Sign in to follow this  
society

Brazil crosses 4,000 COVID deaths in 24 hours

Rio
On 4/7/2021 at 6:44 PM, Jill said:

It was an indirect commentary on Bolsonaro but reading it again it didn't come out at all like I expected, and for that I'm sorry.

Thats okay bby, i guess

Galactic Mess
On 4/7/2021 at 11:56 AM, MACATL said:

“Doesn’t help?” That’s THE reason they are in the shape they’re in.  No one should be able to enter or leave the country except for world health org. 

Nah, the population here doesn’t give a damn about the disease either. The president merely reflects that. For you to have an Idea, levels of adherence to quarantine rules never cracked 60% in São Paulo (the peak was 59%), and the city was (and somewhat still is) the epicenter of COVID in the country at the start of it all. The same goes for the whole state of São Paulo (the one with the highest death toll and number of infections, besides being the most populous and wealthiest state in the country).

Of course, many people need to leave home for work, and that can’t be helped. But that’s not the only cause of the rampant spread. There are countless clandestine parties, barbecues and other social events with tenths or even hundreds of participants going on. And people are not even ashamed to post them on their social media profiles.