💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Admin addresses and funds ARTPOP ACT II campaign

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

HIM820
Just now, PropaGaga said:

Gaga said the label was actually completely supportive of her during this time. It was Troy who was the problem.

Of course she would say that... she's still signed with them. And yes he was definitely the largest part of the problem. But I really don't think they fully understood the project and therefore couldn't come up with the proper plan for the rollout and everything. The fact that there were any problems that we have since found out about today, means they dropped the ball in some ways because it really is in their job description to fix them. I am not saying they have any bad blood too because obviously she has since stayed with Interscope, but if an album isn't deemed a success, the label has A LOT to do with it.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think everyone involved can see the missteps until years later, which is probably why it's talked about so much now! I am just happy more people are realizing it- and its working. My friend from college who is admittedly a casual fan of Gaga sent me screenshots of Dope, Gypsy and ARTPOP randomly last weekend and was like "how have I never heard these?!?!" so I sent her the petition. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SchwineLove
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I'm glad DJWS told us to do exactly this then! :woohoo:

Yeah I mean thank god Gaga take it in a good way, like, we don't wanna stress her in the middle of Gucci shot. I mean, yeah now we can all together join the fun on how these events turn. Justice for ARTPOP! And a new, healing perspective for Gaga towards ARTPOP era.

Edit : my wishful hope is that, maybe my local radio catch up the hype and finally play an ARTPOP track, like Venus and the title track.

Admin
1 hour ago, HIM820 said:

I thought we weren't "demanding music" from Gaga but more so showing her and Interscope that it would be something we would all really enjoy and love...

Before the petition text was edited, it said “We were robbed of ARTPOP Act II and now it's time for Gaga to release it.“ That is demanding and I'm glad I did not support the petition -- and I still don't.

But taking the RELEASED album to #1 is a great way to show love.

ArtpopAct2

I mean to kind of provide another point of view, if I was gaga and saw the project I was so passionate about but got hated on for, YEARS later resurface with an overwhelming positive organic and passionate fan campaign saying “we know how much this means to you and would support all you had to scrap if you would release it, because it means so much to us and we understood everything you meant about it” that would really make me really happy and likely change my attitude about the whole thing.

But none of us are gaga and don’t know for sure, but I don’t think we should for sure go “oh she’s just being nice, she still feels the same way.” I could definitely see this striking a chord with her and perhaps changing her attitude about revisiting ARTPOP scrapped stuff if she knows she can share it and love it together with us now.

Meruk Holland
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

They could have made Chromatica #1 again, but no, we had to resurrect a 9 year project for...? a tweet? 

I'm super reluctant to give credit to the idea that there is no promo for Chromatica and that the hype for the era died pretty quickly, but there is a sentiment that, because she is currently filming a movie, and the last bit of promo was Oreos, that there isn't anything else to expect of the Chromatica era - that even the tour is on shaky grounds. That sentiment could drive the desire for a change in direction and new content. The idea that she'd begin working on LG7 or any actual new music material is pretty much nonexistent, so that leaves older projects that are thought to be ready to drop. So its for those reasons I think that ARTPOP is being revived instead of Chromatica: we know of song names and instrumentals and lyrics that were possible for Act II whereas the idea of Chromatica outtakes isn't in the sphere of tangibility. 

HIM820
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Before the petition text was edited, it said “We were robbed of ARTPOP Act II and now it's time for Gaga to release it.“ That is demanding and I'm glad I did not support the petition -- and I still don't.

But taking the RELEASED album to #1 is a great way to show love.

Thank you for letting me know this and it makes sense now! I really don't like that wording and definitely signed after it was changed!

Stephen
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

To clarify something, when someone tells you to petition someone, it means "take your cause up with them".  It doesn't literally mean "start a petition"  :toofunny:

But I'm very glad for how it all worked out. :vegas:

THANK YOU :lmao:

ArtpopAct2
27 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

They could have made Chromatica #1 again, but no, we had to resurrect a 9 year project for...? a tweet? 

on twitter we tried for months to boost Chromatica, got it back into the top 5 at one point where she wasn’t promoting it at all. Every little thing she does for Chromatica gets eaten up. Accounts hosted streaming and buying parties for it all the time to show our support, and they trended multiple times

I think people are just tired because we’ve gone with months of silence and no indictation besides the sudden remix album hint and dom thing last week.

this is a completely different situation.

I have not yet signed the petition either (as when I first read it, it had the aggressive/demanding tone quoted above, and I didn't realize it's been changed since) and I can understand now why mods/admins were holding back on it as well.

