Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Revisiting, and re-listening to ARTPOP 8 years later

BabylonChristmas

Featured Posts

BabylonChristmas

I haven't listened to ARTPOP in full since 2015 to 2016. I was at a dark point in my life where I didn't care about what was going on with me. I wanted to escape reality at any chance I got. However, I listened to ARTPOP all the way through, since I haven't done that in years, and I can honestly say that it helps me spiritually, and emotionally. I didn't give it the recognition, the love, or the applause that it truly deserved. There are a few songs that I had to skip because it reminded me so much of my past. I love ARTPOP with all my heart like I do with Chromatica, The Fame, and Born This Way. It's been a long time coming, whew :selena: I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me.

When I was young, I prayed for lightning 🎧

SerbianChromatican

You freed your mind now :kara:

F the Coca, F the pizza, all we need is shljivovitza

BabylonChristmas
Just now, SerbianChromatican said:

You freed your mind now :kara:

I had to do that, or else I would have been stuck in my mind again :heart:

BabylonChristmas

ARTPOP has indeed freed my mind, and I don't have enough words to express my gratitude, and thankfulness.

LilyLark

I'm glad you are in a better place!

It's really amazing how much music, movies, art, etc. can help our mental health. It's like a rush of serotonin.

BabylonChristmas
55 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I'm glad you are in a better place!

It's really amazing how much music, movies, art, etc. can help our mental health. It's like a rush of serotonin.

I agree! Music helps us out more than we seem to realize. It took 6 years of me being in my own head to even give ARTPOP a second chance, and I'm glad I did.

A MESS

there is a way I think ARTPOP and Chromatica are related in scope, but not in language...they are the trauma and the freedom from it, and I'm genuinely happy that you had the ability to free your mind <3

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

flyaway

I blasted this album back when it was released. Such an amazing record. 

I still listen to some songs on a regular basis. It has some of Gaga's best performances. 

She really did that! Hope the act II get released one day. 

QueenChromatix

Applause did not aged well, GUY did. pERIODt

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

BabylonChristmas
52 minutes ago, milam said:

there is a way I think ARTPOP and Chromatica are related in scope, but not in language...they are the trauma and the freedom from it, and I'm genuinely happy that you had the ability to free your mind <3

Agreed. ARTPOP expresses Gaga's pain, and Chromatica expresses Gaga's healing from that pain. :heart: I'm glad I did too. I'm actually listening to it on repeat right now, lol

Archived