Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ARTPOP GAGA's Magnum Opus?

Aphasic

Featured Posts

Aphasic

I created a thread about 2-3 weeks ago about which one of GAGA's album was her Magnum Opus. 

Do you think that due to the recent re-peak of ARTPOP on social media and charts will it change people's mind about how they perceive the album today within her albums catalogue?

EDIT: The question at hand is more about the critics and non Gaga stans point of view of this body of work. We as fans have a different connection to her work and that can detain us from being analytical/critical/objective. 

NFRatwell

BTW is still her best to me. Idk why, but when I think about a second act of BTW I don’t really get excited. Part of me thinks it’s because BTW is so good that it really doesn’t need a second version, it’s story is already complete. ARTPOP makes sense to have a second volume and have all the hype because it feels like something that can be added on to. 

Cookie Tookie

BTW is her best work. But I love ARTPOP’s creativity and experimental nature. 

Aphasic
1 minute ago, Wixson said:

I appreciate the love it's been receiving, but let's not go overboard. :huntyga:

No. I actually do consider Bien This Way her Magnum Opus but I was wondering if non fans and critics will view it differently now. :kiss:

NFRatwell
Just now, Aphasic Top said:

No. I actually do consider Bien This Way her Magnum Opus but I was wondering if non fans and critics will view it differently now. :kiss:

I think non fans will continue to hold TF/TFM as her best work mostly because it’s the one with half of her hit songs

Aphasic
2 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

I think non fans will continue to hold TF/TFM as her best work mostly because it’s the one with half of her hit songs

That makes sense. GP still thinks of Rah Rah Gaga and Poker Face Gaga.

VasilisVas

The Fame Monster and Born This Way are.  ARTPOP continues to be my least listened Gaga album and I only like about 3 songs. 

ShayCristoforo

No, it will ultimately be behind BTW and TFM still. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Big Reputation

ARTPOP is her magnum opus in my eyes! She hasn’t come close to topping it

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

Enigma

It's her most enjoyable album in terms of very high highs and lowest lows

Better not see y'all fake asses who've been trashing it since 2014 start acting like you stan ARTPOP now just because she has the slightest interest in it again :madge:

Brainiac

Born This Way is her magnum opus. It contains her best music and its message will forever be associated with Lady Gaga and her career.

Magic Mike
1 minute ago, Brainiac said:

Born This Way is her magnum opus.

This

(Until LG7 I hope :)

Archived