💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Song Shocked You

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

DoremonLove

Unpopular but fun tonight really shocked me in a good way. I loved it so much. It had this hauntingly sad feeling to it esp the " i stare at the girl in the mirror she stares at me too":giveup: replay was quite a surprise:giveup: also while listrning with my gf we were reading gagas explanations of the song 911 and were so shook with the whole meanig behind the song:giveup:

How can anoyone not love gaga

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreenDiamond
1 hour ago, Poltergeist said:

Sine, because since we got to know the tracklist I was sure it was going to be extremely boring

omg same I WAS NOT READY

The Z

I feel that I'm the only one who didn't like Alice at first listen, neither did I like any other song except for Replay :selena: it was the first time I actually disliked some Gaga songs, and it happened like 10 times when I first listened to the album

PartySick
3 hours ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

That outro of SFA I was literally shook and looked at my phone like this

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

This :tony:

My first listen to Chromatica was underwhelming. Unlike ARTPOP and Joanne, I didn't immediately love it. Alice was unexpected, SL and ROM were absolute bops, but then it kind of felt like I was "sitting through" it rather than listening to it after I heard how Free Woman had been taken from a unique sounding and empowering song to...whatever Bloodpop cooked up with an unnecessary dance break and "been-done-a-million-times" production. And they cut the breakdown/bridge :emma:

Like, even 911 got a ":yennefer:" from me at first. I hated Plastic Doll, almost skipped the second half of Sour Candy, Enigma and Replay were good, then Sine From Above saved it all :tony:

Now I only dislike Sour Candy. It has the honor of being the only Gaga song I've got hidden on Spotify so it doesn't ruin the mood from Plastic Doll to Enigma :diane: 

Rant: if you can have Blackpink send you vocals to slap on a beat then why tf didn't you release The Greatest Thing with Cher?! :grr: and why does it sound like Katy's song with Blackpink style? :grr: why are you only in half of it? :grr: why don't you sing together like in ROM or SFA? :grr: for all the amazing lyrics on this album, y'all have BP sing "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"?! :grr: what's next? A BTS collab with more nonsense lazy syllables in place of catchy hooks?! :grr: "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY"? :grr: Gaga is better than Sour Candy :grr: y'all want to hate Jewels n' Drugs and Hey Girl which are both superior collabs but you drool all over Sour Candy?! :grr: COME ON :grr:

🖤

Anveeroy
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

This :tony:

My first listen to Chromatica was underwhelming. Unlike ARTPOP and Joanne, I didn't immediately love it. Alice was unexpected, SL and ROM were absolute bops, but then it kind of felt like I was "sitting through" it rather than listening to it after I heard how Free Woman had been taken from a unique sounding and empowering song to...whatever Bloodpop cooked up with an unnecessary dance break and "been-done-a-million-times" production. And they cut the breakdown/bridge :emma:

Like, even 911 got a ":yennefer:" from me at first. I hated Plastic Doll, almost skipped the second half of Sour Candy, Enigma and Replay were good, then Sine From Above saved it all :tony:

Now I only dislike Sour Candy. It has the honor of being the only Gaga song I've got hidden on Spotify so it doesn't ruin the mood from Plastic Doll to Enigma :diane: 

Rant: if you can have Blackpink send you vocals to slap on a beat then why tf didn't you release The Greatest Thing with Cher?! :grr: and why does it sound like Katy's song with Blackpink style? :grr: why are you only in half of it? :grr: why don't you sing together like in ROM or SFA? :grr: for all the amazing lyrics on this album, y'all have BP sing "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"?! :grr: what's next? A BTS collab with more nonsense lazy syllables in place of catchy hooks?! :grr: "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEY"? :grr: Gaga is better than Sour Candy :grr: y'all want to hate Jewels n' Drugs and Hey Girl which are both superior collabs but you drool all over Sour Candy?! :grr: COME ON :grr:

You just didn't write this school essay! 

