HausOfAntonio

ARTPOP: Did you always know?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Did you LOVE ARTPOP immediately?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

G U C C I

Honestly I became a huge fan with The Fame/Fame Monster and I liked Born This Way a lot but wasn't super in love with it like I am today. ARTPOP was an album that I just hated when it dropped and more than anything I was so put off by Gaga and her behavior at the time. She gave me such anxiety that something was really wrong with her that I never really gave the album a real chance. After Joanne I revisited the album along with Born This Way and I have to say I really like it.

Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, and ARTPOP are amazing and the production is incredible how they all sound different but also belong together. Swine took a while to grow on me but I would actually place it pretty high in her overall discography. Gypsy & Dope acoustic versions are incredible and the lyricism of Dope is god tier to me. Applause along with the video are pieces of art and deserve to be studied in art/music history classes. 

However, sometimes (just for me personally) I think Gaga has the worst taste in her own music at times. She made a truly experimental album that is mostly fantastic but then added the tracks Jewels N Drugs, Fashion!, and Donatella. Plus as much as DWUW is an amazing song, the fact that R. Kelly is featured freaks me out. 

I read a fan theory on here once that was AMAZING and I secretly tell myself its true but could probably never be revealed by her because people would loose their f*cking minds. It stated that she intentionally featured R. Kelly on a song with that subject matter because males in the industry do whatever they want with females and nothing is ever done to stop it. Almost as a f*ck you to the music industry for how they treat women by having a known perp on the song. I don't know why but that is so intense to me if it was actually true. But then there are all the interviews she gave talking about him and taking up for him so I highly doubt that was the case.

Anyway just my personal thoughts and no need to sad react to me @HausOfAntonio :huntyga:

EDIT: also I would LOVE a remix album with new material of ARTPOP more than a remix album of Chromatica any day! ARTPOP ACT II would have better production for me than the entirety of Chromatica minus one or two songs. DJWS production style >>>>>>> Anything I have literally ever heard from Bloodpop, HANA, Grimes, etc. Burns did an incredible job with Replay and I was not shocked at all to learn it was produced just by him. He is a great producer for Gaga as well. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio
1 minute ago, G U C C I said:

Honestly I became a huge fan with The Fame/Fame Monster and I liked Born This Way a lot but wasn't super in love with it like I am today. ARTPOP was an album that I just hated when it dropped and more than anything I was so put off by Gaga and that her behavior gave me such anxiety that something was really wrong with her that I never really gave the album a real chance. After Joanne I revisited the album along with Born This Way and I have to say I really like it.

Aura, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, and ARTPOP are amazing and the production is incredible how they all sound different but also belong together. Swine took a while to grow on me but I would actually place it pretty high in her overall discography. Gypsy & Dope acoustic versions are incredible and the lyricism of Dope is god tier to me. Applause along with the video are pieces of art and deserve to be studied in art/music history classes. 

However, sometimes (just for me personally) I think Gaga has the worst taste in her own music at times. She made a truly experimental album that is mostly fantastic but then added the tracks Jewels N Drugs, Fashion!, and Donatella. Plus as much as DWUW is an amazing song, the fact that R. Kelly is featured freaks me out. 

I read a fan theory on here once that was AMAZING and I secretly tell myself its true but could probably never be revealed by her because people would loose their f*cking minds. It stated that she intentionally featured R. Kelly on a song with that subject matter because males in the industry do whatever they want with females and nothing is ever done to stop it. Almost as a f*ck you to the music industry for how they treat women by having a known perp on the song. I don't know why but that is so intense to me if it was actually true. But then there are all the interviews she gave talking about him and taking up for him so I highly doubt that was the case.

Anyway just my personal thoughts and no need to sad react to me @HausOfAntonio :huntyga:

I won’t sad react girlie but pay your penance and buy your two copies! :kiss:

G U C C I
3 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I did actually buy it again on iTunes this week because my old account now belongs to my ex :fatcat:

Mister G

With the exception of maybe 2 songs (JnD and Dope) I had ARTPOP on a loop for a good year.

homomart
2 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

YES! THIS! I honoured that by writing my university thesis on Gaga and talked heavily about everything I thought about ARTPOP through the years :firega:

Oh wow that's so cool! I always try to inject some Gaga into any academic writing I can lol

𝕾𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 sent me

Cybikitty

the ARTPOP era was such a magical experience for me :fatcat: i've been a fan since the fame & the first ever time i saw her live was at swinefest and it just made me fall in love with those tracks instantly (i'm still salty that IWBWY got changed to dope though, forever salty). artRAVE was the second time seeing her (& hopefully not last time... cmon chromatica ball) and even though i was seated and waaaay back from the stage, it was such a beautiful thing to experience those songs live again :heart: 

around that age i was getting into 90s/00s/early 10s EDM too so to hear these genres from my favourite artist was the cherry on top :kara:,

TF/TFM will always be my favourites for genuinely changing my life but ARTPOP will forever have a special place in my heart for what the era meant for me :fatcat::heart:

JustTea

Overall yes, DWUW and Applause were the gems I had on loop all the time! Many other tracks grew on me later on. :legend:

Agunimon
23 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

You sad reacted to me but joke is on you because I have the physical copy and the iTunes version since release. :cryga:

Wet Fire

I failed an exam because I couldn't concentrate on studies during the Venus snippets and song releases. :flop:

Glamourpuss

I really disliked it when it was released and it's still my least favorite album. What's funny though is that a few days before there was any buzz about it I was listening to some songs again and found myself appreciating them more now than any time over the last 7 years. 

RAMROD

Yes, I always been adamant defender for ARTPOP and Joanne. And I didn't do it to spite the haters, but out of genuine appreciation. I always hinted to them that they might not get the album now, but they will in few years time. Each of us got different time span and experience of the journey, some arrives early and got it quickly, some took longer times.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Archived