveness and outdated EDM beats. 

Does anyone get what I mean. I love ARTPOP but I feel like what we got doesn’t live up to what it could be nonetheless to Gaga’s standards! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

MadreMonster

I get what you mean. I was expecting experimental dance breaks and intros/outros/interludes. But we got a pop album… a fantastic one at that!

I totally understand what you mean though

Anderson123

The name of the songs are so silly lol they fit the sound. Born This Way on the other hand has very unique ones. 

By the way I remember that ever since she started teasing ARTPOP she’d reveal song titles so by the time we knew about Burqa, Gypsy, Tea, Ratchet, Tinnitus, Applause, Venus, GUY, Temple, Donatella, etc. I assumed she’d want to keep that trend of having only one word titles. Then when she announced “Do What U Want (With My Body)” I was like eww what a generic title, reminds me of those long titles they usually go for. Turns out DWUW ended up being my favorite ARTPOP song. 

LateToCult

I think JnD, Donatella, Fashion, and MJH kind of bring the album down. Some of them are fun but they’re obviously filler.

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, LateToCult said:

I think JnD, Donatella, Fashion, and MJH kind of bring the album down. Some of them are fun but they’re obviously filler.

Not in front of my salad maam 

FAC2A67A-FB68-409A-AAB1-FB407A495CBE.jpe

8 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Not in front of my salad maam 

FAC2A67A-FB68-409A-AAB1-FB407A495CBE.jpe

MJH is definitely not a filler.. the other ones I can sorta agree with 

FFXIV WhiteMage

You basically don’t like ARTPOP that “much” is what you want to say. PeriodT

Which is fine because we are entitled to our own opinion. The EDM was, at that time, similar to other EDM pop songs but more jarring and aggressive and unpredictable in some ways. I guess that’s how they envision being experimental. However, the experimental part is very subjective and many of us have different interpretation and imagery of how it should be executed hence the backlash on ARTPOP for not being the “experimental” as it was promised. 

but that’s the negative reception, there are also positive ones in which ARTPOP met their criteria and are hardcore fans until now. Second is the album serves superior and clever pop songs that are under appreciated until now.

The theme and concept are also very scandalous which is a breath of fresh air to the bubble gum pop rampant on that era. I guess in that aspect, we can all agree that ARTPOP was in another league of its own during that time. Though not necessarily the commercially popular one.

Another point is she could’ve just rode the bubble gum pop/trap music hype but she was brave enough to release such album though of course costed her severe backlash from the GP and from her label as well. But it still managed to get into the top 10 best selling albums on that year. And that’s what makes ARTPOP more special in a way. 

RAMROD

I accept your personal opinion :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

3 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

I get what you mean. I was expecting experimental dance breaks and intros/outros/interludes. But we got a pop album… a fantastic one at that!

I totally understand what you mean though

Exactly my thoughts. It would be really cool if Gaga released something experimental / matching the aesthetic of ARTPOP. But if you just wanna have a good pop album, ARTPOP is much more than just good in that:pawsup:

I'm probably wrong

tyler k

well, this is an opinion that I do not agree with, at all :fan:

and not yall calling MJH a FILLER TRACK!?!? what are yall smoking lmao 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Judas Society

I love the first half right up til ARTPOP except JnD. Swine and MJH was fine.

Archived