💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What ARTPOP Also Needs Is...

metalguru

Featured Posts

metalguru

..an edited version. 

I always think that both ARTPOP and Born This Way need a bit of housecleaning. Let's focus on ARTPOP for now. I adore this album and find it as a true documentation of a young artist losing control (both for good and bad) from the get-go, an achievement for sure, and the music itself is pretty awesome -bold, noisy, Dadaist, off the rails. But the album is also a work of art of a young artist trying to control her meteoric rise to fame and of course it reflects confusion and lack of control at parts. 

I would love to see an edited version of the original album. Like what Taylor is doing with her old releases but maybe a bit less on the scale. First of all, the tracklist is so goddamn long and hurts the album's replay value. I think a tighter album without Drugs, Manicure, M. Jane and even Dope will be a better presentation and a legacy order for future listenings. I would play with the production here and there too, adding more organic instrumentals, playing with mastering and sound design, turning down the EDM just a nick. Do What U Want should come back either in solo or with Christina. Or replace Drugs and Do What with songs from ARTPOP II to level up the experimentalism? THAT would be awesome! 

Do you guys agree with me? Would you like to replace the original ARTPOP with an edited, sharpened, tighten up version?

dynamite

My (small) problem with ARTPOP is that it sounds like it's undergone too much housecleaning :vegas:

holy scheisse

Soo you want to cut songs off the album but add more songs to make the tracklist tighter? :derpga: 

I respectfully disagree with all your suggestions except bringing back dwuw lol 

metalguru
Just now, holy scheisse said:

Soo you want to cut songs off the album but add more songs to make the tracklist tighter? :derpga: 

I respectfully disagree with all your suggestions except bringing back dwuw lol 

I mean, if only they are universally better tracks lol

Mother of Puppies

But if you change all that it’s not really ARTPOP anymore... :fatcat:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

littlepotter

The thing is about ARTPOP is that literally every person has a different favorite track and least favorite track. JnD is the only universally disliked song even then there are many fans who adore it. So cleaning the album up won't really do much justice to those people

chaeri pls

MANiCURE 6
14 minutes ago, metalguru said:

I think a tighter album without Manicure

Are you joking right now ??????????????????? :triggered:

Let me shadow banned you chile.

Mister G

ARTPOP is one of those albums where you'll either love it for what it is or you'll hate it for what it's not and could have been. Changing the set tracklist won't do much. Maybe adding in the solo version of DWUW or the duet with Christina could help, but I think the way it's setup now...it exists this way for a reason.

Versace

If she comes out with an ACT 2, I doubt it will have any of the original songs. I don't think a re-release is happening. ARTPOP as it is rn is perfect, maybe just bring back dwuw but the solo version. Maybe a shorter album is smart in the streaming era, so ACT 2 being an EP is not a bad idea at all, somewhere around 8 tracks. I think making an EP is also less overwhelming for her and will take less time. 

PinkJelly
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

The thing is about ARTPOP is that literally every person has a different favorite track and least favorite track. JnD is the only universally disliked song even then there are many fans who adore it. So cleaning the album up won't really do much justice to those people

Most LMs to J&D:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bbod359ncsavdpjq1kn

Personally I love ARTPOP the way it is, sonically speaking. The only tracks I don’t really play are Dope and Gypsy. 

JoeMo
4 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Are you joking right now ??????????????????? :triggered:

Let me shadow banned you chile.

You know, I listened to MANiCURE for the first time in ages today in the car (doing my bit to stream ARTPOP lol) and HOLY **** IT SLAPPED SO HARD. I never really appreciated it during the ARTPOP era but it's aged like a fine wine. 

Lady Gagz really did been knew she was ahead of her time :enigma:

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

MANiCURE 6
Just now, JoeMo said:

You know, I listened to MANiCURE for the first time in ages today in the car (doing my bit to stream ARTPOP lol) and HOLY **** IT SLAPPED SO HARD. I never really appreciated it during the ARTPOP era but it's aged like a fine wine. 

Lady Gagz really did been knew she was ahead of her time :enigma:

No wonder it's my all time favorite track from Gaga... :firega:

Archived