HausOfAntonio

ARTPOP: Did you always know?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Did you LOVE ARTPOP immediately?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio

When ARTPOP was released, did you immediately recognise its impact, potential, successful experimentation and superior quality? Or did it make you bandwagon out of the fandom for a while?

Where you part of the elite team that quaked with every teaser we got, asked to go the the bathroom in class to listen to the Venus snippets, penciled in a slot on your schedule to watch performances and leave STUPEFIED every time?

Did you recognise from the get go the supreme level of achievement that Gaga delivered in pop as we had never seen before?

Did the tippy-top tier choruses of Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE stir your fragile soul from the beginning? Did the TRIICONIC bridges of GUY, MJH, Gypsy and Fashion! scalp you alive? Did ARTPOP and DWUW (solo) make you transcend? Did the audacity of JnD and Swine leave you baffled and wanting more at the same time? Were you shocked when IWBWU turned into Dope and ended up being one of the best and most gruellingly honest ballads of all time? Do you remember the moment of collective COLLAPSE when our gay ears hers Ga scream “DONATELLA!!!” triumphantly for the first time and had no idea how you would ever recover?

Did all of the above leave you so forever changed you had no choice but to give Ga the Applause she lives for?

If you are a part of this intellectual avant garde, assert your superiority! If not, let us know why and repent by buying at LEAST two copies on iTunes TODAY! :kiss:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
Just now, Chromatography said:

yes i did, i loved all of it (sans JnD) 

Surely not the triconic song that birthed the trap pop trend as we know it today? :oprah:

Gagaism

Applause is the single that caused a major impact on me on my first listen, so do is the album. It’s literally my favorite. 

imnotyourbabe10

Loved it from the get go!  Experimental, rad, queer, a big FU to the industry, etc.  The SXSW Swine performance is my favorite example of her performance art.  The fashion from that era was remarkable.   Revolutionized my thinking about music and life.  And I am a JnD fan, for sure!

warhol killer

Yes. I always played the album from start to finish and imagine visuals while listening to it. I always said that Born This Way was my favorite album, but recently I think ARTPOP is snatching the no. 1 spot on my favorite album of hers.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

littlepotter

I was 14, so I didn't really consider the possibility of it being anything short of amazing.

chaeri pls

SharkmanthaC

I didn’t become a stan until ASIB but have always considered ARTPOP a masterpiece since I listened to it. 

she/her/hers

Living

No, and I still don’t. 

I get where she is coming from, almost like a last bang in her 20s but for me, I couldn’t relate to the music. 

I even brought Artrave tickets and decided not to go on the day. (Should have gone tho, Joanne and Chromatica both canned 😭)

Im glad people love it, and I love the community building around Act 2... but it’s just not for me. 

Contrapoints

It's literally everything I ever wanted Gaga to do in an album until she did it again with Chromatica

Joshie S

Yes. I was 18 and I knew that the world wasn't ready.

My first tattoo was even inspired by ARTPOP. 

A musical note with the words "the melody that you choose can rescue you"

That music rescued me, and still does to this day. I'm glad the world is finally catching up.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

KindnessPunk

I’ll never forget when she teased the songs at the rehearsals for the iTunes concert :firega:

homomart

Gaga was always background music in my childhood but I started listening to more of her music after I came out a few years ago. I became really invested in ARTPOP, not only the album but the context behind everything that went into it just fascinated me and it's been my favorite album since

𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝕸𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 sent me

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, homomart said:

Gaga was always background music in my childhood but I started listening to more of her music after I came out a few years ago. I became really invested in ARTPOP, not only the album but the context behind everything that went into it just fascinated me and it's been my favorite album since

YES! THIS! I honoured that by writing my university thesis on Gaga and talked heavily about everything I thought about ARTPOP through the years :firega:

Archived