💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
general

Did Marina plagiarize Natalia Oreiro?

rinasawachanta

Featured Posts

Born This Way

I think it's just a reference/inspiration.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
killme89

Off topic but OMG I was obsessed with this song as a kid , NEVER thought I’d see that video posted here haha 

rinasawachanta
6 minutes ago, melon said:

short answer: no

long answer: no definitely not

it could be an homage potentially but it’s not a distinct image or unique look, as pointed out many women in music and film have had similar looks. 

the song is nothing like that other one either, it’s about purging the poison from public discourse and how we treat the planet not some femme fatale type thing

Natalia's song doesn't talk about being a femme fatale. I recommend you listen to the song or read the translated lyrics. Not all Latin women sing about being sex bombs...

rinasawachanta
4 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

I think it's just a reference/inspiration.

Thank you for answering the question posed in the post, and not jumping in defensively as if I was trying to attack Marina or something. I just felt I had to make some sort of observation about such an obvious resemblance.

River

OMG TU VE TU VENENOOOO

yes lol I immediately saw this :fan:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

weed

I think she was inspired bc there’s too many coincidences, same hair ok, kinda blurry ok, black leather ok, but poison in the title? Posting a song of the same title?

spector
8 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

It's kind of wild how the age of internet and social media has created this weird standard of "complete originality" when all art is inspired by other art. 

i wouldn’t say it’s a novel phenomenon, tho: the ideal of originality is rooted in romanticism, envisioning the artist as a sublime super-being (i.e., a god-like figure) whose path to creativity is via suffering and solitude. in other words, artist and originality were perceived as a fully hermetic circle (artistic “hell”) that’s unpenetrable to the “average” human. those that studied cultural/literary theory know that one of the tenets of the postmodern ethos was to do away with these ideals (artist-god, creativity as pain, true originality). we’re still catching up to the radical perspectives of the ‘60s/‘70s, however, both within artistic and gender discourses, as is evident almost “everywhere” (in the western world). gen z is closer than ever to finally shift the modernist paradigm, i feel, and that’s great because new lines of thinking will filter through them into broader cultural spheres, and, then, in a few decades, will be solidified in the educational systems. :nick:

ot: marina is just paying homage.

stella + elliot = stelliot

JusKeepBreathin
27 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

Yeah, colonized, because Veneno wasn't even latina, she was from Spain lmao. Y'all always confusing spanish and latin cultures, it's the same as saying british and american culture are the same. And let me guess... you found about la Veneno after watching the series in HBO, right? Says something about how you learn about non-american icons...

Gurl your reach is out of control. Women have been associated with poison for years. There is many songs about it. Even Dior has a perfume about it. Why would Marina know an obscure reference from 22 years ago in Argentina? It make more sense the she is paying homage to Bettie Page and put a twist on an extremely common English saying, "pick your poison."

Stop trying so hard it's embarrassing. I think your a little crazy. 

All's let's not pretend the Argentina is a typical latin country.

They killed almost every black person in Argentina through genocide and native south american as well. They are the most connected to Italy and Spain. They are NOT typical latinos. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

rinasawachanta
16 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Gurl your reach is out of control. Women have been associated with poison for years. There is many songs about it. Even Dior has a perfume about it. Why would Marina know an obscure reference from 22 years ago in Argentina? It make more sense the she is paying homage to Bettie Page and put a twist on an extremely common English saying, "pick your poison."

Stop trying so hard it's embarrassing. I think your a little crazy. 

They killed almost every black person in Argentina through genocide and native south american as well. They are the most connected to Italy and Spain. They are NOT typical latinos. 

Girl... a little crazy? you and your ableist ass can go and read a book about argentinian colonial history because you're embarrassing yourself.

rinasawachanta

JUST TO CLARIFY:
I'm not against inspiration, I recognize that every artist relies on the previous efforts of another artist, necessarily. I'm just pointing out that Marina is incurring in the same thing she criticized when that "conflict" with Charlie XCX happened. And on the other hand, pointing out that it would be nice for Marina to give credit to an artist who, once again, is not a world-renowned icon, but a minor artist whose work is not widely known.

ObezyankaNol
27 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

tumblr_pgpgqcy8O91rz4w03_540.gif

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

rinasawachanta

Oh and another thing: literally the THIRD COMMENT WITH THE MOST LIKES on the post with the single cover says the following:

nickyvukovic Serving Natalia Oreiro "Tu veneno" realness ❤️🔥

20 h 457 Me gusta

Think what you will, but I'm not going to allow you to call me "crazy" for flagging something that is so obvious and was observed by so many others.

rinasawachanta
3 minutes ago, ObezyankaNol said:

tumblr_pgpgqcy8O91rz4w03_540.gif

Tristísimo que estés aprendiendo sobre nuestra historia como país literalmente a través de un sitio yanqui como este. Me parece terrible que sigan sosteniendo la idea de que los argentinos "bajamos de los barcos" y que tenemos mucho más que ver con Europa que con el resto de Latinoamérica. Ese argumento es sólo una forma más de perpetuar los efectos devastadores del genocidio sobre nuestra población originaria, al negar que al día de hoy existen muchísimas comunidades originarias (así como también personas afrodescendientes) que habitan el territorio. 

Living

The irony of Gaga fans going after Marina for this 😅

Just wait until you Google ‘Madonna’ 

rinasawachanta
3 minutes ago, Living said:

The irony of Gaga fans going after Marina for this 😅

Just wait until you Google ‘Madonna’ 

No one is going after Marina for this. I love Marina and actually like her better than Natalia Oreiro, but I felt it was a way to do justice to Natalia's artistic integrity to mark this resemblance or coincidence. Is it wrong to mark a resemblance in a forum meant to literally discuss pop music? I ask you to please go to Marina's instagram comments, you will be surprised with the repercussion this whole thing had.

Archived