Featured Posts

Supersonic

EyYO-8EXIAYOTf4?format=jpg&name=900x900image1.png?width=488&height=620

Overall WW album ranking SPS units:

18. Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Overally WW pure album sales ranking:

19. Lady Gaga - Chromatica - 560,000

Galagala

The Weeknd disappeared in pure album sales lol.

Chromatica is more like a just-for-fan album than the one GP would also like. This ranking is fine.

Aphasic
10 minutes ago, RickMonster98 said:

not justin bieber selling more pure sales wtf :billie:

Gaga is not a one trick pony. Justin is and sadly he's very likeable so that translates in more sales.

JustTea
13 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

Gaga is not a one trick pony. Justin is and sadly he's very likeable so that translates in more sales.

25 minutes ago, RickMonster98 said:

not justin bieber selling more pure sales wtf :billie:

Thanks to fraudulent China sales... :awkney:

https://chartmasters.org/2021/03/bts-dominance-is-the-only-unflawed-bit-of-ifpi-annual-list/

(355k without China)

Aphasic
2 minutes ago, JustTea said:

There you go. Gaga is banned in China for being political, something Bieber doesn't do nor seems to care about which allows him to be more "commercial friendly".

FameMonster01
14 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

It kinda flopped. :pole:

As for the overall sales, it's a major commerical flop,

but hey, statistically it did get 1 proper WW hit, + semi hit which was Stupid Love

+ a grammy winning era and a great debut week

Justin Drew Bieber
26 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

but hey, statistically it did get 1 proper WW hit, + semi hit which was Stupid Love

+ a grammy winning era and a great debut week

I wouldn’t call Chromatica a major commercial flop, that would be an album like Smile. Chromatica was just a commercial letdown.

ConnorFilm
3 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

I wouldn’t call Chromatica a major commercial flop, that would be an album like Smile. Chromatica was just a commercial letdown.

Chromatica did no better or worse than Joanne. I think 2 to 3 million sps worldwide is nothing to scoff at. The album’s numbers just look weak compared to ASIB since that soundtrack blew up. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Runway

After Hours and Future Nostalgia aren’t even in the top 20 and you call chromatica a flop :toofunny:

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

I really don't think Smile was forecasted by it's label to be a commercial success. That place is full of idiots if they thought that. 

Chromatica however came after a hugely successful soundtrack album, single and movie. An Oscar win a Grammy win. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Justin Drew Bieber
15 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I really don't think Smile was forecasted by it's label to be a commercial success. That place is full of idiots if they thought that. 

Chromatica however came after a hugely successful soundtrack album, single and movie. An Oscar win a Grammy win. 

Gaga didn’t capitalize off all of that :shrug: She waited a year to release music which is also a mistake I think her team made. They should’ve released a song mid-2019. And even though Stupid Love is a good song it wasn’t the right song to release. Rain On Me should have been the lead, and Sour Candy the 2nd single.

ConnorFilm
9 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

Gaga didn’t capitalize off all of that :shrug: She waited a year to release music which is also a mistake I think her team made. They should’ve released a song mid-2019. And even though Stupid Love is a good song it wasn’t the right song to release. Rain On Me should have been the lead, and Sour Candy the 2nd single.

I agree with you on that. Her team could have dropped SL in the summer or fall and it would have likely done better. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

JustTea
2 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Chromatica did no better or worse than Joanne. I think 2 to 3 million sps worldwide is nothing to scoff at. The album’s numbers just look weak compared to ASIB since that soundtrack blew up. 

It did way better than Joanne WW, even without any promo :triggered: Already surpassing Joanne's units.

3 hours ago, FameMonster01 said:

??? :saladga:

Being #18 best selling album of the year with 0 promo thanks to pandemic and only 2 singles, it did very well after all.

And most of this list are Asian acts that have inflated numbers as Chartmasters stated. :flop:

Archived