Spoiler

Don't ban me, Ma'am! :ally:

Spoiler

I'm a Janet stan :staymad:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Massive Monster

Plastic Doll

Killer chorus, killer vocals, killer lyrics

Replay

When that beat dropped I was like "what is going today on this day"

Sine From Above

Gave me goosebumps

Kind regards

MANiCURE 6

The chorus of Replay... I was sitted and literally stood up and jumped in a second :ladyhaha:

M i K E Y

The ending of SFA, I thought I have accidentally opened an ad but it was the damn song. The song itself is beautiful but the Outro ruined it for me.

another „shocking“ was This „oh Mamama“ in Aliced. I dunno why but I loved that part ever since I heard it 

also how FW Turnfest out after I listened to the leak and I expected Babylon HL but was surprised positive 

PartySick
6 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

You just didn't write this school essay! 

Reveal hidden contents

Don't ban me, Ma'am! :ally:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a Janet stan :staymad:

What can I say? I'm a passionate man :whitney:

🖤

lilboyblue

Free Woman made me jump out of my seat because of the clever lyrics. (Haven't heard the demo at this point) I was like YAAAAS. And also because it reminded me somehow of Braveheart by Neon Jungle.

And then Chromatica III when the Lion King-like horns (?) came in I swear it felt like I saw heaven for a good second, and then it transitioned to SFA with Elton. HER MIND, i thought. And then it ended with that beat drop. I think I cried.

lisa kudrow laughing GIF by The Comeback HBO

dubstep111

Replay because it was the one song I figured would be a filler because of the generic name but boy was I wrong. When that beat dropped omg

Quartz

SOUR CANDY. As a bona fide Kpop hater, I was so shook

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

LandonM170

Even though I listened to this on release day and wasn't a little monster or listened to any others albums I still had some surprises.

Alice: That bridge made me shook

Fun Tonight: Just wasn't expecting that sound.

911: I don't remember if I was that shook or not but I remember being surprised by that transition to 911.

Sine From Above: I remember that outro being so ****ing sick. I loved it and still do.  

Mother of Puppies

I don't get the hate for Sour Candy... rrrrr I love it... it's so sexy... Ssour candy... come come unwrap me... now I'm undressing...:lolly: and "take a bite, take a bite" and then that moaning.. uh lala :staymad:

And Babylon, to me, is my favorite song of ALL ****ing time... I'm planning on getting a tattoo of "Battle for your life" ... I have never loved a song so much in my life... :tony: :bradley: It's almost like an orgasm from 1:30 on till the end....(a short one though :huntyga:

y' know that chorus that keeps repeating itself over and over again, the choir, the sax, the bird sounds, those clapping hands, Gaga's dark sexy and cool voice, those lyrics... that "yeah yeah yeah" at the end

That's gossip... strut it out... battle for your life, Ba ba Babylon...

only critic: the album version is just too short because the song is godly :messga: I MUST see a life performance of it...

The transition from Chromatica I into Alice and Alice itself was another experience... it's my fav song of all time together with Babylon.. it's so ****ing dancy... and it has, just like Replay, that cool dark vibe to it. And I love that "Oh ma ma ma Oh ma ma ma, Oh my mother, oh my mother" :bradley: and what I love most: the instrumentals that start at about 2:00 that keep getting faster and faster until the beat drops... heavenly .... set me freeeeeee

I also LOOOOOVE Free Woman (3rd fav along with Replay) FW is sooooo fresh and cute and empowering! And when she finally sings "I'm a FREE WOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" it feels like a ****ing release!!!!! That is why they didn't do it in the 1st chorus/post-chorus.... so the 2nd time it hits HARD! (The only thing that I wish they included was the part from the demo where she goes "I want to be be be free free free forever baby...."

If she released that song, I'm sure it would be a hit, because it's very radio friendly and all the women (or anyone who identifies as such) would call this their anthem! It's a bop with a great message!

And REPLAY... OMG it's so dark and has these kind of haunting instrumentals... and those lyrics-... I was a bit shocked when she sang: you're the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me ...but I instantly LOVED it!

Am I the only one who especially loves this part:

"You had the gun
You had the guuuuuun

I don't know what to do, you don't know what to say"

Especially that "I" - the way she sang it... omg I love when she does that! That growl (is it called that way?)

Enigma: Her vocals are so POWERFUL in it... LOVE it. It's another bop!

When I read "Fun Tonight" I was like: oh great, a song about party, drinking and having fun... :ladyhaha:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Archived