Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Fearless (Taylor’s Version) change the music industry?

Better Day

Featured Posts

Better Day

With the release of Fearless (Taylor’s Version) imminent, do you think this will be a change in the music industry? 

For many years, they are a lot of bureaucracy when it comes to masters of songs meaning some artists don’t get a say in what happens to their music. For example Taylor’s music was bought by Scooter Braun and she wasn’t allowed to buy it from him and she has decided to re-record her first 6 albums. Do you think this could be a trend in the industry? Do you see many more artists taking back their masters? 

Together You And I!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

I don't think most artists have such a disdain for whoever it is that holds their masters, like Taylor does for Scooter. For this reason, I don't think Fearless (Taylor's Version) will start a trend. Her circumstances are unique, and, beyond that, she is operating within a unique position of power in the music industry.

buy bionic

Jill

It's not easy to take your masters from whoever owns them, but with that being said, Fearless will be the second coming. All injustices will cease, the poor will be thriving and the rich will become stone statues. That's the power Taylor has.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Better Day
Just now, Jill said:

It's not easy to take your masters from whoever owns them, but with that being said, Fearless will be the second coming. All injustices will cease, the poor will be thriving and the rich will become stone statues. That's the power Taylor has.

I feel it could be a change. It would encourage upcoming artists to possible keep hold of their music. 

Together You And I!

Jill
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

I feel it could be a change. It would encourage upcoming artists to possible keep hold of their music. 

I think you're overestimating the power a newcomer has when compared to that of a multinational recoring label such as UMG for example. If the newcomer says they won't cease the rights to their masters, then UMG simply looks for another candidate. The newcomer loses everything and the label nothing.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

FrederickSpears

No. Most will just buy their masters if they care enough, but Taylor wasn't allowed AND she really hates Scooter Braun so I think that was what really annoyed her was that Scooter Braun would make money off of HER work and she hates him.

MonSwiftAnton

I would hope so, but Taylor has written all of her songs and that's why she doesn't receive a lot of backlash. Imagine someone like Britney, Beyonce or Ariana that has a loooot of writers and are at best co-writers themselves. That would not be the same way I believe.

FrederickSpears

Also JoJo already did that with her first two albums and it wasn't nearly as good as the originals. Taylor's sound amazing though!

FrederickSpears
6 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Most artists don't care though. In fact, some artists like Stevie Nicks, etc. that owned their own masters ended up selling them. Most don't care.

Better Day
3 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

Most artists don't care though. In fact, some artists like Stevie Nicks, etc. that owned their own masters ended up selling them. Most don't care.

Essentially, that was their choice. Many artists don’t get that opportunity. 

Together You And I!

10 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

No. Most will just buy their masters if they care enough, but Taylor wasn't allowed AND she really hates Scooter Braun so I think that was what really annoyed her was that Scooter Braun would make money off of HER work and she hates him.

Taylor was allowed to buy them tho, but she didn't like the terms offered (Releasing one new album for each of her old albums).

HuffsAhoy

Most artists don't hold the power and influence Taylor has, and most have never been in similar situations. I don't think any trends are being set her. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Riley

The sole fact that Taylor even has the means to rerecord 5+ albums??? like financially I don't see other artists being able to do that to scale. 

voltron92
28 minutes ago, Jill said:

It's not easy to take your masters from whoever owns them

But I thought your masters own you :laughga:

Mister G
30 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

With the release of Fearless (Taylor’s Version) imminent, do you think this will be a change in the music industry? 

For many years, they are a lot of bureaucracy when it comes to masters of songs meaning some artists don’t get a say in what happens to their music. For example Taylor’s music was bought by Scooter Braun and she wasn’t allowed to buy it from him and she has decided to re-record her first 6 albums. Do you think this could be a trend in the industry? Do you see many more artists taking back their masters? 

It's okay, admit it. You want Miss Gaga to re-record The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way and ARTPOP. 

Jokes aside what Taylor's doing will probably inspire others to just buy the rights to their music/own theirs masters. I doubt most of them will go through the lengths of re-releasing or re-recording.

Archived