đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chris Hemsworth says his body is why he's not seen as a 'serious actor'

Bambino

Featured Posts

HEARTSTOP
38 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I mean, he's executed the roles that he's been cast in just fine. What he's saying is that you can't really grow unless you do more challenging projects, which he's not been able to do yet, and that's a fair statement to make.

Look at how Gaga improved from Machete to AHS to A Star is Born. For actors, each new role is informed by the ones you've done before it.

I guess...

But Gaga was great in Machete Kills. That movie was supposed to be campy and cheesy, almost like a 4th-wall breaking of "yeah we're obviously acting", and she accomplished exactly that. Was it Oscar-worthy? No, because the type of acting required wasn't that difficult to perform well anyway. The quality of the movie is a different topic...

If Chris wanted to do other "more difficult" roles, he would have that chance very easily, considering his status in Hollywood. Money (box office numbers that is) talks more than good performances many times.

But then you consider his involvement with the Thor movies, where he was given some freedom to adapt the script to his vision on the last one (Ragnarok), and he didn't take that chance to improve his "seriousness". He pushed for the movie to be more like Guardians of the Galaxy, with cheesy comedy, and to cut his hair to fit a "generic white muscular male" instead of continuing the look that set Thor apart before. And this makes me think that he's just not capable of better acting.

As any other person, he still has a long time to improve if he wants, and he's got the means to do it, so good luck!

IDGAF

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k

one of my old best friends used to have this problem as well.

it's all because of typecasting. 

he has a similar bulky-muscular build to Chris and he used to talk to me about this all the time. casting directors/agents/ppl in the audition room just see the muscles and go OH WE CAN MAKE MONEY WITH HIM and not even once consider the talents he could bring to the table. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

chromatic puzea
20 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Tbh I don’t know why he’d even want serious roles. In any role he’s done recently, people look forward to him and they respect him. Thor, most especially. 

He’s got a great family, funds, personality, fans, and his hotness is stacked like warm johnnycakes, piled high as an elephant’s knee. 

Leave the serious roles for people who are still trying to prove something. Like Rupert Grint. (who is also hot imo)

periodddd

say it louder

I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT I LUV IT 

Galagala

But whenever he's on screen, even in drama films, I don't notice his actings seriously.

Among MCU actors, Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo are good with their actings in drama films, imo.

djBuffoon
2 hours ago, HEARTSTOP said:

But Gaga was great in Machete Kills. That movie was supposed to be campy and cheesy, almost like a 4th-wall breaking of "yeah we're obviously acting", and she accomplished exactly that. Was it Oscar-worthy? No, because the type of acting required wasn't that difficult to perform well anyway. The quality of the movie is a different topic...

Right. She got the style in Machete and executed it well, same as Chris with the Thor series, even when the tone changed.

ProfessionalClown

Let’s reverse the roles here and if it was a woman you guys would say completely different things.

but y’all ain’t ready for that convo :ohwell:

MonsterPaws

I think Megan Fox faced a similar problem + sexism in her career. Unfortunate but I think if he can push for more "serious" roles (and outside the MCU) he can get out of being typecast. It could be tough but I think he's big enough to be able to do it!

ProfessionalClown
4 minutes ago, Galagala said:

But whenever he's on screen, even in drama films, I don't notice his actings seriously.

Among MCU actors, Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo are good with their actings in drama films, imo.

The thing is Chris is very good with comedy. I’ve seen him in a few other roles and honestly, when I watched the Ghostbusters remake (that was a mess) he was the best character in it. He was dumb as hell but super funny and played the role really well.

I feel like he could go the Zac Efron route and be a really good comedy actor 

Regina George

It’s funny to me how this thread is full of replies objectifying this man. I see it all the time with women and it’s true that women can’t get roles because of their “sexiness” so why would it be different with guys? C’mon we can do better than this. He has a point to some extent. 

ProfessionalClown
17 minutes ago, Regina George said:

It’s funny to me how this thread is full of replies objectifying this man. I see it all the time with women and it’s true that women can’t get roles because of their “sexiness” so why would it be different with guys? C’mon we can do better than this. He has a point to some extent. 

Regina George speaking facts as per usual, iconic 

Archived