💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why The Cure doesn't feel like a Gaga song

NichuuB

Featured Posts

NichuuB

This is a legit question. I really love The Cure and it's always at my playlists. But there is something about it that doesn't make it sound like a Gaga music. I don't know if it's something with the lyrics or the rhythm, I really can't tell what it is. What's your opinion on this?

Property of @Whale

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFame Monster

It doesn’t have any vocal or lyrical flare like all of her other singles and it was very on trend. 

Still a great track regardless. Her surprise releasing it at Coachella was so surreal

Grigio Guy

I thought it was common knowledge that the song was made to test Gaga’s streaming power without much promotion. This is why the song sounds as catchy and as pop as possible

Religion is a product to sell.

NichuuB
1 minute ago, TheFame Monster said:

It doesn’t have any vocal or lyrical flare like all of her other singles and it was very on trend. 

Still a great track regardless. Her surprise releasing it at Coachella was so surreal

That might be it. Kinda generic in comparison to her work

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the song was made to test Gaga’s streaming power without much promotion. This is why the song sounds as catchy and as pop as possible

I didn't know about this:messga:

Property of @Whale

Delulu Rogers
3 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

Why would they need to test her streaming power though?

ThisGuyTony

I don’t think she’s ever spoken about it in interviews or what her inspiration was for the track.

Helxig

It's a very Ally Maine song tbh. Her vocals are different to a regular Gaga song. Especially her soft, almost R&B voice on the verses like "rub your feet your hands your legs". There are no long notes in the whole song which is very unlike Gaga. The instrumental isn't like any other Gaga songs either. 

Idk what the genre is but it's much more akin to Hair Body Face, Why Did You Do That, and Heal Me in my opinion. Also it was written and recorded at the same time as the ASIB music so I'm sure there was some cross-pollination happening there

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

DANCESEXARTPOPTECH

The song must of been made during ASIB writing sessions.The Cure sounds like it would be on the same album with all of the other Ally songs like Heal Me, Before I cry, and Hair Body Face. Also the lyrics of The Cure go along with the story line of the movie. That’s my guess as to why it doesn’t sound like Gaga. 

Helxig
4 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I don’t think she’s ever spoken about it in interviews or what her inspiration was for the track.

She wrote the song about her friend Sonja who was dying of cancer at the time, and a lot of people think she dropped it at Coachella because she was worried that Sonja might not make it, and she wanted it to be released while she was still alive

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

PunkTheFunk

It sounds like an ASIB outtake. They probably wrote and recorded a bunch of music for the movie, cut out a bunch as well, and then Gaga was probably like "Wait that one was kind of good... maybe we should release it and see what happens." 

FFXIV WhiteMage

It was once her best streaming song. It is that BOP :flower:

The vocals are pretty tame, no Gaga-eque flairs as someone had already described. But nonetheless it's a pop perfection of a song. 

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

LaLuna
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It sounds like an ASIB outtake. They probably wrote and recorded a bunch of music for the movie, cut out a bunch as well, and then Gaga was probably like "Wait that one was kind of good... maybe we should release it and see what happens." 

You know, that actually makes sense. It DOES sound like an ASIB outtake. It sounds like an Ally Maine song. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I think you've solved the mystery :tony:

Archived