Dr Fudge

Do you miss ‘Do What U Want’?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss ‘Do What U Want’?

• Yes
    • Nah, good riddance

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

It just dawned on me today that it’s been a year and a half since Gaga removed DWUW from all streaming services to further distance herself from the controversial track. I don’t remember the last time listening to it, but I know that I miss it. Even with R. Kelly being a total creep and the messiness of the roll out of the song, when I think back to when it was released I only have good memories because I saw it as this super empowering song about being so much more than just your looks and it hyped me up for the album release tremendously.

I’m sure that the decision to remove the track from the album was in part a coping mechanism of Gaga for moving past the backlash of the album, fall out with Troy, and controversy with R. Kelly and Terry Richardson, as that was all transpiring while the track was a single. But I still believe in “honoring your vomit”, as it was a song representative of the ARTPOP era for a reason. I wish they would have just kept the version featuring Xtina so that R. Kelly wouldn’t get any royalties. Not to mention the track has such a killer bass.

How do you guys feel now that we’ve had about a year and a half to reflect? I think I may head on over to YouTube to watch some performances.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

I never understood why it's so adored so not really 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

SerbianChromatican

The Legendtina version is superior :oops::vegas:

I'm just sad they didn't replace the R. K**** version with it on the album's re-release, it now feels incomplete... But he has a writing credit on the song, so he'd still be getting royalties from it... :messga:

F the Coca, F the pizza, all we need is shljivovitza

JoeMo
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Yes but I still think she did the right thing

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

bionic

I have it on my iTunes so its not the end of the world. Gaga should've replaced it on streaming with the solo version or the Xtina remix.

buy bionic

Robot

I added the solo version to my ARTPOP copy on iTunes so I don't :vegas:

That being said, I do think that she did the right thing.

Lampost

Why she didn't just re-release the track solo or with xtina is beyond me.

Chromatislaps

it was THE bop of the album, most fans said it was instant single material. In hindsight it's a pity regarding Kelly being on the track. But an ARTPOP re-release with DWUW and TheWeeknd would be amazing I think :giveup:

FATCAT

I, like any good stan, have like 5 copies and 16 digital versions. I can't miss it, it never left lmaoo

Purr more, hiss less.

hijadeputa
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

I never understood why it's so adored so not really 

Because it’s a pop rnB masterpiece

FATCAT
Just now, Lampost said:

My guess is that it had been "marked" in her mind, so anything less than total removal would have been half-assed. That being said, I think the Xtina version is on some releases? at least online I think

Purr more, hiss less.

SerbianChromatican
1 minute ago, bionic said:

I have it on my iTunes so its not the end of the world. Gaga should've replaced it on streaming with the solo version or the Xtina remix.

1 minute ago, Lampost said:

But the Xtina version is available on streaming?

It's not on the album itself, because R. would still be getting royalties for the writing credit.

F the Coca, F the pizza, all we need is shljivovitza

Archived