💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which songs would be problematic in 2021?

flyaway

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
js4754394o9823
2 hours ago, FentyGa said:

Yeahh, this one

It's about cis man just acting like sh1t 

But sounds transphobic af xD

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

js4754394o9823
30 minutes ago, BloodyMary08 said:

Sk8er Boi

We stan the 2021 version

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

PartySick

I think you'd have a harder time thinking of something that isn't problematic these days :laughga:

🖤

TheFame Monster

Today people would say Poker Face is exploiting and fetishizing bisexuality, LoveGame isn’t inclusive of non-heterosexual relationships, Bad Romance and Paparazzi paint all women in a negative light, Alejandro’s lyrics are too toxic, etc…

As @PartySick said, people have a harder time not trying to find something as problematic. To me this is too the point that it is annoying. Not everything is exploitative or appropriation. Sometimes people want to tell a story and/or play a character. 

CautiousLurker
3 hours ago, flyaway said:

I bop to this still :vegas:

Sandrology
3 hours ago, flyaway said:

Which songs do you think would be cancelled by the public in 2021?

This one comes to my mind 

Tbh it is not that problematic because it comments on the society-standards Girls fulfill. It is provocative, but not more proplematic than reality itself. Look at the runways, and girls that are famous on youtube and tiktok... P!nk was telling the truth in a harsh way.

flyaway
39 minutes ago, Sandrology said:

Tbh it is not that problematic because it comments on the society-standards Girls fulfill. It is provocative, but not more proplematic than reality itself. Look at the runways, and girls that are famous on youtube and tiktok... P!nk was telling the truth in a harsh way.

I see it that way. But from a feminist point of view, there could be a different take about not supporting women and sl*t shaming them. It would be up to debate.

Idk. It's a bop though, and it has a good message after all. 

StrawberryBlond

I was just thinking about Stupid Girls recently and how this would be criticised so much now for shaming women for being girlie, wearing pink, being sexual and presenting themselves how they please. I still think she's ultimately right but she went about it far too harshly, especially in the video. Here's some more that haven't been mentioned:

The original line that went something like "tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy, that's fine, I'll tell mine that you're gay." Obviously, in the official video, she sings another line and it got censored on radio. She's all about being an LGBT ally now and it's like people don't remember this line on her debut album. This is the downside to people becoming famous really young, they can make big errors of judgement like this.

Self-explanatory. Mind you, a lot of people do sing it somewhat ironically, even Gaga, as evidenced by Carpool Karaoke. I don't think a lot of people know of the other stuff apart from the chorus, though.

And the other songs that he made dissing her and even inventing a story involving his daughter helping to dispose of her body. No way would we put up with a rapper who makes such songs about a woman. But as his fanbase is so heavily male, he could have survived somewhat.

With a song title like this, it was intentional to cause offence, naturally. This was probably his most shocking work, where he was singing lines about abusing abusers, encouraging murder and suicide and even using the n word, even if it was just to be provocative. Parents complained about him back then but there wasn't actually anyone young calling him problematic, we all just wanted to be edgy back then and the point was to find the most provocative stuff to be cool. He probably would've had all the other stuff about him getting exposed much sooner as well.

SharkmanthaC

Basically sexually assaulting a woman because of the way she's dancing and continue when she says step back.

This one kind of speaks for itself:

she/her/hers

Agunimon

This thread is pretty scary that so many songs would be problematic, and also hilarious. 

Archived