Sign in to follow this  
society

Biden Administration Ruling Out Issuing Vaccine Passport

RAMROD

The U.S. government won’t issue so-called vaccine passports, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said, after Texas sought to limit their development because of privacy concerns.

“The government is not now, nor will we be, supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential,” Psaki told reporters at the White House on Tuesday. “There will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential.”

The administration wants to protect Americans’ privacy and doesn’t want vaccine passports “used against people unfairly,” Psaki said.

Source:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-06/white-house-says-u-s-won-t-issue-vaccine-passports?srnd=premium

Biden Administration said, "not in Murica, bietch!!" :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 3
  • Sad 1

Madame Goo Goo

This administration is so spineless it's getting annoying

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 1

RainingOnMe

But... there's vaccine "passports" for other viruses :deadbanana: Why is everyone so afraid to step up for COVID? What difference does it make??

• Like 4

Bonkers
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

But... there's vaccine "passports" for other viruses :deadbanana: Why is everyone so afraid to step up for COVID? What difference does it make??

You answered your own question with the quotation marks.  These "passports" are medical documents to prove a vaccine was administered.  Those will be available for covid too because other countries and events are likely going to require them.  

Fighting about a federal vaccine passport is a waste of time because there is a lot of resistance to it, and it ultimately doesn't change anything.  USA can still require vistors to prove vaccine.  I mean, even the RNC convention is requiring participants to prove vaccination.  

36 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

This administration is so spineless it's getting annoying

Thinking presidents have a magic wand that gives them unlimited time and powers to implement any law they want is getting annoying.  Joe Biden is the most progressive president any of us lived under, and he's doing great work.

Maybe get on board and help out since sitting on the sidelines b*tching about everything really doesn't help anybody and opens windows of opportunity for Republicans to fracture our alliances.  :vegas:

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

HuffsAhoy

Well I must say President Biden has certainly been doing a lot the last few weeks to change my perspective on his administration and this is another FANTASTIC move :applause: Keep it up, Joe and I might start to stan :gaycat:

Rain on Me

Bottom

Honestly good, it will only lead to discrimination and is a ugly road to go down

• Thanks 2

Gagaloo911

I'm okay with this. If nothing else it spares us all the pearl clutching by Republicans and doesn't mean being vaccinated won't be required for other things or by private businesses. 

• Thanks 1

Zeth
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

My assumption is they fear that certain entities, public and private, will start requiring people to show written documentation of their vaccine, no matter where they go, what they do, etc. Perhaps to extent of moving into another state or to even entering a grocery shop. 

I'm by no means on the right, but I really think not issuing a vaccine passport is the lesser of two evils. Get your vaccine the moment you are eligible, get your booster shot if it will ever be needed (we still don't know), worry about yourself and not others, and you will be okay.

Edited by Zeth
  • Thanks 2

Economy
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Thinking presidents have a magic wand that gives them unlimited time and powers to implement any law they want is getting annoying.  

Omg thankyou!

I always find it annoying how presidents get all the blame when stuff goes badly or all the credit when stuff goes well as if they are some micromanaging dictator or some supreme God playing Sim City in his laptop

Theres always influence and pressure of your own party, oposing party, other levels of government that also influence outcomes, variables and external factors globally outside any governments control and the list goes on and on

Like yes its a high position with a lot of power and influence but if even Kings didnt always have absolute control at will,  In a divided democracy in modern times a President certainly doesnt

Edited by Economy
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Miss Dolly

At a president/PM has a spine. These “Vaccine Passports” are the first step into fascism. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

OysterBaby

Good. If you are worried, then get a vaccine. You will be protected, that’s what they are for. I get my second shot in two days!

• Like 1