💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Coverage Of Philip’s Death Proves To Be A Big Turn-Off 4 British TV Viewers

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

GucciGa
4 hours ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

It was way too much and it wasn't fair to air it all night to interrupt older people's programmes... Every TV channel should've largely stuck to schedule after the initial hour or two.

Agree. I don't have any issue with Prince Phillip. I'm not a monarchist but I do think his so called racist comments are largely jokes and people have no sense of humour. I say this as someone of a nationality that is often mocked and the butt of the joke. 

Even the aboriginal man that he said "do you still throw spears" to said his words were taken completely out of context and he was very pleasant. Was interested in their culture and not racist to him at all. 

He was 99 and probably not very PC but y'all have grandparents or older people in your life and you know what that's like. 

I saw one of the white house butlers (who happens to be black) said that Prince Phillip was his favourite guest and they even snuck a drink together when the rest of the party had wandered off. Phillip invited him to visit him if he was ever in London. 

He wasn't perfect. A lot of reporters etc said he could be rude and grumpy but could also be funny and irreverent. But he has also had his whole life taken over by his wife's duty and had to do the same crap for 68 years, go to the same community centre openings and try to look interested. He's also been old old for like 25 years and still did it. 

The sad thing is that Harry and Meghan's interview really caused his death to be made fun of and trolled bc once they threw that unsubstantiated racism accusation out there, it's caused his whole family to be viewed as racist. Apparently The Crown did a hatchet job on him too.  I hope Harry feels like sh*t having to go and face a family he's thrown under a bus. It's even better that it's a scaled  down event. Nowhere for him to hide and he won't have Meghan to form a bubble with. I honestly think what he was was atrocious and if he doesn't feel bad for what he's put his brother and father through then he's worse than I thought. 

(I don't care if you disagree) 

😇

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Living
7 hours ago, Autumn said:

it's only a matter of years, not decades, before we hold the first english presidential election.

You are going to have to talk me through this one 

I mean u can do it for one day but for a week? It's just a man who died, sure he served in the army and fought against nazis, and he had his tribute in Picadilly Circus, the flags were down, what more do u want? He wasn't the queen, and he died of natural causes, nothing to be sad about. We all wish we could live to 99 with our back and legs intact able to walk, move, and talk, and he did. 

Genuine Guy 09
1 hour ago, GucciGa said:

Agree. I don't have any issue with Prince Phillip. I'm not a monarchist but I do think his so called racist comments are largely jokes and people have sense of humour. I say this as someone of a nationality that is often mocked and the butt of the joke. 

Even the aboriginal man that he said "do you still throw spears" to said his words were taken completely out of context and he was very pleasant. Was interested in their culture and not racist to him at all. 

He was 99 and probably not very PC but y'all have grandparents or older people in your life and you know what that's like. 

I saw one of the white house butlers (who happens to be black) said that Prince Phillip was his favourite guest and they even snuck a drink together when the rest of the party had wandered off. Phillip invited him to visit him if he was ever in London. 

He wasn't perfect. A lot of reporters etc said he could be rude and grumpy but could also be funny and irreverent. But he has also had his whole life taken over by his wife's duty and had to do the same crap for 68 years, go to the same community centre openings and try to look interested. He's also been old old for like 25 years and still did it. 

The sad thing is that Harry and Meghan's interview really caused his death to be made fun of and trolled bc once they threw that unsubstantiated racism accusation out there, it's caused his whole family to be viewed as racist. Apparently The Crown did a hatchet job on him too.  I hope Harry feels like sh*t having to go and face a family he's thrown under a bus. It's even better that it's a scaled  down event. Nowhere for him to hide and he won't have Meghan to form a bubble with. I honestly think what he was was atrocious and if he doesn't feel bad for what he's put his brother and father through then he's worse than I thought. 

(I don't care if you disagree) 

No I agree with largely everything you said. I'm not a monarchist or I'm not against them, TV coverage was ridiculous though. Re Meghan and Harry, they seem to be in Netflix pocket - I enjoy the Crown, but we know its going to be biased af :air:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

GucciGa
24 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

No I agree with largely everything you said. I'm not a monarchist or I'm not against them, TV coverage was ridiculous though. Re Meghan and Harry, they seem to be in Netflix pocket - I enjoy the Crown, but we know its going to be biased af :air:

The last sentence was aimed at people in general. Not just you 😅

The trouble with The Crown is that it is clearly hugely sensationalised and biased towards certain characters. Yes, Charles should never have married Diana and carrying on with Camilla was gross but Diana was no angel either. She had her own affairs and manipulated the press to suit her narrative. (I'm not hating on Diana, I cried like a baby when she died but I'm grown up now, I don't see things as black and white any more. Life is so complicated) The Crown audience seems completely incapable of separating the TV show from reality and now that black twitter etc have aligned it with Meghan's story... Forget about it. It's a perfect storm compounded by that joke of an "interview". 

I really have no doubt that Harry will regret doing it, if he doesn't already. Now that the furore has died down they really look ridiculous. There's no proof of any of their more serious claims yet people are taking it as fact and accusing everyone (even Phillip despite Dumb and Dumber being so ~gracious as to exclude him and the Queen from their accusations (after it had aired). 

Harry and Meghan will be able to wipe their ass with money but it won't make them any happier. Don't her fans and supporters ever wonder why nothing is ever Meghan's fault? She's fallen out with her in laws, her dad's family, her mom's family, her former staff, the British tabloids... Yet she seems to accept no part in it.. Dodgy af. 

😇

Dominic
10 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Nobody cares about his death.

Quite the opposite really, its all that is on social media and the TV atm.  It's the fact that every channel was covering it with the same stories on a loop for a good 5/6 hours when we had all seen/watched about it in the day. People will tune in for 30 mins or so but then it's the same stories repeated so they'll turn off the TV. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived