💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Music Not The Bling

Aphasic

Featured Posts

Aphasic

At 0:40-1:10

This portion of a scene from Vox Lux, to me explains why so many artits do brand deals and other things not related to music. 

A lot of people judge Gaga for doing these things but we don't know how much she has on her shoulders. I'm sure she has a lot (maybe hundreds) of people who depend on her.

Many people now and then keep bringing the "music not the bling" but they don't see the bigger picture. 

Gaga is shown with actions that she's a good human being and her making things out of music doesn't mean she's "selling out" it means she has a lot of responsabilities with a large number of people and if partnering up with Oreo, Tudor, Dom Pèrignon, etc, helps her help others who are we to judge?

Cherries

We are assholes to judge

I've learned love is like a brick. You can build a house or sink a dead body

Lucas

The problem isn't that she's doing brand deals, it's that it seems like she is doing more brand deals than actually showing interest to her music

Mother of Puppies

I say she has had personal problems (family member very seriously ill & also mental issues which we know she has) and because of Covid (millions of people dying and loosing jobs around the globe) so she didn't feel like promoting her music at all because she has some decency. (The ad contracts have been made long before Covid and she HAD to post these whether she likes it or not)

(She also even postponed the release of Chromatica because it didn't really feel right to her releasing it in such a time - she said so herself - so we can all imagine how she felt about promoting it further)

Oh and BabylonHooker has said something like this too... so I'm probably right about it. It's really not that hard to imagine this... to me all this is pretty obvious.... and as soon as she talks about this specific time in the future (maybe what happened to her family member & her mental health during Covid) then everyone is gonna be like: Ohhh poor Gaga, we didn't know that.. bla bla.. I think it's pretty obvious that something was/is going on... and she's just not ready to tell yet (maybe even never)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Bolkins

I dont care about the sentiment behind music not the bling, it doesn’t really make sense to me anyway. I care more about the speech she did, the ‘I started saying no’ speech. I get people change their mind but talk about a 180. I care because it was such an empowering speech, it seemed like something that finally clicked in her after such a **** time in her life. She felt like a walking billboard and it made her depressed, so she stopped doing it. Now she is becoming that in a big way and she still isn’t happy sooo. 

MaMaMarryTheNight

Sadly I don’t remember who said it on the Forum, i think the thing is.. if you build a whole era about it (ARTPOP) where she basically screamed she’s doing it for the „music not the bling“ and then suddenly does the opposite.. it’s no wonder people bring it up. I get That people change. And I have nothing about AD deals, but in a way it took overhand where it’s hard to watch her IG since it looks like a typical influencer one. 

i get that covid is a thing, but this isn’t an excuse anymore, WE ALL, musician or not, had to adapt to it. 

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

GRIMEZSZ
Just now, Lucas said:

The problem isn't that she's doing brand deals, it's that it seems like she is doing more brand deals than actually showing interest to her music

Because she's bored with music, and we need to be ok with that. Gaga never was just a singer musician. She's an artist a very teather persona, after 13 years with lows and highs in the music industry is reasonable that now she want just act because is other dream of her and make brand deals for easy money is easy for her to just chill and enjoy her hard work without work on the music industry at this point of her career. Maybe one day she's going to make a resurgence and really enjoy a typical rollout of a music era. But not now. not after working just on music for a large period of time. y'all need to be ok that she just want to chill with his boyfriend, promote expensive brand, sell makeup and act in movies. After all, a few months ago she release an album with 3 music videos. relax.

JoanneMonster

okay someone said this on another thread but I think Gaga was going for an Andy Warhol kind of pop culture art for Chromatica. She wanted to be everywhere and sell everything, Stupid Love's announcement was a billboard. She wanted to be "selling herself" with basic products like cookies this era, just like Warhol.

Obviously it's not working out because of covid. Im sure she was gonna release music and performances a part from de brand deals. The thing is that because of covid first, and then because she didn't want to (or unknown reasons) she stopped promoting chromatica. She couldn't cancel the brand deals, and that's why it feels like she's selling stuff all the time and chromatica-ish things keep coming even when the era is over, like the champagne commercial, which was planned for may last year as well as the cookies. If the album rollout happened without covid, those would have been just promo deals and no one would complain.

I See You

Nathaniel Arven
17 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

who are we to judge?

who r we to judge anything or anyone anyway ? 

MaMaMarryTheNight
Just now, Nathaniel Arven said:

who r we to judge anything or anyone anyway ? 

tyler k

she hasn't sold out. it's very clear that she'll only work with these companies only if she can push her creative freedom/kindness messaging. 

also - can ya'll stop with this narrative that "she's bored with music"
it's really gross. you can't speak for her like that. 

this is obviously not the case, you're just mad she didn't want to promote her album. that was HER decision lol, optics wise it was probably the best decision she could've made bc can you imagine if she HAD gone with the full promo ignoring COVID and BLM? she would've been dragged to hell and back. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

MaMaMarryTheNight
1 minute ago, tmo13 said:

she hasn't sold out. it's very clear that she'll only work with these companies only if she can push her creative freedom/kindness messaging. 

also - can ya'll stop with this narrative that "she's bored with music"
it's really gross. you can't speak for her like that. 

this is obviously not the case, you're just mad she didn't want to promote her album. that was HER decision lol, optics wise it was probably the best decision she could've made bc can you imagine if she HAD gone with the full promo ignoring COVID and BLM? she would've been dragged to hell and back. 

Kindness with Oreos and champagne! :huntyga:

js4754394o9823
21 minutes ago, MaMaMarryTheNight said:

Sadly I don’t remember who said it on the Forum, i think the thing is.. if you build a whole era about it (ARTPOP) where she basically screamed she’s doing it for the „music not the bling“ and then suddenly does the opposite.. it’s no wonder people bring it up. I get That people change. And I have nothing about AD deals, but in a way it took overhand where it’s hard to watch her IG since it looks like a typical influencer one. 

i get that covid is a thing, but this isn’t an excuse anymore, WE ALL, musician or not, had to adapt to it. 

It's not Gaga's fault that y'all didn't understood her words and that whole album

ARTPOP is about 2 things co-existing with each other in harmony

Art/Pop, Art/Money, Artists/Brands, Artists/Fans etc.

She never said she's not going to do a brand deal, she said she's not going to sell out and do something she doesn't want to or be limited for the money

All of her deals promote things she believes in and it helps her in spreading the message

People should watch more interviews like this one before speaking about this era

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

buzzkill

This shouldnt even be a topic. She’s a commercial force and a good person to associate your brand with. Her making money isn’t anything bad at all. Like who tf really care about those things? It’s a brand deal not a soul selling 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived