Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
general

Did Marina plagiarize Natalia Oreiro?

rinasawachanta

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown

Well then Natalia was plagiarizing Bettie Page and her aesthetic by your logic.

im assuming you needed to do some stretches before your workout so it’s cool 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ObezyankaNol
17 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

Tristísimo que estés aprendiendo sobre nuestra historia como país literalmente a través de un sitio yanqui como este. Me parece terrible que sigan sosteniendo la idea de que los argentinos "bajamos de los barcos" y que tenemos mucho más que ver con Europa que con el resto de Latinoamérica. Ese argumento es sólo una forma más de perpetuar los efectos devastadores del genocidio sobre nuestra población originaria, al negar que al día de hoy existen muchísimas comunidades originarias (así como también personas afrodescendientes) que habitan el territorio. 

Se muy bien la historia de nuestro país, literalmente remarqué la parte del genocidio cometido contra las comunidades originarias y las personas afrodescendientes, pero eso no quita que nuestra que nuestra cultura esté altamente influenciada por Europa :bear:

No estoy negando que hay comunidades habitando hoy en día, pero si nos comparamos con otros paises latinoamericanos somos los que menos costumbres originarias mantuvimos a través del tiempo. :shrug:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

melon
2 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

Natalia's song doesn't talk about being a femme fatale. I recommend you listen to the song or read the translated lyrics. Not all Latin women sing about being sex bombs...

I have read the lyrics and watched the video thanks :) 

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough earlier but Natalia’s video clearly references spy films like Charlie’s Angels aka femme fatale characters - this is obvious for anyone to see no?

Lyrics-wise, I have no idea how you think I’m trying to group Latin women together as singing about being sex bombs (unless you are just trolling to get a hit thread? in which case that’s disappointing given I have actually tried to answer your question seriously). My point stands about Marina’s song being completely different, it’s about the planet and society rather than a poisoned love.  

heauxmatica

beaublue
6 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

Oh, Marina doesn't think the same :oops:

Actually no, that isn’t. Marina said this about the FROOT photoshoot concept/imagery, not about a hairstyle or outfit. The imagery for Purge the Poison has no relation to whoever the random woman you’re claiming Marina’s plagiarizing. This is completely taken out of context.

rinasawachanta
5 minutes ago, melon said:

I have read the lyrics and watched the video thanks :) 

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough earlier but Natalia’s video clearly references spy films like Charlie’s Angels aka femme fatale characters - this is obvious for anyone to see no?

Lyrics-wise, I have no idea how you think I’m trying to group Latin women together as singing about being sex bombs (unless you are just trolling to get a hit thread? in which case that’s disappointing given I have actually tried to answer your question seriously). My point stands about Marina’s song being completely different, it’s about the planet and society rather than a poisoned love.  

I had misunderstood your answer. I apologize.

rinasawachanta
Guillaume Hamon

rinasawachanta
1 minute ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

As often nowadays. Folks jump to conclusions over light similarities and some journalists give impact to it cause they're starving for a headline.

peut être

spector
On 4/13/2021 at 11:00 PM, rinasawachanta said:

No one is going after Marina for this. I love Marina and actually like her better than Natalia Oreiro, but I felt it was a way to do justice to Natalia's artistic integrity to mark this resemblance or coincidence. Is it wrong to mark a resemblance in a forum meant to literally discuss pop music? I ask you to please go to Marina's instagram comments, you will be surprised with the repercussion this whole thing had.

4 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

the last one, I promise :ally:

woman, poison, snake, hair (snake-hair). that's medusa from greek mythology. marina is of greek origin. the album title is ancient dreams in a modern land. the song, "purge the poison" is a feminist/environmentalist anthem. yes, the resemblance between marina and natalia is there. however, if there is anything to be argued, it's that natalia's reference was medusa. i understand the point you're trying to make, and some were were harsh toward you, but taking the broader cultural contexts into account, your claim cannot really be substantiated. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JazzGa
On 4/13/2021 at 4:08 PM, spector said:

i wouldn’t say it’s a novel phenomenon, tho: the ideal of originality is rooted in romanticism, envisioning the artist as a sublime super-being (i.e., a god-like figure) whose path to creativity is via suffering and solitude. in other words, artist and originality were perceived as a fully hermetic circle (artistic “hell”) that’s unpenetrable to the “average” human. those that studied cultural/literary theory know that one of the tenets of the postmodern ethos was to do away with these ideals (artist-god, creativity as pain, true originality). we’re still catching up to the radical perspectives of the ‘60s/‘70s, however, both within artistic and gender discourses, as is evident almost “everywhere” (in the western world). gen z is closer than ever to finally shift the modernist paradigm, i feel, and that’s great because new lines of thinking will filter through them into broader cultural spheres, and, then, in a few decades, will be solidified in the educational systems. :nick:

ot: marina is just paying homage.

Whew whatta comment :giveup: My IQ grew 10 points :giveup: Thanks for posting sis, you brought education + perspective

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived