💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

BREAKING: 'Queer as Folk' reboot coming to NBC's Peacock network

River

Featured Posts

River

210409-queer-as-folk-mn-0915_6566b75e957bb993a63b60a37ab9cf8b.fit-2000w.jpgqaf.jpg?w=1000

The pioneering LGBTQ series “Queer as Folk” is returning to the small screen.

NBCUniversal’s streaming network Peacock announced Thursday that it had ordered a “vibrant reimagining” of the original British series. The reboot, it added, will center on a “diverse group of friends in New Orleans whose lives are transformed in the aftermath of a tragedy.” (Peacock and NBC News share the same parent company, Comcast NBCUniversal.)

The original U.K. series, created by Russell T. Davies, chronicled the lives of three gay friends living in Manchester’s gay village. It ran from 1999 to 2000 and included just 10 episodes. Davies will be an executive producer on the reboot.

An American version premiered on Showtime just a year after the British original’s debut and centered on a group of gay and lesbian friends living in Pittsburgh. That series, which addressed issues such as same-sex marriage and HIV/AIDS, ran for five seasons, ending in 2005.

The reboot was created by Stephen Dunn, who will be a writer and the executive producer of the series, and will direct the pilot. Dunn called it a “surreal honor to adapt the notoriously groundbreaking series.”

“When the show originally aired, the idea of unapologetic queer stories on TV was so provocative that I felt I could only watch ‘Queer as Folk’ in secret,” he said in a statement. “But so much has changed in the last 20 years and how wonderful would it be if the next generation didn’t have to watch ‘Queer as Folk’ alone in their dank basements with the sound muted, but with their family and friends and the volume cranked all the way to the max.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/queer-folk-reboot-coming-nbc-s-peacock-network-n1263618

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Monsieur D

OMG OMG

OMG 

OMG 

OMG 

I-

I'M CRYING.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE SERIES OF ALL TIME. 

:bradley: :bradley: 

GOD IS REAL.

EDIT: I can't stop crying, i'm not joking :bradley:

OhHenny2020
20 minutes ago, River said:

But so much has changed in the last 20 years and how wonderful would it be if the next generation didn’t have to watch ‘Queer as Folk’ alone in their dank basements with the sound muted, but with their family and friends and the volume cranked all the way to the max.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/queer-folk-reboot-coming-nbc-s-peacock-network-n1263618

I don’t know about that :bear:

EB3-F45-A6-A803-4-EDE-84-A2-565118739402

712-F52-A5-CA8-B-461-E-97-AF-F3449149-D9

ARTPOPe

Oh wow, this is exciting! :party:

"...that I felt I could only watch ‘Queer as Folk’ in secret"

Ok but this was actually teenager me, watching QaF in the middle of the night, totally paranoid and always looking if someone was coming :green:

Stream The Love Invention

Monsieur D
Just now, ARTPOPe said:

Ok but this was actually me, watching QaF in the middle of the night, totally paranoid and always looking if someone was coming :green:

I though I was the only one... it was such a stressful experience for the "young me" to watch the show :saladga:

A MESS
18 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

Ok but this was actually teenager me, watching QaF in the middle of the night, totally paranoid and always looking if someone was coming :green:

i never watched it cause it was too stressful for this same reason :cryga:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

spector
26 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

22 minutes ago, Mister D said:

I though I was the only one... it was such a stressful experience for the "young me" to watch the show :saladga:

SAME! i used to illegally download it (putting the .rar files together :toofunny:) and watch it atop my bunkbed in the middle of the night, with headphones on, and literally under the cover. every little noise made me paranoid, especially that i shared a room with my sibling. it was worth it, tho :vegas:

stella + elliot = stelliot

FrederickSpears

I watched it years ago on Logo when I would stay home from school :huntyga: My parents were at work

I would also try and watch it late at night on Showtime as well but was too paranoid because my bedroom was right enxt door to the bathroom and afraid my mom would get up in the middle of the night and hear my TV :rip: 

Prostitute Barbie

If it’s going to make me feel comfortable enough to watch it with my family then I don’t want it :ally:

FrederickSpears

I'll probably check out the reboot! I hope they cast good actors and also hot ones

skaxboy

I’ve been wanting to watch this series but with the original music. I may have to resort to streaming it or dl it. 

The Child
1 hour ago, ARTPOPe said:

1 hour ago, Mister D said:

Lmao I remember being like 14 and stressing over watching it but the thing is that I don’t even remember the plot.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

JusKeepBreathin

I can't wait. I hope they bring the original US cast back for some episodes. 

Hal Sparks is such a daddy now

halsparks4.jpg

D2hXE2tVYAAUxmX.jpg

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived