💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP Song Shocked You

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

Which is the ONE SONG from ARTPOP gave a shock when you heard the album for the first time. Don't be a shy, answer honestly! 

LadyGagaArtpop.jpg

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big Reputation

None really, as soon as I heard aura I knew the kind of project it was gonna be

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

highongaga

i was like 8 when the album came out:bear: i was listening on release day, in the middle of playing minecraft, when sexxx dreams came on and i paused everything in shock :ladyhaha:

YEAHHH BUDDY

River

nothing can shock me anymore, I'm a 90s kid, after Smack My B---- Up, nothing can shock.

but what slightly shocked me was Aura.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

27monster27

I was very positively shocked by the breakdown at the end of Fashion!. It really reminded me of a lot of the indie EDM songs that I loved. (And still do.)

he/him/his

homomo

The Aura leak on August 5th, 2013. I still remember watching Radio ARTPOP when it happened.

I mean, when we heard the album for the first time we had already heard almost every song, so I guess none.

C1trus

Venus because it's the first time for me to hear FameGa vibes again. The odd pattern, simplistic lyricsm, the classic GaGa beat, everything:heart:

42854346855.gif?to=min&r=640

I was too young to digest BTW at the time

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

StrawberryBlond

By the time most of us heard the album, we'd already heard half of it in the form of live versions, meaning there was a lack of completely new material, so there wasn't much to be surprised by which is why it felt like such an anti climax, at least to me. The only real shock I got was with Dope and realising it was I Wanna Be With You's beat with completely different lyrics and it was clear her label had got her to rework it. I'd still like to know the story behind this decision as IWBWY was clearly the more mainstream sounding track and considering the likes of Adele was big at the time, a ballad like this could've been big if released as a single, so I need answers.

HuffsAhoy

From the iTunes Fest: definitely Swine :giveup:

From the album: Fashion!

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Fresco

Aura- I killed my former and left her in the trunk on highway 10.

That's a criminal way to start the first track of a new album.

Dope felt like crash landing back to Earth -- its placement in the tracklist makes sense in the arc of the album and its ideas, but the sincerity and emotional rawness and desperation still grabs me. Such a tonal shift, the horrible low after a stratospheric high, very effective at what it was aiming for imo.

⚡🐲

Tiny Purse
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

By the time most of us heard the album, we'd already heard half of it in the form of live versions, meaning there was a lack of completely new material, so there wasn't much to be surprised by which is why it felt like such an anti climax, at least to me. The only real shock I got was with Dope and realising it was I Wanna Be With You's beat with completely different lyrics and it was clear her label had got her to rework it. I'd still like to know the story behind this decision as IWBWY was clearly the more mainstream sounding track and considering the likes of Adele was big at the time, a ballad like this could've been big if released as a single, so I need answers.

I feel like it was the opposite. I don’t think I wanna be with you resonated with her anymore and she decided to change it to dope. She didn’t really have any management at that point controlling her. Hence the infamous YouTube music awards dope performance 

Archived