HEAVY METAL LOVER (LYRIC VIDEO)

society

U.S. pauses J&J Vax over rare blood clot cases

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Oh look, another week another egg to the face for the CDC. And people say we are supposed to "trust" them.  :yennefer: God only knows what other ailments these vaccines will cause in six months time. 

You cant come for the CDC when they approved birth control pills that can have a higher risk of blood clots than booth AZ and J&J

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StarstruckIllusion

• Miss Dolly

• Mister G

• Franch Toast

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6 out of 6.8 MILLION?! Why don't we just lock ourselves up at home for the rest of our lives cause everything else is too risky?

First AstraZeneca and now this… This ain’t good…  6/6,800,000 doses have caused blood clots exclusively in women aged 18 - 49, six to thirteen days after getting the vaccine.  Before y’all f

Think again bc you’re over twice as more likely to be struck my lightning than to get a blood clot from J&J…

Living
36 minutes ago, tomsches said:

6 out of 6.8 MILLION?!

Why don't we just lock ourselves up at home for the rest of our lives cause everything else is too risky?

I think it’s overboard BUT it’s important to watch closely how this is happening. We don’t know if it will become more common in people who have already had the shots. 

as always, questioning a vaccine doesn’t make you ant-vax. You should always questions what putting in your body, including what you are eating and drinking. 

imnotyourbabe10

I'm definitely hesitant with vaccines, but I'm trusting the science.  Have had both Pfizer doses and feel confident in them -- expect for the long-term side effects since we don't have a ton of longitudinal data.

My mom got J&J and I know two other people scheduled to get it this week.  Just hope this doesn't create more doubt about the scientific process.  We already are in the age of conspiracy theories.

• Like 2
Mister G

I had the J&J shot over the weekend. Guess we'll see what happens, but I'll take my chances with a vaccine versus the real deal of COVID.

• Like 1
HuffsAhoy
50 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

You cant come for the CDC when they approved birth control pills that can have a higher risk of blood clots than booth AZ and J&J

I guess we will see in a few months :ohwell: 

Rain on Me
rpggal

It's really sad that we live in a society where large swaths of people seem incapable of understanding basic statistical concepts like relative risk, and basic pragmatic concepts like risk-benefit analysis. Relative to getting covid-19 (which, if we don't reach herd immunity by the overwhelming majority of people getting vaccinated, you most likely eventually will), this vaccine significantly LOWERS your risk of blood clots. If you are particularly concerned about blood clots, you should be MORE willing to take the vaccine, not less. It would be like not taking birth control because it increases your risk of blood clots, when getting pregnant would put you at a much, much higher risk of the exact same thing. Or being told that door #1 has a 50% chance of winning and door #2 has a 1/100 chance of winning and picking door #2. It's literally just a basic failure to understand data and statistics being couched as "legitimate concerns."

• Thanks 2
Franch Toast

I just want to remind y'all that you have a greater chance of contracting Covid than blood clots from the J&J or Astra, and that if you do contract Covid, you can get blood clots. One of my fitness instructors developed blood clots in her lungs from Covid. 

Also, this primarily seems to be in cisgender women. A reminder that these trials really need to do more breakdowns by biological sex. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 1
ceminay

It’s an extremely low chance, and seems to be females under 50 who are affected.

I am shocked at how people, even those who you think are educated, don’t read anything carefully and do not understand the concept of probability. The FDA is ideally doing the right thing, but they are not aware of how the average person thinks, they may have just ruined the reputation of the vaccines. Just like the CDC, there is a huge gap between what the GP understands about science and what scientists do. There really needs to be more sociologists involved with the decision making of these organizations because a lot of disinformation and skepticism is caused by their decision making.

They could have temporarily suspended the vaccine for females just for that age group until they are done investigating imo.

Edited by ceminay
reysus

kind of ridiculous that young women are given birth control like it's nothing, yet some people are starting to lose their minds over this really low risk. 

also this is the same country that got like half of rural america hooked on opiates :reductive:

Stupid Oreo

do we need to wear helmets to not get hit by an asteroid? :bear:

Operation: kill the oreo bitch
alsemanche
7 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

do we need to wear helmets to not get hit by an asteroid? :bear:

Make sure they're not metal to avoid getting hit by lightning too :neyde:

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • LMAO 1
Economy
2 hours ago, tomsches said:

6 out of 6.8 MILLION?!

Why don't we just lock ourselves up at home for the rest of our lives cause everything else is too risky?

Nothing in society is ever held in proper perspective anymore :toofunny:

Angelina Stefania

More nonsense. As a virus, covid attacks by causing blood clots in the lungs, the vaccines contain small amounts of covid in order to create neutralizing antibodies to fight it, blood clots should be expected in some people. And other side effects as they call it are standard with most vaccines, headaches, dizziness, etc. And there is failure to mention if those showing side effects have preexisting health conditions or allergies, the companies warned those with allergies need to exercise caution with the vaccine, and they even warned those administering vaccine doses need to have doctors, resuscitating equipment etc on standby in case someone does suffer reactions.