💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

74th BAFTA Winners List (2021)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Ivannn

Chadwick was great in the movie and is most likely gonna win an Oscar for it but I feel this is the same thing Hollywood does everytime a young actor dies suddenly! There are more deserving actors for Oscar this year in his category! I like that BAFTA is not following Academy's patern on this one!

gypsy101
21 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

I was just mentioning how incompetent the movie is for me, from a technical point of view

was it incompetent technically? it did receive oscar noms for screenplay and editing which are technical. i’m not a film critic just someone who loves movies but it did not seem to be incompetently done.

13 minutes ago, fishinmyhair said:

Has anyone watched Nomadland? It's so boring I couldn't finish it lol. Love Frances McDormand tho

i watched it months ago when it leaked online along with Minari. found it very dull. i’ve thought of rewatching to try to get the hype.

gypsy101
6 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

Chadwick was great in the movie and is most likely gonna win an Oscar for it but I feel this is the same thing Hollywood does everytime a young actor dies suddenly! There are more deserving actors for Oscar this year in his category! I like that BAFTA is not following Academy's patern on this one!

not to fact check you or anything but there have been exactly 2 posthumous acting oscar wins and only one of them (Heath Ledger) was a young actor. he was 28, Peter Finch was 60 when he died, Chadwick was 43 which while not old is close to middle age, not exactly young

tomsches

I love that His House got some recognition. It's one of the best horror movies I've seen in a while, it's meaningful and legitimately scary, and I don't usually get scared when watching a horror movie.

Regina George

Another Round winning over Quo Vadis Aida should be considered a crime. These judges clearly didn’t even bother to watch every movie from the list. 

Mister Gaga
2 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

was it incompetent technically? it did receive oscar noms for screenplay and editing which are technical. i’m not a film critic just someone who loves movies but it did not seem to be incompetently done.

receiving oscar nominations (or an oscar on it's own) it's not a guarantee of quality on a film (nothing guarantees it, in fact :green: sometimes i think that if a movie stands the test of time...well, that's the proof). Bohemian Rhapsody received an oscar for best editing when it might be the worst edited film of all time. PRY is, imo, a movie which now a days, if snubbed, would've caused a lot of controversy because of it's topic. The nominations have nothing to do with quality (of course, sometimes quality appears there too, like last year with Parasite). Oscars are just an entertainment show, which i obviously enjoy and play, but they're not an indicator of quality. 

gypsy101
16 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

receiving oscar nominations (or an oscar on it's own) it's not a guarantee of quality on a film (nothing guarantees it, in fact :green: sometimes i think that if a movie stands the test of time...well, that's the proof). Bohemian Rhapsody received an oscar for best editing when it might be the worst edited film of all time. PRY is, imo, a movie which now a days, if snubbed, would've caused a lot of controversy because of it's topic. The nominations have nothing to do with quality (of course, sometimes quality appears there too, like last year with Parasite). Oscars are just an entertainment show, which i obviously enjoy and play, but they're not an indicator of quality. 

lol oh yeah that win did happen, that was a hot mess

i don’t understand your critique of the lack of quality of the film since it’s been doing very well at critics choice awards and i remember it being very well reviewed. what did you find lacking exactly?

Archived