💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor gets biggest debut of the year on Spotify

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

LilyLark
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

What monsters bullied her during ARTPOP?:huh: Pretty sure fans were at their most defensive during that era, and her connection with them was just as strong as before anyway.

I think it's pretty obvious stans turned on Gaga because she stopped communicating with them/doing as much, not the other way around (I'm not saying it's right that they did, but let's not act like Gaga's silence is because she's upset by fans, it's clearly not).

I get @Agunimon's point that this is really off topic....

But I'd argue that a) whether you think Gaga disconnected before the bullying or not....b) it became a weird cycle where Gaga would start to become semi active again and then fans would act up and she'd shut down again. But as problematic/whatever the fanbase (as many fanbases are, tbh) is....I don't think it's just about Gaga. A lot of stars have disconnected on social media and distanced themselves....I think it's a PR thing where social media is just seen as fairly risky nowadays...look at how Taylor got slammed in the mainstream media because a handful of unhinged fans went after the actress in that Netflix show.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, it's not just the fans...it's the GP/media....which is impressive since the entertainment media really turned on her circa 2015-2017.

How she handled that turned out to be the exact thing she needed to do to stay in favor with everyone. Disappearing for a year and coming back embracing that image with her reputation era was very calculated and is what I believe actually set her in her path of dominating the music industry. 

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

This thread is about Taylor Swift's debut numbers. Why does like every thread have to turn into an argument about how fans treat Gaga?? 

Because you’re on GAGAdaily.com :vegas:

LilyLark

Impressive. Really, no one can pull numbers like Adele & Taylor nowadays....and Taylor's #s are even more impressive in that while her music is very GP friendly it's definitely still seen as more oriented towards women/teens/LGBTQ unlike Adele who has everyone from Grandmas to the straightest 40 year old men as fans.

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Because you’re on GAGAdaily.com :vegas:

This is the only site I am on that is dedicated to something with sections to host other topics that bring this up as an argument to bring up things not relevant to the discussion. This can be a Gaga site and you can still have conversations that aren’t about her without making them about her. 

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

How she handled that turned out to be the exact thing she needed to do to stay in favor with everyone. Disappearing for a year and coming back embracing that image with her reputation era was very calculated and is what I believe actually set her in her path of dominating the music industry. 

I don't know...there was definitely some backlash to Reputation as the media accused her of still "playing the victim." I feel like staying off social media and barely being papped (and having her names out of the tabloids) helped her more...

Agunimon
1 minute ago, LilyLark said:

I don't know...there was definitely some backlash to Reputation as the media accused her of still "playing the victim." I feel like staying off social media and barely being papped (and having her names out of the tabloids) helped her more...

Definitely agree that her lack of social media presence helped as well. 

LilyLark
8 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Definitely agree that her lack of social media presence helped as well. 

She comes across as incredibly savvy...I watched the Miss Americana doc and was struck on how she remarked about ageism, the pressure for women to "re-invent" by the media/GP/fans, etc. Again, I dislike bringing this up because I truly like Katy, but I feel like Taylor was/is aware of having to shake it up compared to her....

One should be able to wear glitter and pink from 7 to 70, but the media was definitely critical and pushed the narrative of her being "immature" so after giving her fans of old Taylor (Lover) it was an incredibly savvy move to kind of transition to a more mature aesthetic.

SchwineLove
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I think Taylor embracing the Art of Fame even better than Gaga. 

Archived