• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George

Sweetener >>>>>>> Positions

and that is a HUGE difference. 

Agunimon
19 minutes ago, kewig said:

if you only listen to generic mainstream corporate cookie-cutter basic pop stop then you are banned from using the word "taste". You aren't qualified enough to talk about music taste. Gaga fans acting like music experts always makes me laugh. Y'all don't even know anything about music outside of Spotify's Top Hits playlists and some pitchfork recommendations.

9 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Did you just project a certain mold of the archetipal Gaga fan in your head according to biases and poor expectations only to use it as a point? :ladyhaha:  (Needless to say) thousand of Gaga fans DON'T listen to the same music. It's just wrong and unrealistical to think so and construct an argument around it to defend an album. Btw, Spotify Top Hits is where you'll find of all Ariana's music on.

I agree with you about the fanbase as a whole, but speaking about Gaga Daily, take a look at music recommendation or favorite song / album threads around here and 99% of the replies all the same and I'm inclined to agree with kewig because generally the people saying someone is tasteless in what they like in music usually has the most limited musical taste based on observation.

gypsy101
6 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Sweetener >>>>>>> Positions

and that is a HUGE difference. 

well yeah but that’s just because positions is so bad not cause sweetener is good

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I agree with you about the fanbase as a whole, but speaking about Gaga Daily, take a look at music recommendation or favorite song / album threads around here and 99% of the replies all the same and I'm inclined to agree with kewig because generally the people saying someone is tasteless in what they like in music usually has the most limited musical taste based on observation.

Even though popular and mainstream music are dominant, even in Gagadaily there is still a lot of variety of tastes. Some like more experimental/ art pop artists like Bjork or Kate Bush, R&B ones like Janet Jackson and Mariah etc etc.

And secondly, Ariana's music is exactly mainstream and radio-oriented which doesn't correlate with the discussion at hand, because GGD would LOVE it for this reason. 

RAMROD

Her safety ia non existent now that she didnthis. Ariantators gonna come for her

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Anveeroy
40 minutes ago, kewig said:

if you only listen to generic mainstream corporate cookie-cutter basic pop stop then you are banned from using the word "taste". You aren't qualified enough to talk about music taste. Gaga fans acting like music experts always makes me laugh. Y'all don't even know anything about music outside of Spotify's Top Hits playlists and some pitchfork recommendations.

Can someone explain this to me? :bear:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

venuspop

I'ma just say it, Sweetener is one of Ari's top 3 albums, and one of my all time favorites :neyde:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

the title track is one of the worst thing my ears have ever had the displeasure of hearing

it was torture :messga:

5 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Did you just project a certain mold of the archetipal Gaga fan in your head according to biases and poor expectations only to use it as a point? :ladyhaha:  (Needless to say) thousand of Gaga fans DON'T listen to the same music. It's just wrong and unrealistical to think so and construct an argument around it to defend an album. Btw, Spotify Top Hits is where you'll find of all Ariana's music on.

Most people who use these pop forums (ATRL, Gagadaily, Breatheheavy, FOTP etc) are HARDCORE pop music stans , they care so much about charts, "critical acclaim" (lol), certifications, statistics, pop cultural impact,  whether someone is a flop or not, they talk more about the success, marketing side of things , rather than THE SOUND or THE MUSIC. They reduce the value of an artist to the amount of #1s hits they had, or the amount of Grammys they won. It's just part of stan culture you know? I rarely see discussion purely about music on here. It's always a popularity contest. So like... Seeing people make fun of other people's music taste seems quite hypocritical when the discussions are rarely about music.

A lot of people just act like popularity and success = quality when there's absolutely no correlation whatsoever.

5 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Even though popular and mainstream music are dominant, even in Gagadaily there is still a lot of variety of tastes. Some like more experimental/ art pop artists like Bjork or Kate Bush, R&B ones like Janet Jackson and Mariah etc etc.

And secondly, Ariana's music is exactly mainstream and radio-oriented which doesn't correlate with the discussion at hand, because GGD would LOVE it for this reason. 

Bjork and Kate Bush are very mainstream and well known...

HeardASine
3 hours ago, Luk said:

the title track is one of the worst thing my ears have ever had the displeasure of hearing

it was torture :messga:

it shmacked live tho

gabeoz
5 hours ago, kewig said:

How are you going to say this... with Ari? I absolutely love her but please :sharon: she is THE mainstream popstar. People here aren't even acting like we're music experts? It's not like Ajay is Gaga's biggest fan either. In the end everyone is entitled to their opinion. You can't gatekeep music (well, you can try but youre just a total *sshole if you do). Everyone views music differently and has different tastes, its not to shame other people for. 

Archived