Was that communicated well on all the threads that were closed here, though? Or were they closed wordlessly? Honestly they disappeared so fast that I don't know if things were communicated well to OPs/posters about why it was happening. (Though yes there would have still been some people acting out regardless of what was communicated, but I think not as many?)

Anyway, I figured DJWS knew Gaga's feelings about all this better than any of us randoms on here, so once he kicked things into a higher gear, I figured he knew Gaga wouldn't be irked or depressed by it. Anyway thanks for addressing this y'all!

⚡đŸČ

PropaGaga
17 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

Of course she would say that... she's still signed with them. And yes he was definitely the largest part of the problem. But I really don't think they fully understood the project and therefore couldn't come up with the proper plan for the rollout and everything. The fact that there were any problems that we have since found out about today, means they dropped the ball in some ways because it really is in their job description to fix them. I am not saying they have any bad blood too because obviously she has since stayed with Interscope, but if an album isn't deemed a success, the label has A LOT to do with it.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think everyone involved can see the missteps until years later, which is probably why it's talked about so much now! I am just happy more people are realizing it- and its working. My friend from college who is admittedly a casual fan of Gaga sent me screenshots of Dope, Gypsy and ARTPOP randomly last weekend and was like "how have I never heard these?!?!" so I sent her the petition. 

Her being signed with them doesn’t mean anything, lmao. She’s not under contract to speak only positively about about her label, and there have been times in the past where she’s voiced issues with them, so your logic isn’t tracking. There wasn’t a problem with the rollout, unless you count being ditched by your manager and the complete breakdown of your inner circle and the artist themselves vanishing mid-campaign as a problem with the rollout. Despite the negative press and backlash, the album and tour were still both a success.

ArtpopAct2
1 minute ago, PEZ said:

I have not yet signed the petition either (as when I first read it, it had the aggressive/demanding tone quoted above, and I didn't realize it's been changed since) and I can understand now why mods/admins were holding back on it as well.

Was that communicated well on all the threads that were closed here, though? Or were they closed wordlessly? Honestly they disappeared so fast that I don't know if things were communicated well to OPs/posters about why it was happening. (Though yes there would have still been some people acting out regardless of what was communicated, but I think not as many?)

Anyway, I figured DJWS knew Gaga's feelings about all this better than any of us randoms on here, so once he kicked things into a higher gear, I figured he knew Gaga wouldn't be irked or depressed by it. Anyway thanks for addressing this y'all!

Yeah I was also thinking this about DJWS. He supported this from the beginning. If he thought it’d bother gaga that much, I don’t think he would’ve?

HIM820
1 minute ago, PropaGaga said:

Her being signed with them doesn’t mean anything, lmao. She’s not under contract to speak only positively about about her label, and there have been times in the past where she’s voiced problems with them, so your logic isn’t tracking. There wasn’t a problem with the rollout, unless you count being ditched by your manager and the complete breakdown of your inner circle and the artist themselves vanishing mid-campaign as a problem with the rollout.

whoa I am really not trying to cause a debate on this because I don't see where the argument is. Like I said I am sure she has a great relationship with the label, but they DID drop the ball on this specific album. I don't know how that's even up for debate. If an album is not as successful as the two preceding it- yes it can have to do with the literal content or artist. But as we have seen from the years that have passed, this is less of a content issue and more of a connection problem with the GP. The marketing and A&R team assigned to her at Interscope messed this part up IMO. Yes she lost all of her most personal inner team, which would be devastating and even I would feel extremely vulnerable, but once that occurred I don't think they did enough to facilitate the energy to keep it moving. That's just my personal opinion and I don't think it will change. 

beaublue
1 hour ago, HIM820 said:

I thought we weren't "demanding music" from Gaga but more so showing her and Interscope that it would be something we would all really enjoy and love...

No you’re right, we weren’t demanding it lmao admin drew his own conclusions clearly

HIM820
Just now, lestyoufall said:

No you’re right, we weren’t demanding it lmao admin drew his own conclusions clearly

I think most of us signed after the wording was changed but if you look above, the original wording was a bit pushy :interestinga:

beaublue
Just now, HIM820 said:

I think most of us signed after the wording was changed but if you look above, the original wording was a bit pushy :interestinga:

I didn’t even read it, I signed it just to show support & prove to Gaga that ARTPOP wasn’t a failure like people said. If we could show there was an actual market for Act II then she & interscope might decide the release would be worth it. Idk what anyone else’s intentions were but most people I’ve seen supporting the petition had my same sentiments.

Archived