đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chris Hemsworth says his body is why he's not seen as a 'serious actor'

Bambino

Featured Posts

gypsy101
2 hours ago, uo111 said:

It’s not his body, if he wanted to be taken seriously as an actor he shouldn’t have joined the MCU. I’m sure he can cry himself to sleep on his bed made of 100 dollar bills.

yeah no respectable or serious actor has ever been in the MCU!

except Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L. Jackson, Terrence Howard, Edward Norton, Tim Blake Nelson, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Natalie Portman, Hayley Atwell, Stanley Tucci, Tommy Lee Jones, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Zachary Levi, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Douglas, Elizabeth Olsen, James Spader, Josh Brolin, Djimon Hounsou, Bradley Cooper, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Mads Mikkelson, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Tyne Daly, Michael Keaton, Marisa Tomei, Cate Blanchett, Tessa Thompson, Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Laurence Fishburn, Brie Larson, Annette Bening, Jude Law, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jake Gyllenhaal and Kathryn Hahn and in the near future Florence Pugh, Rachel Weisz, Vera Farmiga, Hailee Steinfeld, Brian d’Arcy James, Tatiana Maslany, Angelina Jolie, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, Mahershala Ali and Christian Bale.

but other than them there are barely any serious actors in the entire MCU

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111
2 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

except Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L. Jackson, Terrence Howard, Edward Norton, Tim Blake Nelson, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Natalie Portman, Hayley Atwell, Stanley Tucci, Tommy Lee Jones, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Zachary Levi, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Douglas, Elizabeth Olsen, James Spader, Josh Brolin, Djimon Hounsou, Bradley Cooper, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Mads Mikkelson, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Tyne Daly, Michael Keaton, Marisa Tomei, Cate Blanchett, Tessa Thompson, Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Laurence Fishburn, Brie Larson, Annette Bening, Jude Law, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jake Gyllenhaal and Kathryn Hahn and in the near future Florence Pugh, Rachel Weisz, Vera Farmiga, Hailee Steinfeld, Brian d’Arcy James, Tatiana Maslany, Angelina Jolie, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx and Christian Bale.

I didn't say that serious actors can't take a role in the MCU for fun. But... to be taken seriously as an actor???? :awkney:

Even Meryl Streep wouldn't be nominated for anything related to acting in a MCU movie.

Bambino
22 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

Damn you really do like Telenovela culture

I used to be a huge telenovelas fan

1d2sNhQ.gif
dkHWH9S.gif

elijahfan
13 minutes ago, user123 said:

so every actor that joins mcu is not serious for you?:what:

What this user means is you don't usually take the MCU route to be taken as a serious actor. Obviously, a ton of super talented actors have dabbled in the MCU because who wouldn't, it's fun to make and most likely pays well - but those people got their credentials from other, more challenging projects.

AndrewGr

Adam Driver is also ripped but he's being taken seriously as an actor, so I do think that the main problem is the lack of talent/dedication Chris :huntyga:

Oriane

Just checked his Wikipedia and yep, he doesn't seem to have done any good movies. Cabin in the woods was a step towards something more interesting (even though his character wasn't) but the rest...

Now, has he tried to get more serious roles or did he just rely on his superhero roles and is now surprised not to be taken seriously?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Aphasic
9 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

except Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Bettany, Jeff Bridges, Samuel L. Jackson, Terrence Howard, Edward Norton, Tim Blake Nelson, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Natalie Portman, Hayley Atwell, Stanley Tucci, Tommy Lee Jones, Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Zachary Levi, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Douglas, Elizabeth Olsen, James Spader, Josh Brolin, Djimon Hounsou, Bradley Cooper, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Mads Mikkelson, Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Zendaya, Donald Glover, Tyne Daly, Michael Keaton, Marisa Tomei, Cate Blanchett, Tessa Thompson, Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Laurence Fishburn, Brie Larson, Annette Bening, Jude Law, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jake Gyllenhaal and Kathryn Hahn and in the near future Florence Pugh, Rachel Weisz, Vera Farmiga, Hailee Steinfeld, Brian d’Arcy James, Tatiana Maslany, Angelina Jolie, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx, Mahershala Ali and Christian Bale.

I get your point but Chris Hemsworth IS the one saying he's not taken seriously. So maybe for all of the actors you mentioned above, the MCU has not affected them, but clearly Chris feels otherwise.

Stupid Oreo
4 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I'll trade my body for his

gypsy101
2 hours ago, uo111 said:

I didn't say that serious actors can't take a role in the MCU for fun. But... to be taken seriously as an actor???? :awkney:

Even Meryl Streep wouldn't be nominated for anything related to acting in a MCU movie.

she gets nominated for almost everything

i think Liz Olsen has a good chance at an Emmy nom for WandaVision personally

littlepotter

Just realizing if I had enough money to live comfortably I'd have time to focus on making myself look hotter. Also realizing that's why most fit people happen to be rich :bear:

chaeri pls

Alannah

He has every right to feel that way and I'm sure there's some validity to that...

However, as a woman who got removed from audition notices after my initial contract because I was told I wasn't "skinny and plain looking enough" for leads/the 'straight' character and "not fat enough" for the archive fat jokes - uhhh I'd much rather have the problems that good looking men in Hollywood experience over the women and non-binary folks, tbh. 

djBuffoon

Once the MCU movies are over and he doesn’t need the Thor physique any more, I can guarantee he’ll be given a risky role that will pay off with more diverse and challenging projects. He’s a charismatic presence and a decent actor, but I can tell he’s got more to offer. 

Archived