Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
general

Did Marina plagiarize Natalia Oreiro?

rinasawachanta

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Girl no that's Betty Page 

22BETTE-superJumbo-v2.jpg

I really can't stand stupid threads from people that don't know anything about pop culture.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rinasawachanta
12 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Girl no that's Betty Page 

22BETTE-superJumbo-v2.jpg

I really can't stand stupid threads from people that don't know anything about pop culture.

Haha don't make me laugh. Obviously Betty Page's haircut is iconic, but don't you find it striking to use it as the main aesthetic of a single that literally references "poison" as the main theme? Also, I love the idea of assuming that "pop culture" only includes Yankee cultural productions, and that nothing that happens in the rest of the globe has any relevance, impact or potential. I really feel sorry for you and your colonized mind.

JusKeepBreathin
29 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

Haha don't make me laugh. Obviously Betty Page's haircut is iconic, but don't you find it striking to use it as the main aesthetic of a single that literally references "poison" as the main theme? Also, I love the idea of assuming that "popular culture" only includes Yankee cultural productions, and that nothing that happens in the rest of the globe has any relevance, impact or potential. I really feel sorry for you and your colonized mind.

Lol now I'm a racist because of your reach. Girl please. I know who Susana Gimenez is. I don't have any idea who that bitch you're touting is.  Colonized:ladyhaha:

origin.jpg?w=1200&h=1000&fit=crop&crop=f

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

La Veneno 

Colonized my latin ass. Here's a REAL pop culture icon. 

ObezyankaNol

Ngl when I saw the cover I thought of Natalia Oreiro. 

Even the aesthetic is similar, but does Marina know Natalia? I know she is big in Eastern Europe but... :bear:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

HausOfAntonio

Thats hairstyle’s been around for AGES sis :ladyhaha: Its dark lady bad bitch witch dominatrix 101... A reach. 

I just can’t imagine Marina coming this far in her career with zero plagiarism only to start now. Plagiarists aren’t artists and have no respect for art. Marina is an original artist. This is most definitely a coincidence and I would say even a little bit of a reach. How many pop girls had blonde hair and wore latex in the past decade?

Tiny Purse

It's kind of wild how the age of internet and social media has created this weird standard of "complete originality" when all art is inspired by other art. 

rinasawachanta
2 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Lol now I'm a racist because of your reach. Girl please. I know who Susana Gimenez is I don't have any idea who that bitch you're touting is.  Colonized:ladyhaha:

Well... who doesn't know about pop culture now?

rinasawachanta
2 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

La Veneno 

Colonized my latin ass. Here's a REAL pop culture icon. 

Yeah, colonized, because Veneno wasn't even latina, she was from Spain lmao. Y'all always confusing spanish and latin cultures, it's the same as saying british and american culture are the same. And let me guess... you found about la Veneno after watching the series in HBO, right? Says something about how you learn about non-american icons...

Tiny Purse

This also really reminds of when during Born This Way, Die Antwoord accused Gaga of stealing her look cause of the undercut bang thing on the album cover. Which was ridiculous...

melon

short answer: no

long answer: no definitely not

it could be an homage potentially but it’s not a distinct image or unique look, as pointed out many women in music and film have had similar looks. 

the song is nothing like that other one either, it’s about purging the poison from public discourse and how we treat the planet not some femme fatale type thing

heauxmatica

Archived