💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ARTPOP cover included in new book published by Rizzoli

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Rizzoli have published a new book which features the most iconic album covers of the 40 years and ARTPOP is included there! The book is called ‘Art Sleeves: Album Covers by Artists.’

81ws-ltYfPL.jpg

Art Sleeves is a time capsule of visual art and music culture as shown through the most important record covers designed by visual artists and graphic designers in the past forty years. This tightly curated collection of covers chosen includes works with significant cultural impact as well as collaborations that themselves created cultural fascination. The eclectic roster of visual artist-musician collaborations presented spans art and musical genres as well as generations, including Ryan McGinley for Sigur Ros, Kara Walker for Arto Lindsay, Peter Saville for Joy Division, Barbara Kruger for Growing Up Skipper, Jeff Koons for Lady Gaga, Tauba Auerbach for Glasser, and Stanley Donwood for Radiohead, to name a few. From postmodernist paintings and minimalism to collage and photography, as well as New Wave, emo, pop, and punk, the albums chosen present a bright and rich visual and cultural history. This inspiring volume celebrates this long creative tradition of visual artist-musician collaborations and, just like a perfect album, it will be treasured by art, music, and record lovers alike.

Besides ARTPOP, they also included M3LL155X by FKA twigs

Lady-Gaga-Artpop-cover.jpgEyu1Rt8W8AMbLIl?format=jpg&name=medium

SerbianChromatican

As they should! :vegas::firega:

F the Coca, F the pizza, all we need is shljivovitza

Angelina Stefania

No Born This Way though? For shame! 

No Joanne or Fame Monster either? Shows how much they know. 

It’s so crazy how Gaga has been around 13 years and all of her projects are so iconic...

She’s shown so much versatility in her work yet somehow still under appreciated by the GP and even her fan base at times. 

I’d love for her to look back over her eras and albums one day to see how she feels about them now as she is just fascinating and interesting both as an artist and person. 

tylerjs

Such an outstanding cover! One of my favorites. Too bad more people don’t appreciate it :noparty:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

HuffsAhoy

Even though I don't really care for the album, I cannot deny the cover is simply stunning. :giveup:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

elijahfan

I'm not sure this book is about the most iconic album covers of all time, but rather album covers made by notorious artists. It's not quite the same.

HotLikeMexico
5 hours ago, Angelina Stefania said:

No Born This Way though? For shame! 

No Joanne or Fame Monster either? Shows how much they know. 

Born this Way, possibly?
I can see why Joanne or The Fame Monster aren’t in here. The description is about graphic/visual artists and musicians involvements in these album covers. I don’t think those three have that involvement  

Based off this, Koons might be the only artist involved in any cover Gaga has done. 

Chlorine Sevigny
2 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

It aged so badly..

It was born ugly tbh.

The sculpture is beautiful and is enough to make a great cover. The graphic design though. :triggered:

Chlorine Sevigny

What a fantastic book concept though, I want it. And it's affordable price too. 

Butters Stotch
2 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

It aged so badly..

It's the background what made it age kinda badly, in my opinion. The fact that they used pictures of a painting and an sculpture sounds amateur to me. I bet they could've done something better. The idea of the Boticelli Venus is beautiful, I can see it being used like in the Applause video.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

FfFfFfFF
6 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I'm not sure this book is about the most iconic album covers of all time, but rather album covers made by notorious artists. It's not quite the same.

It's in the OP

This tightly curated collection of covers chosen includes works with significant cultural impact as well as collaborations that themselves created cultural fascination. 

Archived