💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

MARINA - Purge The Poison (feat. P𝚞ssy Riot)

ARTPOPe

Featured Posts

Emigrante

Lol what is that sh1tstorm. It's just a simple song commenting on situations going on. Instead of dragging her you could appreciate the effort. It's not that deep. 😂😂😂

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Esme Squalor
1 minute ago, Chic said:

I dunno, it just comes across that she’s deriding humans as a whole for this and celebrating her and her LA witch crew for healing the earth’s damage despite the fact she’s likely caused more harm to it than most of the people listening

I hate the whole anti-human, self-righteous club that seems to be developing

I agree with you that the song is pretty unclear, I actually have some issues with the lyrics as well. Overall though I think she's trying to promote ecofeminism, but she talks about both feminism and environmentalism in a really surface level way that makes it easy to interpret as holier-than-thou. Maybe I'm being too charitable but I think the 'witch sisterhood' lyric was an attempt to stress the importance of connecting with other women, and more specifically encouraging women to advocate for environmentalism together.

Chic
Just now, Esme Squalor said:

I agree with you that the song is pretty unclear, I actually have some issues with the lyrics as well. Overall though I think she's trying to promote ecofeminism, but she talks about both feminism and environmentalism in a really surface level way that makes it easy to interpret as holier-than-thou. Maybe I'm being too charitable but I think the 'witch sisterhood' lyric was an attempt to stress the importance of connecting with other women, and more specifically encouraging women to advocate for environmentalism together.

I do appreciate your viewpoint on it and I think it’s a better way to look at things. I’m going to play the song again with that in mind. I 100% agree with her messages of feminism and environmentalism at their core.

Esme Squalor
5 minutes ago, Chic said:

I do appreciate your viewpoint on it and I think it’s a better way to look at things. I’m going to play the song again with that in mind. I 100% agree with her messages of feminism and environmentalism at their core.

I could be wrong but I'm staying optimistic that this album is going to be about connecting with other woman and the environment. I really disliked PTP at first but then I went back and listened to Man's World before listening to PTP again and that helped me view it in a better light.

Neopet bbq 2

I haven't liked a song from marina this much since Froot! 

19 hours ago, CheapGin said:

Thank you I appreciate this! I completely agree and the fact that I highlighted her acting within the system is honestly the least of my point-- I more so mean that the song doesn't seem to be critical as much as celebratory. Her message is reading to me that because of the current (liberal) landscape--Me Too, presumably Biden defeating Trump, acceptation of vaccinations, etc.-- proves that as a culture and as individuals we can "Purge the Poison." I think this a delusional and idealistic point of view that does more harm than good in the aforementioned current landscape. The idea that there is no longer work to be done is something that's been too quickly adopted during the Biden administration. 

I feel like its super airy because it felt like (to me) she was approaching with more of a pseudo/spiritual perspective with slight political/social commentary, talking about the feminine and ladida. I didn't get the impression that it was suggesting all is well now at all; i interpreted it as how a lot of people had revelations in 2020 about how we live and how we have been disconnected from the "feminine" = nature, creativity, etc and how women/all people gotta bind together and save the earth which is kinda a "feminine energy" thing, speaking of witches and ****. I'm curious if she'll be more critical and in depth in other songs but I think considering the whole goddess theme going on, it probably won't be.

But anyways for me it's like we didn't start the fire, it's fun and i don't care about how it may not say much lol.

CheapGin
2 minutes ago, Neopet bbq 2 said:

I haven't liked a song from marina this much since Froot! 

I feel like its super airy because it felt like (to me) she was approaching with more of a pseudo/spiritual perspective with slight political/social commentary, talking about the feminine and ladida. I didn't get the impression that it was suggesting all is well now at all; i interpreted it as how a lot of people had revelations in 2020 about how we live and how we have been disconnected from the "feminine" = nature, creativity, etc and how women/all people gotta bind together and save the earth which is kinda a "feminine energy" thing, speaking of witches and ****. I'm curious if she'll be more critical and in depth in other songs but I think considering the whole goddess theme going on, it probably won't be.

But anyways for me it's like we didn't start the fire, it's fun and i don't care about how it may not say much lol.

Froot is my favorite Marina music! Top to bottom amazing album and title track :vegas:

StressedOut

I like it, reminds me of family jewels/Electra heart Marina

The lyrics do sound like an AI took in Instagram informational/woke posts and then spit something out. But it's all good messaging so I'll just keep my mouth shut. Either way, the song bangs! :firega:

Chromatography
22 hours ago, Concertaholic said:

Let me remind you she has definitely had budget before. This video is such a gem.

her best song and video. a serve 

lol I just remembered I didn't check GGD's opinion on this song and what a mistake it was to open this thread :bear: 

The way y'all are criticizing the lyrics is so cringey, y'all love Savages, a song where she calls the whole human race rapists and liars and now we are shocked that she's blaming humanity for climate change and the COVID crisis as if it is a lie? :smh: 

SpookyKid

what is all this **** show 

The song is great

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Red said:

lol I just remembered I didn't check GGD's opinion on this song and what a mistake it was to open this thread :bear: 

The way y'all are criticizing the lyrics is so cringey, y'all love Savages, a song where she calls the whole human race rapists and liars and now we are shocked that she's blaming humanity for climate change and the COVID crisis as if it is a lie? :smh: 

It's her best song in my opinion and I love the lyrics to this and Man's World. I've been streaming Savages a lot more as well. :) 

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's her best song in my opinion and I love the lyrics to this and Man's World. I've been streaming Savages a lot more as well. :) 

I liked it a lot, but it's tied with Man's World with me. I do feel like the album has potential to be as good as FROOT.

• 2 weeks later...
ARTPOPe

Russian Punk Rock Band 'P𝚞ssy Riot' will be featured on a Purge The Poison Remix, coming soon.

3a1c06ea8f4dcf30ec3a565091348d7e.563x100

Stream The Love Invention

Agunimon
8 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

Russian Punk Rock Band 'P𝚞ssy Riot' will be featured on a Purge The Poison Remix, coming soon.

3a1c06ea8f4dcf30ec3a565091348d7e.563x100

Look Looking GIF by swerk

where does it say that

ARTPOPe
3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Look Looking GIF by swerk

where does it say that

Marina followed one of the band members, the song was updated on her YouTube Channel...

ptpr.jpg?width=726&height=586

... and I have my sources :ph34r:

Stream The Love Invention

• ARTPOPe changed the title to MARINA - Purge The Poison (feat. P𝚞ssy Riot)

Archived