💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why The Cure doesn't feel like a Gaga song

NichuuB

Featured Posts

Fashionofhissteven

I Thought This Was ASIB Song Before The Movie Was Announced But I Also Thought It Was Probably Going To Be What LG6 Might Have Sounded Like 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RobtsWthRayguns

I always felt like it was released as an obligatory sacrifice to the label to allow her to keep making music her way. 

NichuuB
5 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

My opinion is The Cure is one of her best songs and deserved more love :fatcat:

I really love The Cure, it's so cute and warm, it makes me happy. But you cant deny it has some kind of difference from the rest of her work. Even Come to mama feels like a gaga song

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
5 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

It was released at the time when The Chainsmokers and their minimalistic EDM-driven tropical sound was big and I immediately thought it sounded like that upon first listen. 

Another thing that i realized on this thread, chainsmokers are the ones to blame for the tropical house wave that i dislike so much (I guess the only tropical house music i like might be the cure, because it's gaga's). I also they ruined our chance to watch  gaga and ari performing rain on me last year, so yeah, another on my list to why i hate the chainsmokers:ally:

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
2 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

It's missing all the hallmarks of a Gaga song, traded for breezy 2015-wave "trop pop" tropes. 

Gaga songs are known for:

1) A four-on-the-floor Eurodance beat (TC has a light snap beat)

2) An epic, lyrical, building bridge that explodes into an orgasmic last chorus (TC has a weak bridge that just has some Oooh ooohs vocal vamping and adlibs in it)

3) Chanted "robotGa" heavily processed vocals, the verses might be spoken (TC is all melodic, not super easy to sing)

4) Sung in an alto register (BR, Pokerface), or with enough vocal layers to cover all ranges (Paparazzi) (TC is sung in a head voice in a more typical young soubrette's range/vocal style)

The Cure breaks from all of these signature Gaga elements and trades them in for more typical pop tropes. I love how Gaga returned to all four of those things heavily on Chromatica! And I love how DJWS and Gaga were able to recognize and shed some of those things to make songs conceptualized for a "different" pop artist, Ally. 

Oh wow. Amazing review, this quite impressive actually:kiss:

Property of @Whale

reelcool
17 hours ago, PartySick said:

This^

It's just a commercial bop :lolly:

It's kind of funny how ASIB showed up in the Joanne era with The Cure, got its own "era", then showed up on Chromatica with Love Me Right.

The soundtrack that keeps giving :diane:

was this ever confirmed to be a ASIB outtake

i mean it sure as hell sounds like one

Archived